• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Those D*mn Yankees!

I moved from Michigan to the Deep South, Alabama in 2016. Was informed last Sunday at my men’s Bible study, the difference between a Yankee and a D*mn Yankee. Yankees come to visit and a D*mn Yankees don’t go back. So these “good old boys” like duels? Let’s go! Just finished my dueling pistols. Walk 10 paces from each other and turn to hit the bottle. Loser is at the winners beck and call for the day. Knowing these ”gentlemen“ I think they would rather be shot dead with a powder burner than serve a D*mn Yankee for a day. I can’t lose.
79987BD0-C52D-4CE3-B759-F4CF80F7ECBA.jpeg
6573592E-5FD0-44EB-AD94-B6A4FD6E1219.jpeg

Last edited:
I moved from Michigan to the Deep South, Alabama in 2016. Was informed last Sunday at my men’s Bible study, the difference between a Yankee and a D*mn Yankee. Yankees come to visit and a D*mn Yankees don’t go back. So these “good old boys” like duels? Let’s go! Just finished my dueling pistols. Walk 10 paces from each other and turn to hit the bottle. Looser is at the winners beck and call for the day. Knowing these ”gentlemen“ I think they would rather be shot dead with a powder burner than serve a D*mn Yankee for a day. I can’t lose.View attachment 415869View attachment 415870
very cool !!! Guy's around here would ask " Why you usein' bb gun's ? "

Reactions: Bear-of-Grayling
You fellows have an island of like minded friends up here in Northern Maine. We'll happily visit, but we always go home, and we leave places as we found them. Plenty of folks from the same side of the fence up here.

As always, BoG's woodwork and grips are outstanding. Thinking about doing a set of Cocobolo grips for my MKIV.

Last edited:
"A government of the people, by the people, for the people". Sounds good until you translate it into reality and then it reads: A government of Americans that don't like Americans, by Americans who don't like Americans, for Americans who don't like Americans.
True. But nothing to fear. We will prevail. God bless America.

I agree. Yankees come South and bring their politics and taxes with them.
Then one day they wonder why the place they moved to has turned into a cesspool. They just can't figure it out.
I left New York and now live in the mid west. No way do I want the place I'm at now to turn into another N.Y.

My heritage is in the west. I can't relate to this post. Not a Yankee or a good old boy. And it makes me sad to think of Americans being so divided, when in reality we have more things in common than not.
Mine in the Caribbean, blessed to be an American by happenstance. We aren’t as divided as the “lame stream” media would have many believe. Good, solid values do not change over time. Keep the faith.

"A government of the people, by the people, for the people". Sounds good until you translate it into reality and then it reads: A government of Americans that don't like Americans, by Americans who don't like Americans, for Americans who don't like Americans.
How sad it must be to feel that way

Then one day they wonder why the place they moved to has turned into a cesspool. They just can't figure it out.
I left New York and now live in the mid west. No way do I want the place I'm at now to turn into another N.Y.
This forum must be chock full of US population research fellows. Everyone seems to know all about everything in a state they aren't in. Reminds me of the conversation I had with a guy who used to live by me in Oregon. He moved nearly 30 years ago and hadn't set foot in in the state for 17 years, but somehow knew the place out in the sticks he used to live was ruined. Opinions, they are like...