Airgun Technologies This is why I like so much AGT rifles

AGT make solid, accurate and reliable rifles.

This group of 5 shots was made this morning at 88 yards with my Uragan .22 Cal and JSB 18.14 grain pellets.

The rifle is zeroed at 50 yards. So I need to compensate (not perfect reference in the reticle). That is the reason of variations in vertical axle.

Not perfect, but really good group for hunting purposes:

IMG_2779.jpeg

Last edited:
Fantastic groups @ 88yds there Emu with your AGT & 18gr! Very special.
Thanks Ranchibi, these rifles are really good.

It is difficult to say if this rifle is more accurate than a Red Wolf or a Panthera or a Sidewinder.

At some level, all are extremely good. We are fortunate that the Airgun industry has had the evolution we are enjoying.

I took my new (to me) .30 70mm Vulcan 3 out for sighting in over the weekend. I was sighting it in at 50 for some coon hunting and also had my RW HP 25. All I can say is that both guns are a lot better shots than me! What's nice is on both guns the hold over from 50 to 100 is very small. I was shooting 34gr FX out of the .25 and 50.1gr JSBs out of the Vulcan 3. For a non-chocked barrel, I was surprised at how well these grouped. I will be tuning the Vulcan 3 for slogs and longer distance pesting!

@Emu - it is nice to have choices! Looking forward to your Hunter Compact review! I may just have to wait for the new Evols to compliment my .15" 22

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I took my new (to me) .30 70mm Vulcan 3 out for sighting in over the weekend. I was sighting it in at 50 for some coon hunting and also had my RW HP 25. All I can say is that both guns are a lot better shots than me! What's nice is on both guns the hold over from 50 to 100 is very small. I was shooting 34gr FX out of the .25 and 50.1gr JSBs out of the Vulcan 3. For a non-chocked barrel, I was surprised at how well these grouped. I will be tuning the Vulcan 3 for slogs and longer distance pesting!

@Emu - it is nice to have choices! Looking forward to your Hunter Compact review! I may just have to wait for the new Evols to compliment my .15" 22
Thanks to the advice of a member of the forum In was able to improve a lot the feeling of the trigger of my Panthera Compact Hunter .25 Cal. I'm also just mounted on the Panthera what I think is my best scope.

As soon as there's no wind at all I will make some shooting with the Panthera at 80 yards and will share results.

The advantage of being retired is that I am able to invest time in experimental science. In specific: parabolic trajectories through a pneumatic energy source (better known as PCP''S).

I'm getting close at 69! It seems a few more turns of the clock and I will have more than enough PCP toys to last me a while! I work as a consultant so I try and take more time for "personal" things like PCP shooting and hunting. My latest purchase was one of the Heritage Arms Cold Shots and it arrives today! It's going on the Vulcan 3, Red Wolf .25 or the Huben .25 for +100 yard shooting! And the weather here is finally under 90 degrees!

I'm with you Emu, my U1 .30 has put lots of meat in the freezer
from deer and hogs in the last 3 years.
DW did a fine job of a power tune i must say.
and now i have the V3 .25 700mm and its a crow and critter getter way out past
100yrds with the zan's 38gr just like it came from the box.
i am a believer in the AGT line of airguns....... 🤘

A long time friend of mine, who never had a serious airgun, asked me to recommend him an airgun that he wouldn't have to touch or mess with, that had a high shot count and wasn't too long, and I told him to get the Uragan in .22 and if he didn't like it, I would buy it off of him. Almost two years later now and he still loves it. He actually had started with a better airgun than I had ever had, at the time. He is spoiled and doesn't even know it. You're right Emu, AGT is so good that I could confidently recommend it from all that I heard from experienced users, over time on this website. If he hadn't wanted a high shot count the Taipan Veteran would have been a contender too. I'm happy for your continued good fortune with AGT, and his.

Except for the mount coming loose after a couple years on my Uragan King it's been a very pleasing airgun. It shoots well and has been reliable.

My V3 is much the same except a monster at long range.

I'm not completely sold on how the barrel is holding the action together and worse that there are no witness marks when I went to put the barrel back into my King, which took 4 times for me to get the relationships correct, but I suppose everything has its faults.

I would like mags with much more capacity though.

Steve, could you please be more specific in regard of that sentence.

Your Vulcan 3 is more accurate at long distance than your Uragan...... Or what?

I would like to hear from your experience in the comparison of Uragan Vs. Vulcan 3.

Thanks!

Slightly difference purposes for each gun.

The King is in 25 cal and shoots both 34gr pellets at 910 fps and the NSA 29gr slugs at 925 fps well. It's a good all around airgun for bench or plinking and also does ok for out to 200Y with the slugs. Because it has two bottles I can shoot 9 magazines before I have to fill again which I like a lot. Plink and plink and plink.

My 25 cal V3 shows a little bit more precision than my Uragan King does but its tuned for more fpe with Altaros 49.5gr slugs going 916 fps and 60gr slugs going 862 fps for long range. These have very high BC's and it's amazing how well those slugs do at ELR distances. I have a Kitty Cat sized steel that is the shape of a Bobcat and its easy to hit it at 300Y.

However my V3 was tuned by Derrick at Tenacious Airguns so that might also be part of why it shoots so well.

Last edited:
When you start to stretch out a 18gr pellet over 75 yards, there is no need for excuses about groups. Not when they look like that. If we want tiny dime size groups all the time out around 100 yards without sorting, weighing and praying for not even a puff of wind, shoot a powder burner.
I am not a Pro, nor an EBR shooter.

I am just a hunter. So clearly, the credit is for the rifle, not for me!

I have both, my Vulcan 3 is a 22cal. and the Uragan 2 is in 25. cal. Iv had the Vulcan for a year or so and it still amazes me every time I shoot it. Its not pellet picky or even slug picky, and will shoot nice groups with most every thing. I use it for my long rang prairie dog gun and have killed them past 200 yards. I have not touched it its still just the way it came out of the box. Iv only had the Uragan for a couple of months, but so far its the same as the Vulcan. The big different is power the Uragan is a real power house and will put out 75ftlb using a 34gr pellet. It will shoot a 30gr slug averaging 1016 over ten shots and put them in a nice dime size group at 20 yards. And like the Vulcan its just the way it came out of the box. Both have 700mm unchoked CZ barrels.

I have both, my Vulcan 3 is a 22cal. and the Uragan 2 is in 25. cal. Iv had the Vulcan for a year or so and it still amazes me every time I shoot it. Its not pellet picky or even slug picky, and will shoot nice groups with most every thing. I use it for my long rang prairie dog gun and have killed them past 200 yards. I have not touched it its still just the way it came out of the box. Iv only had the Uragan for a couple of months, but so far its the same as the Vulcan. The big different is power the Uragan is a real power house and will put out 75ftlb using a 34gr pellet. It will shoot a 30gr slug averaging 1016 over ten shots and put them in a nice dime size group at 20 yards. And like the Vulcan its just the way it came out of the box. Both have 700mm unchoked CZ barrels.
@Potpie I was under the impression that the Vulcan was the powerhouse of the two. You’re saying it’s the Uragan?

Reactions: AKairgunner907