This little gun - it's a vicious little beastie ( lol )

RTI Prophet Performance 1 that I purchased from a fellow member here on AGN. He sold it to me with the LR .22 barrel in it - but I already had one of those - I wanted a .177 and already had the barrel. Readers digest - I initially tested the 13.43 jsb ko's in it and they shot surprisingly well. ( Really well! ) I went out and bought a "ton" of 'em . . . time passes - the S. African guy (Gerhard Slabbert) put out a video where he's slinging *20*g .177 slugs and in typical youtube fashion he's smoking sparrows at 200yds. " . . . I gotta try some of this heavier stuff in mine . . . " They, heavy H&N .177 slugs, weren't yet available in the States - so I go googling around and found Griffin Slugs. I had serious reservations about my gun's capability to push something that heavy (20g) out of the much shorter barrel than what the youtuber was using (700mm). I picked up batch of 16 and 18g's from Griffin and gave them a go. I tried the 16's first and they were horrible. I hesitantly went and loaded a magazine with the 18's not having any expectations and . . . . "whoa . . . seriously?!" In close at 30 yds they were GREAT!! I took 'em out to 50, and then 70. They didn't fly particularly fast - 900 - 910'ish. " . . . these things are friggin' awesome!" I bought a bunch of 'em. :ROFLMAO: A year or two later I've finally run out of them, knowing that I've got a pile of the 13.4 ko's just sitting on a shelf and I remembered that they shot really well too.

↑ With that up there said - I'm now back to the 13.4 ko's. I remembered (kinda) that they ran "hot" - 960, 970 - maybe even 980's - couldn't remember exactly where they were happy but it was much faster then the heavier 18's that I'd just run out of. Cutting to the chase - yeah - "hot" - 994. They're cookin' - but they also seem to fly really well.

Preemptively - odd ranging. The range where I shoot at - what the guys call their 50 yd board is really 51. The one they call their 100 yd is really just shy of that @98. (In case anyone wondering about weird numbers below.) "Close 'nuff . . . " I'm usually just wanting to get minute of woodchuck, pigeon, etc . . . not going for rmac accuracy.

I zero'd at 30 and that is tight - the dime covers it easily (5x group)
51 is tight - dime covered 4 out of 5. Also 30 through 50 = zero. Flat. Nice.
70 is tight - like 50, the dime covered 4 out of 5
98 - see photo's below. Explanation here though, or if you wish to interpret - excuses. <grin>

#1 - I knew it it was going to drop from 70 to 98 - I guessed on the number of clicks to dial up - not enough. ( a r-l breeze was starting to kick in some too, and not consistent - on and off - irritating ) Looking at the impact and comparing where it hit vs my aim point - looked like it needed about 4 more clicks. I send #2. I scratch my head - ".. did I not even hit the paper??" I send #3 - this ones not quite on the line like #2 and I immediately see it - "Damn!! #'s 2 & 3 are dead nuts!! " I'm now "feeling" the breeze and holding ~just a little~ to the right - this breeze is getting stiffer. I send #4 - {sigh} It could very well have been me, the wind kicked in a little stronger - I don't know - but still - not bad for a little .177 at 98 yds. If I can get #5 in with the previous 3 - I'll be happy with this group and call it a day. I have no friggin' clue what happened with #5 - it went WAY high and wind did pull it left. {sigh} ". . . well that killed what could have been a good group . . . " I decided to "redeem" myself and send #6. Holding off to the right - breeze now becoming on and off again wind - there's a storm moving in - thunder has been rumbling in the background. I send it. The wind let up. "C'mon man - you gotta be kiddin me . . . I'm done." ( it hit basically where I was aiming )

177rti-134g_kos-1.jpg

177rti-134g_kos-2.jpg

177rti-134g_kos-3.jpg