• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

This one seems proud of himself

I shot this squirrel this morning with my P35-22 using a 21 grain H&N Baracuda Match pellet. I hit the shoulder as he was sitting on a branch eating an acorn. Dropped at impact just like the 6 others I used this PCP on. He landed just as he is in the first picture. I guess he, even in death, wanted us to know he wasn't a girl or an immature boy. Weighed a pound by my fish scale. He was 20 yards away and at a 21 degree upward angle according to my rangefinder. You can see the impact area on his shoulder in the first picture. I'm not sure why there is blood on a back leg in that picture but the pellet passed through and he bled a lot pretty quickly. The front leg below where I hit him was loaded with blood and the chest was a mess. Nice clean kill. This one reacted differently than the last one presumably because he hadn't been shot at before. I missed a few times with my 177 apparently due to a bad tin of pellets. When the dog and I came out the back door this one moved up the oak I shot him out of but didn't seem all that scared. Then he sat up there in plain sight eating. The previous one moved quicker to a point higher in the tree and then peaked out from behind the tree.

51-1.jpg

51-2.jpg

Yep, P35 is by Snowpeak who used to be called Artemis. They are a large manufacturer who mainly make guns to be sold under other companies name (like the Notos above). The only way to get a P35 I know of if you live in the U. S. is to order it from Krale. They are OK to order from, however. If you don't get hung up in customs you should have it in 3-4 days. But if you want a domestically available alternative the Stoeger bullshark is almost exactly the same gun. The bullshark and P35 are side cocking, the earlier P15 is rear cocking. That was a key feature for me because I shoot from my left shoulder. I wanted mid cocking and a flush magazine and the P35 (and bullshark) has those features.

I made the stock in the pictures, these guns come with a synthetic stock. I prefer wood and do woodworking as a hobby plus I needed at least another inch length of pull so all 3 of mine have home made stocks.

I shot this squirrel this morning with my P35-22 using a 21 grain H&N Baracuda Match pellet. I hit the shoulder as he was sitting on a branch eating an acorn. Dropped at impact just like the 6 others I used this PCP on. He landed just as he is in the first picture. I guess he, even in death, wanted us to know he wasn't a girl or an immature boy. Weighed a pound by my fish scale. He was 20 yards away and at a 21 degree upward angle according to my rangefinder. You can see the impact area on his shoulder in the first picture. I'm not sure why there is blood on a back leg in that picture but the pellet passed through and he bled a lot pretty quickly. The front leg below where I hit him was loaded with blood and the chest was a mess. Nice clean kill. This one reacted differently than the last one presumably because he hadn't been shot at before. I missed a few times with my 177 apparently due to a bad tin of pellets. When the dog and I came out the back door this one moved up the oak I shot him out of but didn't seem all that scared. Then he sat up there in plain sight eating. The previous one moved quicker to a point higher in the tree and then peaked out from behind the tree.

View attachment 399890

View attachment 399891

Yep, P35 is by Snowpeak who used to be called Artemis. They are a large manufacturer who mainly make guns to be sold under other companies name (like the Notos above). The only way to get a P35 I know of if you live in the U. S. is to order it from Krale. They are OK to order from, however. If you don't get hung up in customs you should have it in 3-4 days. But if you want a domestically available alternative the Stoeger bullshark is almost exactly the same gun. The bullshark and P35 are side cocking, the earlier P15 is rear cocking. That was a key feature for me because I shoot from my left shoulder. I wanted mid cocking and a flush magazine and the P35 (and bullshark) has those features.

I made the stock in the pictures, these guns come with a synthetic stock. I prefer wood and do woodworking as a hobby plus I needed at least another inch length of pull so all 3 of mine have home made stocks.
Another fine shoot Jim.

Spring is coming and pigeons are activating. In my farm there are not so many of them, but still they poo everywhere and on everything. And that poo is considered contaminant. Anyway, long story short. My FX Dreamline and AirMaks Krait L is under tuning process (still, unfortunately, lack of time and very bad weather for tuning outside). But Snowpeak P35, in .177, was there to grab it from gun "safe", load, aim, and pull trigger state.
Yesterday took down one pigeon @42m and today 3 pigeons @26m and incline 23deg. They sat on the roof of grain dryer tower. It seemed that they didn't know WTF is going on and I managed to take them down 1 by 1.
One of them fell between silage bales and can't be collected.

Snowpeak P35 in .177, JSB Exact Monster RD-s, 13.43gr, shot at 858fps.

IMG_8486.jpeg

And that one that fell down, between bales.

IMG_8485.jpeg

IMG_8483.jpeg

IMG_8482.jpeg

Last year, in February, the same gun, tune (factory reg. around 130bar and hammer spring adjuster screw turned out, flush with the back of the block), pellet. Eliminated 4+ pigeons, did not take pictures of all of them.

IMG_6825.jpeg

So far I'm impressed with that Chinese airgun.