• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thormolds, anyone swaging with them?

As far as some play in the handle, I couldn't care less. My concern was consistent slug weight which it has been very consistent. Pressed almost 1000 slugs now and still consistent. Definitely not complaining. For an extra $90.00 they custom made a die in .3063 so for less than $1000 I got a custom made die and press where Press Slug wouldn't even make a custom size die and Corbin would have cost me $2500 for the die and press so for saving $1500 the handle can wiggle a bit, doesn't bother me.
Did you see his adjuster. It looks bent and the collar has been messed with.

As far as some play in the handle, I couldn't care less. My concern was consistent slug weight which it has been very consistent. Pressed almost 1000 slugs now and still consistent. Definitely not complaining. For an extra $90.00 they custom made a die in .3063 so for less than $1000 I got a custom made die and press where Press Slug wouldn't even make a custom size die and Corbin would have cost me $2500 for the die and press so for saving $1500 the handle can wiggle a bit, doesn't bother me.
If its work for you that's good, but with that kind of wobbling its just mater of time the die and punch goes out of alignment and crashes. Also that steel ram going through aluminium main body, there is no bushing in between ram and body, eventually it will wear and cause mis-alignments. Quality of the product is not worth what you paying for. Corbin's will last a lifetime, this press won't.

Last edited:
Reactions: DNPEWPEW
If its work for you that's good, but with that kind of wobbling its just mater of time the die and punch goes out of alignment and crashes. Also that steel ram going through aluminium main body, there is no bushing in between ram and body, eventually it will wear and cause mis-alignments. Quality of the product is not worth what you paying for. Corbin's will last a lifetime, this press won't.
Exactly - someone would have to be out of their damn mind or just a ***** to be ok with something like that.

Reactions: waffenspectr
Are you sure Waffen? Because members of AGN have invested in the product since Thor is an approved dealer on AGN forum. I hope that the points you've mentioned are not true.

Are you sure Waffen? Because members of AGN have invested in the product since Thor is an approved dealer on AGN forum. I hope that the points you've mentioned are not true.
This product is a clear example of copying someone's work, so when copying you don't exactly know how the product works. Don't take only my words into account, ask someone who has knowledge in designing these type presses, you can see both in corbin and original presslug there is a bushing in between ram and mainbody.

Regarding him being approved dealer in AGN forum. Most of people who knows him know that he is known for copying others work. Pellet and slug designs are copied from known brands, even this press's die set is copied from original presslug, so by making him as a approved dealer AGN clearly doesn't value the works of original equipment/item manufacturers.

Well, I'm shooting 300-500 slugs a week so buying from AVS I spent $106.20 for 500 slugs so in less than 3 months this should pay for itself so if it lasts 1 year that's all gravy. Lucky to have a range 3 minutes from my house

range.jpg

According to the site, the body of the press is not aluminum.

The press is made of S136H, the hardness can reach HRC35. This material can ensure that the press can be used for a long time without quality problems, and the slug mold is made of 440C stainless steel, HRC55,This press supports .177-9MM slug stamping and forming, and the slug length and weight are adjustable,We have tried it, and we can make about 200-300 slugs in one hour.。

I went off of this information before making the purchase. To be worth a dam with aluminum, it would need to be made out of 7075.

How did your adjuster get bent. Also, looks like some grinding on that collar.

After my 1st run I decided to make some changes. Groups were just OK. Nothing to write home about. I switched over to the flat bases. The dished base runs pretty deep @ .042 and I'm running a pin / slug probe, so I think it's not seating them deep enough in the chamber. If your running the standard FX probe, this won't be an issue. I also ran them through a resizer and they came out @ .02178. With them coming out the die @ .02186, it's knocking off about 18 fps. So I'll try this last batch later today and go from there. I'm new to making slugs so I expect it to take some time to dial everything in. Also, if anyone cares, the depth of the hollow point is 4mm deep
1000006370.jpg