This is my most dreaded forum post.

Does this question get old? To be able to PM members in Classifieds?

• Yes

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It only bothers me because the solution is so easy I don't see why they ask the question. There has to be a thread containing information they are interested in. So write a few comments. Or start a thread by asking a question you need the answer to. If they haven't posted 10 times how can they not have any questions? If they already know everything why can't they share a little of what they know? I just don't understand why making a purchase is the absolute first thing they need to do.

Maybe it related to the age... In my age (40) i get used to read the forum rule first, because in my Youth the social media didn't too hype like now... Not all Generation like to involved in forums online... Like my son (15) always play online gaming or watching Tiktok in the weekend till i drag him to the forest to hunt together or go to the shooting Range... (Sorry if my english is not good enough but i hope you guys understand what i'm talking about)

Thus to me is the most irritating post we get on AGN
It’s very irritating IMO since my thinking is that if the folks asking, searched the forums, they will see that the question has been asked dozens of times. I’m inclined to believe that if some of these folks saw how many times threads asking about PMs (concerning the classifieds) appear in a simple AGN search that they may be irritated by the thought of reading through so many posts asking the same question.

Cant you all wait till the day someone posts something like this-
“I could care less about the classifieds, as I already bought my stuff! I’m here to learn! School me! Pcp 101 class has started, tell me what I need to know to enjoy this hobby to it’s fullest!”
And out of that class is the guy that tries to sit next to the smartest kid in the class on test day. He may ask something like, “I just got .22 FX Impact M3. What’s the best slug? What’s you regulator set at? What did you set your micro and macro wheels at? What hammer spring adjustment is best? I want to shoot prairie dogs at 150 yards.”

Yea, I’m mocking some folks, BUT I’ve never set eyes on an Impact, nor shot one, yet I’ve seen enough posts to have some sort of idea what you have to do to tune one. How’s that? Because of those types of questions.

Last edited:
This forum Is really lax on who san sell here. Other forums I am on have a lot "tougher" One for example..... !00 meaningful Posts and don't matter how long you been there. I wouldn't be able to sell if that were the rules here.LOL Not that I am selling anything.

Repeat questions bug the crap out of me. A great search tool can help a lot wit that.

I Do wish they would separate the want to buy and want to sell!!!!!! would make things I am looking to buy easer to find...because sometimes you don't know what you want to buy until you see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Septicdeath
And out of that class is the guy that tries to sit next to the smartest kid in the class on test day. He may ask something like, “I just got .22 FX Impact M3. What’s the best slug? What’s you regulator set at? What did you set your micro and macro wheels at? What hammer spring adjustment is best? I want to shoot prairie dogs at 150 yards.”

Yea, I’m mocking some folks, BUT I’ve never set eyes on an Impact, nor shot one, yet I’ve seen enough posts to have some sort of idea what you have to do to tune one. How’s that? Because of those types of questions.
When I joined I didn't even know there were classifieds. I just wanted to be in a group with the same interests as mine.

Reactions: Ezana4CE
When I joined I didn't even know there were classifieds. I just wanted to be in a group with the same interests as mine.
Same here. It took forever for me to bravely risk purchasing something from the classifieds. I understand that some people are just dumb. And others are smart enough to think they will rely on credit card protection. Personally I dread the hassle of a jacked up purchase. To hop on here clueless about members and immediately buy a PCP, the gun most likely hacked up by an owner, mystifies me.

This! ^

The rep working for the vendor I bought my first PCP from recommended this site so that I could learn more about PCPs. I already had a gun before joining.

Reactions: Septicdeath
There should be a big banner at the top of the classifieds page that reads something to the effect of:

Airgun Nation is not a public online marketplace for airguns.
Airgun Nation is a forum for members to discuss airguns and share their airgun experiences.
Airgun Nation also happens to have a classifieds section for members to trade airguns and airgun parts among themselves.
Ensure you understand these concepts before proceeding.

Maybe that would help them realize that AGN isn't their own personal instant gratification marketplace to hawk their junk.

Reactions: SteveV and john8
Signed up for an account in 2015 and and I can't even say I was a lurker. Life just got busy around then. I'm a little shocked my account is still active!

I love forum based classifieds because of rules like these-- and the ability to see feedback and past posts/history. I bought my first PCP off airguns.net (Benjamin Discovery with BNM repeater back when that was cool) and I don't know if I'd do it again.

There should be a big banner at the top of the classifieds page that reads something to the effect of:

Airgun Nation is not a public online marketplace for airguns.
Airgun Nation is a forum for members to discuss airguns and share their airgun experiences.
Airgun Nation also happens to have a classifieds section for members to trade airguns and airgun parts among themselves.
Ensure you understand these concepts before proceeding.

Maybe that would help them realize that AGN isn't their own personal instant gratification marketplace to hawk their junk.
A awesome idea. I hope the AGN staff sees this.

Same here. It took forever for me to bravely risk purchasing something from the classifieds. I understand that some people are just dumb. And others are smart enough to think they will rely on credit card protection. Personally I dread the hassle of a jacked up purchase. To hop on here clueless about members and immediately buy a PCP, the gun most likely hacked up by an owner, mystifies me.
Hi, I am one of those dumb people. But don’t think seller reputation means you are getting what is advertised. Purchased a Leshiy 2 from someone with a known rep, but it required four parts to be changed so that it would properly index (incremental improvements with each out of spec part that was replaced). 0% chance the owner didn’t know, but people are people and my experience is anecdotal.

Edit: to clarify the seller had 40+ positive transactions and was selling for a friend / known figure in the airgun industry.

Last edited:
Hi, I am one of those dumb people. But don’t think seller reputation means you are getting what is advertised. Purchased a Leshiy 2 from someone with a known rep, but it required four parts to be changed so that it would properly index (incremental improvements with each out of spec part that was replaced). 0% chance the owner didn’t know, but people are people and my experience is anecdotal.
Yep.