This is What a Scam Attempt Looks Like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I received this random message from an inactive member (less than 30 posts within 5 years). I don’t recall having ever interacted with this individual, a known springer tuner’s name was invoked, as well as an unsolicited offer to sell a gun I didn’t inquire about. I checked the known scammers list and the member feedback section and didn’t come up with anything on the sender which is why their name is scratched out. If you receive this sort of message be mindful that’s there’s a strong possibility it is a scam attempt. Stay vigilant folks. 

4F6148ED-3EFB-4C6F-857F-AB98F61FA338.1651702629.jpeg

This situation has been addressed. However awkward, I may have been correct, but I could have also been mistaken. Regardless of the fact, scams do indeed occur this way on AGN so I suggest that members use good discretion and reach out to other members and staff if in doubt about transactions or offers with unknown members presenting random offers. 

Today I received this random message from an inactive member (less than 30 posts within 5 years). I don’t recall having ever interacted with this individual, a known springer tuner’s name was invoked, as well as an unsolicited offer to sell a gun I didn’t inquire about. I checked the known scammers list and the member feedback section and didn’t come up with anything on the sender which is why their name is scratched out. If you receive this sort of message be mindful that’s there’s a strong possibility it is a scam attempt. Stay vigilant folks. 

4F6148ED-3EFB-4C6F-857F-AB98F61FA338.1651702629.jpeg

😂😂 and that leaves us curious to why he won’t list it on eBay? Suspect

Hello everyone.

I am Mike Ellingsworth and this post was brought to my attention.

Apparently a friend of mine who knew I listed a gamo magnum for sale was trying to help a air gunner who he thought was looking for a good 200.00 air rifle as well as help me move it to a good home. (I was not aware of this) He was just trying to be a nice guy but as you can see his efforts slid sideways LOL

Anyway Yes its always good to be aware of scammers, this one was a false alarm !

I'll re post the gammo magnum by now its way in the back pages 

Have a great day.👍

Reactions: doubloon
Status
Not open for further replies.