This place isn't very friendly?

What's going on?

Close nit private forum?

Sick of newbs?

I don't even think I've had enough post to piss off anybody yet. :) 

Anyway, I learn a lot from reading your posts at least.

@bd2021 Did you mean to address your post to a specific member or did something happen that you’d like to share publicly? I have no idea what you’re talking about. 

@bd2021 It could just be a feeling. If you haven’t been involved in any conflict I wouldn’t sweat it. People aren’t always going to respond immediately or directly to you if you post something. If you’re looking for airgun related interaction, maybe pose some questions. If it’s general conversation you’re looking for I dunno, you could try PMing a couple of people or try Facebook. 

bd,

Sometimes it may feel that way, but there's a lot of good people here. I've followed the forum since January 2021, finally joining in April. I was as green to the world of PCPs and Springers, as green could be. Certain parts of the hobby appealed to me, other parts didn't. I tried to learn what I could, mostly from following the longtimers, eventually feeling comfortable helping newcomers with problems I'd experienced. I'd recommend, find your niche, learn all you can, then begin to help new members who come bearing questions. Pretty soon you'll begin to feel a part of this helpful, caring community. WM

All these guys on here that responded are right on. I’ve only been a member for about a couple years and I only comment every now and then and rarely actually start a post. But I read the posts every day.I have learned a lot from all these guys and Will never learn half of what they know in my lifetime. But I do try to help newbies with any information I can which is not near as much as most of these people on here. Everybody has their preferences of the types of air guns they like and interests. If you have any real problems that you need help with, there is always somebody willing to help. Just remember though that it might take some time to get an answer.The only thing I could suggest is to just every chance you get read the posts that you’re interested in and try to learn all you can.

I've only experienced friendliness here. Well, that and maybe some OCD "too much detail" on ballistics or various technical issues where people's opinions may run a little ahead of the facts. 

You'll get the best responses if you make your posts more on the meaty side in terms of relevant content. It's not a chatty forum where people pass the time. It's largely "all business". The less to-the-point you are, the less you'll get in positive feedback. 

I've been here about a year and consider myself still low on the learning curve of airguns . Every interaction I've had here has been positive and informative. Wealth of knowledge and experience from the people here. One thing I've noticed is it pays to do your homework and put forth an effort to learn, before posting a question. I read way more than I post. I look at this forum as a learning platform, a place for like minded enthusiasts to share knowledge and ideas . It's not a social platform. If you can't find an answer ask a question and I'm sure someone here will chime in in a day or two.

Sometimes just being the noob on a forum can be intimidating. I remember here when I first joined I didn't get many responses to threads or posts. It just takes some time to get a bit of street cred. Sometimes people need to get to know you to warm up. Don't take anything personal on a forum - we're just a bunch of mostly anonymous airgun geeks and a smattering of a-holes who you'll find out about in good time. 

I'm a noob here. Had to take a long break because of stuff. When I came back I felt more of a noob so no one really heard of me.

But when I posted a question I got a response very quickly with really helpful info. Awesome place to find answers while learning.

If you get 1 response and it's clearly a good one maybe it won't draw any more or you might get a few more.

I might be lucky but I don't think so. I ask questions with enough info for a good straight answer. If I don't receive an answer(can't remember that ever happened) then I just keep reading and usually run into the answer from another post. Just be patient. This site is just full of knowledge with people more than glad to help. 

I feel fortunate to have found this site and the more I learn maybe someday I can help someone else. That's what this site is.. learn and share. 

i wouldnt lose any sleep over it i joined a while ago post when i feel have something postive or neat to share i have zero points doesnt bother me in the least have lots of friends in reaL life and have learned lots from here and almost every question i have ever has been promptly ans also i shoot low end stuff that what my budget allows and i have said before i enjoy having 15 low end air guns over 1 high priced one i have just as much fun shooting in my backyard range as anybody here also i do enjoy checking in here every day but there are other airgun fourms to join some cater to low end shooters little more airgun fourms are free so shop around.