THIS JUST IN! Airgun Channel's NOMAD Dead of Unknown Causes

Hey guys. Do these things come with a warranty? This one was a loan. I'm just curious if someone in my situation would get a replacement NOMAD. It lasted about 4 months. 1 month longer than the Orange one from Talon Tunes. 

I changed the hose O-rings at both ends and the burst disk. Both bleed valves tightened. I also put 2-3 drops of pure silicone oil in the oil port every 5 fills. 

Here is my MAX pressure after 20-30 minutes and the LOAD is 14.5...should be about 25 if under pressure. 

20220428_174514.1651194545.jpg

I am airless again...it's only happened 12 times now. ...no...literally 12 times in a row the PCP compressor breaks. Including the $1400 Benjamin Recharge. I'm not spending $4k on a compressor. I would buy a $4k .22 firearm before I do that...and quit PCP of course. 

Am I missing something? I would love to fix it. Thanks -Nate 

Goop in the reed valve? Time to make a series of videos on how to fix that thing.

You may be better served by a $300 cheapo that you can consider disposable.

Thank you. Checking now. The $300 cheapos are the 11 I blew up that were not $1400. The answer to that is I don't want to buy another $300 one. But the reality is I will have to buy one as soon as I can come up with $300. How can you be poor when you get free guns you ask? I just bought this for $3050.00...so I have like $120 in my bank account. 

s-l1600.1651201242.jpg

don't start collecting slot machines...if you do, your PCP collection better watch it's a##. 

Have you tried the soapy water thing yet? Perhaps it’s leaking somewhere you haven’t thought of…

I almost did. I will try that now too. 

How many different compressors have you owned? I'm still using my original yong heng. I've made repairs to it that were due to my own ignorance, but it still does the job.

I have owned 12 compressors now. If I could repair a Yong Heng I would have owned 1. All my Yong Heng I think I blew up on my own...when you walk away and your hose pops out of the cooling bucket...or you just fall asleep and wake up 3 hours later to a running compressor. Recently I was buying the TUXING $300 YongHeng copies. Those I blew up 4-5 in a row. I even jacked Tuxing for one, mainly because they talked me into keeping one that leaked oil, and of course died soon after. TUXING actually calls you and bugs you to take some parts or a partial refund. Don't do it. I fell for it. The TUXING I would even run for only 20 minutes max...then come back later for another 20 minutes...still blew up. Now the last one I had TUXING is just frozen..it won't even turn over at all. No reason. I babied it for maybe 2 months. Made a special cart for it and everything. 

Did you make sure both bleed valves are closed?

Yes, The bottom Bleed valve shook open in the forest so I had to stop the ZEUS .72 video and go home...later I saw I could have tightened the bottom valve. They are both closed now. 

Soooooo… is it working now?

No. Thank you for asking though.

Goop in the reed valve? Time to make a series of videos on how to fix that thing.

There is no fixing that thing. I did check the bottom valve. Now we are officialy screwed. When I screwed it back in it got worse. We went from 14.5 to 10.6 LOAD. We want 25 LOAD. 

20220428_2030221.1651203695.jpg

20220428_2033391.1651203758.jpg

I am going to pass on the Soapy Water trick. I already know how this is going to end. I have to get the Evanix IBEX video done and potsed by 5pm tomarrow...so I don't have time to mess with this little guy. Really sad to not have air...I'm walking around in circles now aimlessly. DARN IT!!!!! and the IBEX was trying to get shot at a full 100 yards today...gotta put out a video now with maybe 10 shots in it. ...poor Evanix. They got screwed on the deal.

25 PCP rifles and no air...now that's funny!

Nate, do you really enjoy airgunning?

No, I hate it. I also hate airguns. Kinda funny that I play an airgun lover on TV. Don't believe everything you see. 

12 x $300 = $3600.

Hmmm?

I see what you mean.

What is sad is that I will probably have to spend $4K on a compressor. Time to get a real job I guess. That firewood you see im my videos is probably worth $4K (Maple)...so I guess next year I can buy a real compressor, but I'm going to have to skip that operation I wanted. 

Soooooo… is it working now?

No. Thank you for asking though.

There is no fixing that thing. I did check the bottom valve. Now we are officialy screwed. When I screwed it back in it got worse. We went from 14.5 to 10.6 LOAD. We want 25 LOAD. 

20220428_2030221.1651203695.jpg

20220428_2033391.1651203758.jpg

I am going to pass on the Soapy Water trick. I already know how this is going to end. I have to get the Evanix IBEX video done and potsed by 5pm tomarrow...so I don't have time to mess with this little guy. Really sad to not have air...I'm walking around in circles now aimlessly. DARN IT!!!!! and the IBEX was trying to get shot at a full 100 yards today...gotta put out a video now with maybe 10 shots in it. ...poor Evanix. They got screwed on the deal.

25 PCP rifles and no air...now that's funny!

Nate, do you really enjoy airgunning?

No, I hate it. I also hate airguns. 

It shows.

Trust me on this one.😉

Well, all I can add is I wish I lived closer. #1 we could get your review tanked up and done. #2 I could possibly fix that compressor or several others that didn't get in the trash yet.

And all that said, I don't run my compressor nearly as hard as you do. You make your living off of this and the tools take on a lot of work. My Benji fills a few times at the range, sits for a few weeks and repeat. Never need to run it more than 15 minutes and I have no schedule I need to meet. Even set it up with 18 volt tool batteries to use without power. But I bet it wouldn't last more than a few months for you.

If the shipping wasn't so much, I'd say send stuff up to me, but it just isn't worth the $60 one way because you are most of the way to another cheap GX compressor.

You could contact Umarex and see if they would send you a Ready Air, may not last but if you did a review it might be worth their time.

I might also suggest putting the white Delrin seal back in, and finding a large set screw or bolt that threads into the hole. No more easy drain function, but it might get you operational "quickly". Also that assumes the bottom drain was the issue.

One of the more expensive liquid cooled compressors that uses a radiator is probably a good choice, but I have no experience and can't really suggest one. The real Yong Heng seem to work for a good while, but if the cooling fails, you need a bunch of rebuild parts. Not sure if videos on how to fix this stuff would pay enough to be created, but maybe.

You mention 20 minute run time ? this type of compressor is designed to fill guns not tanks AND the manual clearly states excessive run times can damage compressor .

OK, I thought 20 minutes would be not excessive. I could do 10 minute run times. Do you think that would be OK? 

I realy want my Yong Heng to fill my SCBA tank...but maybe I should stop that. 

Ah, all is right in the world,

Warner has released a new darker grittier batman,

I forgot my lunch at home again today,

and Nate has blown up another compressor.

...so true...and on the subject of if I hate airguns. When you make something your job, of course it takes some of the fun out of it. If I didn't hate working, that would just be wierd.

...so all is right in the world. 

Lots of people use the Yong Heng to fill tanks of all sizes, so you should be good. Just need to keep the coolant working. And eventually they quit and need a rebuild, look at AEAC, how many times has he rebuilt his compressors.

Maybe they need a thermal cutoff, I'd have to think about how to make that, but shouldn't be too hard. I'd also build a radiator and fan for it, bucket of water with antifreeze doesn't seem like a good idea. And tap water doesn't seem like a good idea either.

For the little air cooled compressors, most say 15 minute run time followed by a 15 to 30 minute rest period. If I have AC power and will be right back for another fill, I let the fans keep running on my Benjamin to help cool it during the rest phase. The only part that used to get hot was the low pressure air line, and I fixed that, not sure why they say only 15 minutes.