• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

THOMAS AIR ... New owner and a dealer too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Scott, it is just superb! I’ll take some better pictures in the morning. BTW, you forgot the optional dead grass.😝

here is a sneak peak:

E7E43CD9-07AE-4068-A24F-B5C239796586.1646367423.jpeg

amazing design and build quality! Machined and hard anodized billet aluminum everything with titanium air tube and shroud plus the hand picked barrel by Mike himself AND custom Thomas spec custom furniture by Cochran! there isn’t a thing that can even be upgraded. WOW is an understatement! Will have to start its own thread soon, need suggestion on name for this thing of beauty! And yes, I need lower scope rings.

Yea .. scope rings LOW as you can Go ... AKA LIMBO !!!

Damn .. Nice rifle !!

Thanks Scott and great meeting you in person! The more I hold and look at the rifle the more amazing it is. Every single little detail has clearly been nerded out with many hours of careful thought and design put into it. 

Note to everyone checking out the thread: y’all better put your deposit down with Scott for one ASAP because the line will get long quick. If looking at higher end FT/HFT guns just bite the bullet and order one, you WILL SAVE MONEY in the long run and you can thank me later! 

Thankfully kids just went to sleep cause daddy need some alone time……

Thanks Scott, it is just superb! I’ll take some better pictures in the morning. BTW, you forgot the optional dead grass.😝

here is a sneak peak:

E7E43CD9-07AE-4068-A24F-B5C239796586.1646367423.jpeg

amazing design and build quality! Machined and hard anodized billet aluminum everything with titanium air tube and shroud plus the hand picked barrel by Mike himself AND custom Thomas spec custom furniture by Cochran! there isn’t a thing that can even be upgraded. WOW is an understatement! Will have to start its own thread soon, need suggestion on name for this thing of beauty! And yes, I need lower scope rings.

Hey congrats there Qball, welcome to the club!

Congrats qball. I was very glad when Mike told me about getting these guys to gunsmith his rifles. I happen to have Will in my backyard, but I would have happily gone with Scott if Will wasn’t also doing the work. I hope yours is as awesome as mine has been. I have to get a new thread up about mine, but have wanted to try to get some more things together to say first. I am hopeful to get my focus set up finished so I can go to a match next weekend.

Congrats qball. I was very glad when Mike told me about getting these guys to gunsmith his rifles. I happen to have Will in my backyard, but I would have happily gone with Scott if Will wasn’t also doing the work. I hope yours is as awesome as mine has been. I have to get a new thread up about mine, but have wanted to try to get some more things together to say first. I am hopeful to get my focus set up finished so I can go to a match next weekend.

Awesome! Can't wait to see yours!

Yea .. scope rings LOW as you can Go ... AKA LIMBO !!!

Damn .. Nice rifle !!

Does this count as limbo? Not my favorite rings but they are the lowest I can find for now at 0.75 inch from the base. Pretty sure that’s about as low as I can go with this scope and rings combo because the purge port is MM from the rail, now I like to find nicer rings with height of 0.75 inch. 

E1D9AE20-CAEA-4A9C-A8BD-EAAF8985AC3B.1646757266.jpeg

And what are the advantages of the new parts? Like there is a new valve but does it allow the gun to be more efficient or produce more power?

Rigidity for sure !! Greater long term durability & shot to shot consistency. More has been addressed with the External plenum HPX versions.

Out of country sales and specifics .... make inquires direct to Thomas Air please.

And what are the advantages of the new parts? Like there is a new valve but does it allow the gun to be more efficient or produce more power?

I have very little experience behind the older Thomas FT rifles but these new ones shoot extremely soft. Probably the weight of the rifle and new valving??? but at 19 fpe its neat to shoot at paper off bucket and sticks and watch the hole appear. It's almost like shooting a 10M rifle off sticks. It's hard to describe the feeling of the recoil impulse and movement but an older 19 fpe FT rifle I have doesn't feel as nice, or I should state - as refined.

Status
Not open for further replies.