This is what happens when I self confine SMH

During this time of self confinement I found myself being bored but during this time I had come to find out something about myself. Every time I do most anything to my small air rifle collection I come to the forums for help, guidance, aide or whatever you call it. I don't know if I call it tinkering or just f**king up.

I have a gamo urban which is a better than "alright" pcp for someone who just started. I did have a Hammerli Pneuma in 22 before, but that only lasted a week. Thats another story for another time. Anyway, I like the urban now except for the nasty looking moderator on the end which leads me to this post.

I decided to cut it off without a plan on what to do after it. I honestly thought that it served no real purpose in noise dampening..boy was I wrong, lol. First it was a real PITA to remove. It took a dremel and some pliers but it is gone. After removal I took a shot and boy what a difference. I mean loud.

At first, before the full removal, I shot it without the "guts" and it was louder obviously than with them. I keep shaking my head while writing this and laughing at myself. Well with it removed, it was God awful ugly. I need to get it threaded so that I can hopefully add a moderator of some sort to it. I don't know the exact point of this post aside from suggesting to others to "have a plan". LOL!

Anyway I always find myself when I do something good, bad or just totally asinine that I come to the forums for praise, scolding or just good old fashioned help. So for what its worth, don't cut the pickle off your urban unless you have something to take its place.On a good note, my old lady got me a SCBA 75cu/ft tank, with fill station (hose and valve) with 12yrs left on it and it probably has been 3 weeks since I shot my prosport and boy oh boy, you would think by the looks of my groups that its my 1st time, wtf. It honestly feels like I have to learn her all over again. In my defense, I did start a new batch/lot of AA 8.4 diabolo's. I hope that that isn't the case

Access to a 3d printer and a piece of Ebay carbon fiber tube will make your Urban both shorter then stock and much quieter

1585409023_16126975e7f6bff10e1e9.93278203.jpg
1585409057_17587092325e7f6c21b217f3.63490569.jpg

Wow Rob! You did a great job on that. It looks really good. I’m impressed! 

I hope that you and your peoples are doing well through all this “stuff” that’s going on here at home and around the world. Be safe brother!

Thanks Brett - we are doing just fine. Being retired already does help.

i also know of a donnyfl adapter that slips over the barrel , but you need to measure your barrel outside diameter. . i think donny's go up to 16 mm slide it on tighten grub screw and now you have a 1/2 x 20 threaded end for and standard mod.

Not sure how well the DonnyFl will fit over the length of barrel that is "turned down". And if the barrel is cut, the screw on who have to be really skinny at the threads to fit over the air cylinder gauge (see my pic)

Note the cost involved in the adapter&mod (about $150 avg) vs the CF tube (about $16) and 3d printed parts (free using library 3D printer)

Bigtinboat please break it down for me please. I'll inbox you my info

I sent you PM and email with some info. I've got the stl files that I made for the parts and I think I can likely just email them to you if you have access to a printer. If not maybe someone on the board can print them for ya. With this shutdown my library is not open so I don't have access to print right now.