This is my most dreaded forum post.

Does this question get old? To be able to PM members in Classifieds?

• Yes

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Phew! Thank god, I dont buy or sell from this forum nor will I ever will. But at 60, I do ask stupid questions concerning PCPs now & then and will probably continue to do so. Cheers guys
At 60 one is suppose to have some wisdom, glad to see someone else failing that part.

Phew! Thank god, I dont buy or sell from this forum nor will I ever will. But at 60, I do ask stupid questions concerning PCPs now & then and will probably continue to do so. Cheers guys
I don’t think there are any stupid PCP questions. We are dealing with high pressure bombs. Everyone here knew nothing at one point and we can’t forget that. Frequently asked questions are just annoying. Not bad.

When I see repetitive posts in any forum, I usually reply with a post telling the new guy what terms to search in order to find the answer. I add that it's a really common question and that there's tons of info to read. That doesn't do anything to keep the next new guy from posting it though. It's part of being on public forums. Facebook groups are WAY worse in my opinion.
Joe

Maybe when you join the forum there’a box you must click in the middle of the rules (because no one reads the fine print) that says NO PM’s OR POSTING CLASSIFED TILL SATISFYING REQUIREMENTS. Then when you click it the PM/CLASSIFIED rule pops up a second time which requires another clicking the box. But I guess that would be catering to idiots. Or, and maybe this already happens, when you prematurely try to post, a pop up says PLEASE RE-READ THE RULES YOU AGREED TO FOLLOW WHEN JOINING FORUM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Septicdeath
I brand new here. When I go in the Classified section I see this message at the top. It definitely tells me what the rules are. I've got the minimum posts, but haven't reached the minimum length of time. They're pretty easy requirements.
Joe

noob.JPG

Hello all, new member here.

I became interested in PCP airguns because of the TV show American Air Gunner. Various Google searches over a period of time have led me multiple times to this Airgun Nation site. I have always found Airgun Nation to be a great learning resource and, like the TV show American Air Gunner, it strengthened my desire to purchase a PCP. Therefore, it was only a matter of time before the classified section caught my eye.

I can understand how membership tenure and minimum number of relevant post requirements can protect your members from fraudulent sellers. However, I can see no benefit to the same requirements being imposed upon a new member looking to purchase an item.

Reactions: Treefrog
Hello all, new member here.

I became interested in PCP airguns because of the TV show American Air Gunner. Various Google searches over a period of time have led me multiple times to this Airgun Nation site. I have always found Airgun Nation to be a great learning resource and, like the TV show American Air Gunner, it strengthened my desire to purchase a PCP. Therefore, it was only a matter of time before the classified section caught my eye.

I can understand how membership tenure and minimum number of relevant post requirements can protect your members from fraudulent sellers. However, I can see no benefit to the same requirements being imposed upon a new member looking to purchase an item.
The good news is AGN provides you plenty of vendors at the top of the page to click on as a new member. You can order whatever you want whenever you want. Payment will be safe and secure. No drama with shipping and returns. If the thrill of not knowing if you got a good deal or someone else’s problem is your thing, you should be able to start gambling in two weeks. That’s nothing.

As a long long time lurker I am glad that the rules are they way they are! It was what got me to finally sign up and participate, being a borderline hermit it is good for me ! Lol I can see it being frustrating to have money burning a hole in your pocket and finding a deal on what you have been looking for, but could also same time, money and hurt feelings! It isn't to hard to figure out the terms and understand why they are what they are!

....I can understand how membership tenure and minimum number of relevant post requirements can protect your members from fraudulent sellers. However, I can see no benefit to the same requirements being imposed upon a new member looking to purchase an item.

I've said before and I'll say it again now: "Buyers" can also be scammers. They can fleece legit sellers out of thousands. I will not detail the methods, but people can probably think them through on their own.

The rules are in place for good reasons....even though some people seem to not understand them.

• Love
Reactions: GenXer
Guys

If someone google searchs a particular airgun they are interested in buying the Airgun Nation classified ads will come up. To me it seems like a catch 22 gotcha game, Airgun Nation shows it for sale but you cannot buy it? Why show buyers what is for sale if they cannot buy it? Seems illogical to me. So why show people what they cannot buy? They cannot buy anything without waiting. The rule disenfranises sellers and buyers by excluding people and requiring a waiting period. It is a barrier to the free market hence unAmerican IMHO. Just like a gun control waiting laws, that make you wait. Members who support for more rules to control members must be voting for gun control laws too. I never bought or sold on Airgun Nation because of rules. Everyone loses out with the current rules it is a Lose lose buyers lose seller lose who wins?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Guys

If someone google searchs a particular airgun they are interested in buying the Airgun Nation classified ads will come up. To me it seems like a catch 22 gotcha game, Airgun Nation shows it for sale but you cannot buy it? Why show buyers what is for sale if they cannot buy it? Seems illogical to me. So why show people what they cannot buy? They cannot buy anything without waiting. The rule disenfranises sellers and buyers by excluding people and requiring a waiting period. It is a barrier to the free market hence unAmerican IMHO. Just like a gun control waiting laws, that make you wait. Members who support for more rules to control members must be voting for gun control laws too. I never bought or sold on Airgun Nation because of rules. Everyone lose out with the current rules it is a Lose lose buyers lose seller lose who wins?

You must be a blast at parties.

Excluding people and setting requirements for entry that every human can easily complete are two very different things, BTW. And take a few mins to look up what "free market" really means. Because it's obviously not what you think it is.

I've said before and I'll say it again now: "Buyers" can also be scammers. They can fleece legit sellers out of thousands. I will not detail the methods, but people can probably think them through on their own.

The rules are in place for good reasons....even though some people seem to not understand them.
The biggest scams going now are buyer scams. Hands down. I'm surprised more people haven't caught on to this.

Reactions: Spartan