• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

This one goes out to all my Ex’s in Texas

Ex friends in Texas after this that is.
I’m trying to persuade the Oklahoma City club to have Paul Porch make one of these for their club. 
I wonder if the boys south of the Red River would want to/be able to hit the KZ? 

F372BCB8-1344-48C6-B726-CA3F99D2C094.1625105044.jpeg

This all may be in jest however i hope Paul has enough class to decline your request. During the later years of my working life I did quite a few projects in the Lone Star State and found nothing to complain about regarding Texans. They are more proud of their State than most others are and they treated this east coast guy with fairness and respect. Home is HOME but I must admit that I was sad the last time I left Texas.

Some of them can even shoot pretty well too!

Rick Bassett

If I am not mistaken, I shot targets in the shape of Minnesota at the worlds in Minnesota. It was like a tribute to the state and the targets were quite popular.

That said, I would not make a target in the shape of one of our other provinces and shoot it. If they created it for one of their own matches, fine.

Tim

It’s all in good fun. It’s a Texas Oklahoma thing. We like to haze each other.

Well Dave, I think you guys in OK screwed around a little too long, because an Oklahoma-shaped target showed up at the match at Pecan Plantation today courtesy of one of the PP members. The KZ is smaller than 1” because we need a challenge in Texas, and the target worked OK, same as your state motto. Maybe you can make it to the next match and try to knock it down!

117D7131-C59D-4674-8489-9179B131D230.1625973050.jpeg

All comments are in jest!

OK, so my fellow FT shooters in a state south of here ( I can’t speak it’s name because it leave a vile taste in my mouth) got their feeling hurt because in the body of this post on this beloved forum I opened a discussion on a new faceplate honoring and recognizing their endeavors. 

Wellllll….. They took it a step in the wrong direction; a step over the Red River to be more geographically correct, and slandered the great state of Oklahoma by making a faceplate in the shape of the outline of our Great State and actually shoot at it!! Why the nerve of those scoundrels! 

We will rise above this defamation and character assassination as we are above their so-called state and it is with our extended hands in friendship and caring for our fellow man, the only thing keeping them from sliding off into the Gulf of Mexico. 

I understand their misery and despair. I empathize with them. So to make peace with our fellow FT brethren, I will soon be commissioning a different face plate switching from the outline of their state to that of their true feelings;

A Snowflake.

Yes, a Snowflake. A Snowflake with a large KZ. A Snowflake with a bright, sparkly, inviting KZ which can be easily hit if one so desires to attempt to to strike it. 

One that when struck, puppy dogs and cupcakes come bounding out in joy and laughter. Maybe one when hit has a rainbow suddenly appears above it with the words, “Good Job!” inscribed. Yes; Yes! Surely this would be more to their liking. 

We only want to demonstrate our deep sympathetic, understanding of their sensitive feelings and desire some means by which we can best display that to them. 

And as a small token of our out reaching endeavors we are having a hot dog grill after the match this weekend, (think Plymouth Rock) at no additional charge mind you, to all those who attend. It’s on us!
Hope to see you soon boys! 

A very good friend who used to make the best field targets at the time once called and said he wanted to make me a free target of my own face-plate preference(s). He made it exactly to my description, including pink toenails, pink necklace, and kill-zone size (3/8") and placement

Poodle FT.1626282571.JPG

For some inexplicable reason my Cali friends take offense at this target, despite the fact that in my superhuman political correctness I specifically did not specify a rainbow-color necklace, purple hair, or ugly-ass body piercings.

My Okie firends almost always laugh at Frenchy-Poo. So I'll take this opportunity to clear up a little confusion about the mixed comments I get about my gifted target from Oklahoma gentlemen.

Which of you is correct? "If you cook 'em just right, poodle tastes like"-

Possum, carp, snapping-turtle, buzzard, or nutra-rat?

"Asking for a friend" who owns a very exclusive, FOUR STAR Cajun restaurant in Houston.

Us Okies and Texans have been poking each other since the bridge over the Red River has been opened up. I learned at an early age we Okies and Texans are all blood related. Something about Oklahoma cowboys and Mexican ladies of the night....years ago..... So when outsiders try to enter our family arguments you'll catch hell from both of us. It's hard to fight brothers.... Our only issue is from the immigrants moving in from the "Left" coast to enjoy our great life here and voting like where they came from......

Warning to our Texas friends...a few of us Okies are crossing the Red with our guns, air guns that is, to pay you a visit this coming weekend.....looking forward to seeing you all and having some fun!!

Joe U