Thormolds, anyone swaging with them?

Do you think he is the same guy from China that was posting on here last Fall looking for an expert? Sounds like he got a Suite in Denver and is selling under Thormolds, what do you think? I would think someone on here has tried them.
That’s a lot of money. My personal opinion, kinda sketchy. He mentions airsoft shooters???? I did not see any targets or groups. For that kinda money I’d rather invest in a Corbin press and dies.

That’s a lot of money. My personal opinion, kinda sketchy. He mentions airsoft shooters???? I did not see any targets or groups. For that kinda money I’d rather invest in a Corbin press and dies.
ZThanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards a Preslug before I saw the Thormold. I bought the GMI mold in 25 cal. and it actually works pretty good and had cost about the same as the Thor single mold. I made just save for the Preslug. I actually made some molds myself in 22cal and they actually worked ok but I couldn't get the heat treat right.

They have a website. Thormolds. The single molds are $390. and the 20 molds are $1275. Looks like they are in Denver.
Not to be a smart alec, but have you heard of JSB? Unless you have a solid source of CONSISTENT lead, plus antimony, plus a smelter, plus a LOT of patience, and maybe unless you are molding a large caliber... wouldn't you be better off just buying pellets from a reputable seller?

What caliber are you looking to mold?

Not to be a smart alec, but have you heard of JSB? Unless you have a solid source of CONSISTENT lead, plus antimony, plus a smelter, plus a LOT of patience, and maybe unless you are molding a large caliber... wouldn't you be better off just buying pellets from a reputable seller?

What caliber are you looking to mold?
No problem, I am not looking to cast and yes I have heard of JSB. I have about 25 tins in just 22cal. I have been casting pb and airgun bullets for over 50 years. Right now I have at least 600lbs. of pure lead and lead wire from Rotozip. I use a cast iron dutch oven to smelt my lead 50$ at a time. I also have 200# of linotype and 100lbs. of pure tin. I have cast TONS of bullets and have over 50 bullet molds including 22cal.
I am looking to swage SLUGS for more consistency in several of my 22cal. rifles. No offense just explaining.

No problem, I am not looking to cast and yes I have heard of JSB. I have about 25 tins in just 22cal. I have been casting pb and airgun bullets for over 50 years. Right now I have at least 600lbs. of pure lead and lead wire from Rotozip. I use a cast iron dutch oven to smelt my lead 50$ at a time. I also have 200# of linotype and 100lbs. of pure tin. I have cast TONS of bullets and have over 50 bullet molds including 22cal.
I am looking to swage SLUGS for more consistency in several of my 22cal. rifles. No offense just explaining.
Ok, now I am jealous of you! That is a bunch of lead, and obviously you know your way around projectiles. (I have done a tiny bit of casting back in the old days, but haven't done it in years.)

I have zero experience with swaging, but after watching the JSB factory tour video, I don't think I will ever try it on my own. If you decide to try the single Thormold, report back and let us know how it goes!

Will do.
Ok, now I am jealous of you! That is a bunch of lead, and obviously you know your way around projectiles. (I have done a tiny bit of casting back in the old days, but haven't done it in years.)

I have zero experience with swaging, but after watching the JSB factory tour video, I don't think I will ever try it on my own. If you decide to try the single Thormold, report back and let us know how it goes!
Will do. I don't do much casting anymore either. Pretty much gave up my PB shooting as my eyes aren't the same anymore.

After reading over their policies and ordering proceedures I don't feel comfortable dealing with them. I may check into Preslug a little more.
@ba49 Also check out this company if you have not. They’re operating out of Oregon.

Here’s a thread on their new and improved site. They’re still working on transitioning and transferring products and info from their old site.

@ba49 Also check out this company if you have not. They’re operating out of Oregon.

Here’s a thread on their new and improved site. They’re still working on transitioning and transferring products and info from their old site.

Thanks, I know about Corbin I have checked them out before. High quality, I just don't want to go through the long wait. I'm getting older by the minute LOL. Presslug is now being sold by multi companys in the U.S.

Thanks, I know about Corbin I have checked them out before. High quality, I just don't want to go through the long wait. I'm getting older by the minute LOL. Presslug is now being sold by multi companys in the U.S.
@ba49 Order now and the wait may not be too long. Give them a call. They have sets in a few calibers in stock last I checked about a week ago. Certain bases may not be available which is why I recommend calling.

Well guys I ordered a Presslug in .25 from Pyramyd Air today. Supposed to be here tomorrow. It was the last one they had in stock so I grabbed it even though I wanted a 22cal. first . I'll order the 22cal dies if it works out. I have 2 Brococks and an FX in 25cal. So I planned to get that cal. also anyhow. I also have a roll of 25cal. wire from Rotometal already so it made sense. Will let you know how she works. What can I say guys I'm impulsive just like most guys on here and the wife gave PERMISSION so I had to act quick before she recinded it LOL.

Well guys I ordered a Presslug in .25 from Pyramyd Air today. Supposed to be here tomorrow. It was the last one they had in stock so I grabbed it even though I wanted a 22cal. first . I'll order the 22cal dies if it works out. I have 2 Brococks and an FX in 25cal. So I planned to get that cal. also anyhow. I also have a roll of 25cal. wire from Rotometal already so it made sense. Will let you know how she works. What can I say guys I'm impulsive just like most guys on here and the wife gave PERMISSION so I had to act quick before she recinded it LOL.
I hope you have luck. As I mentioned earlier, I tried their slugs and they were hot garbage. I would advise you to buy the test slugs from Apex Airguns.

Reactions: ba49
I do have a powder coating setup which helped when casting slugs that ended up small. I think it may help with swaging also. Also I will probably cast blanks. I also have lathe and milling machine and may try to make some addons to the molds if needed. I'm really looking forward to experimenting with this. I'm retired and have the time. I also have lots of lead tin and linotype to try different hardness. I did some of that when I played with making my own molds. Some actually worked pretty good.

ZThanks for the feedback. I was leaning towards a Preslug before I saw the Thormold. I bought the GMI mold in 25 cal. and it actually works pretty good and had cost about the same as the Thor single mold. I made just save for the Preslug. I actually made some molds myself in 22cal and they actually worked ok but I couldn't get the heat treat right.
Thanks for the GMI mention. Its always a pleasure to know that the kits we've engineered are serving you good. We will be back in action soon.. After a long long wait!. Things have started to roll, Fx halo being one of them and GMI getting back in action.

Reactions: Spinach and ba49