• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Thomas' @50Y & 100Y ?

We had our 1st and only N50 match in October which was a blast BTW and so much so that we have 7 additional sanctioned matches scheduled for 2023 April - October. After our event I polled the shooters as to what we could do to improve future events and the most requested was to add or incorporate a 100Y event too. Initially in 2023 we are going to offer the standard 3 card N50 match plus an additional 2 card 100Y match following the N50. We will try this for the first couple of matches to see what the consensus is from the shooters before we commit to adding this for the remainder of the matches. As suggested by Mike we will be using the following and slightly more forgiving 200Y targets for our 100Y event:

I have been combing through the AGN reading threads while I ......... patiently ......... wait for my Thomas to arrive sometime in the spring of 2023. Initially I had planned to dedicate my HPX to 50Y events and use another rifle for 100Y but it got me wondering if any of you 50Y BR shooters are or have used your Thomas for both distances? Other than knowing your scope dope adjustments ahead of time, what would one do to prepare the same Thomas rifle for both distances?

Mike, if you are reading along, do you do anything different to the rifles that you have experimented with at both distances? I vicariously have read through your 100Y threads and wondered if yours was a 100Y only purpose built rifle or were you just seeing what your standard BR rifle was capable of at longer distances? I wonder if Jeff Hernandez does anything particular to his Thomas to prepare for both distances?
where in OH ?

The new rifies have a one piece flat bottomed action block and the new flat bottomed strikes are independently bedded. They are not connected. Been waiting on these custom barrels for 10 months…and have hand lapped them myself. They are working very well. All new valve and porting has doubled efficiency. Getting over 100 shots on a 250bar fill now….with very tight velocity spreads. I’m pretty happy…but not yet satisfied. We had light winds today, but cold temps. I put some crazy groups at 50 and 100 together with pellets out of the tin, of course. 😀

992AC329-661A-47E1-9F71-7C6D5FE30EEA.png