This is going too far. Airgun nightmare.

So sitting eating breakfast and I recall some of my dreams from last night. Melatonin is no joke hahah

It was losing the safety ball bearing of my crosman 1322 in deep pile carpet over and over again. If anyone has had one ping across the room they will know that nothing is capable of inducing such anxiety than this.

Screenshot_20221226_081443.jpg

I'd find it then drop it then find bearings that were way too big and drop them.

Maybe I need to step back for a while.and focus on something else o_O🤯

I think the silicone grease is superior to superglue because of the motion of the spring and ball bearing. Damn that thing is small. The stickier the silicone the better. Maybe even moly that damn thing.

I learned a life lesson a few years ago on a spring from a Powder Burner that Shall Not Be Named. The part hit my bench top and landed two feet away! Took a long time to find THAT bastard. Use a thick white bath towel to work on top of the bench. Parts hit the soft cloth and stop. Beats spending an hour looking for a damn spring. :mad:

If you use a strong magnet...put the magnet in a plastic baggie or paper sack before you find the part!
If you have to remove a small spring clip, it also helps to do that operation inside a large baggie or paper bag, too. Years of R/C models and many re-builds taught me a few lessons that carry over to Airguns :)

And this is precisely why you shouldn't buy deep pile / shag rugs!!!

I've lost several items in them including the torx bolts on some Leupold scope rings...luckily they sent me a few spare at no charge.

Say no to shag rugs...
The irony is, my house is completely tile 😱

If you use a strong magnet...put the magnet in a plastic baggie or paper sack before you find the part!
If you have to remove a small spring clip, it also helps to do that operation inside a large baggie or paper bag, too. Years of R/C models and many re-builds taught me a few lessons that carry over to Airguns :)
I've also been into RC for many years. I'm an arrma guy. Have a 100mph + typhon and a kraton fully built. Both 6s :devilish:

Great that everyone has suggestions for not losing the ball, but I don't believe that is what the post is about. He flat out stated "DREAMING" about losing the ball. Or more specifically his nightmare of losing it.
Yep, melatonin does have a few effects. Me personally, I like a fine alcoholic sleeping aid. I find one or two prior to bedtime puts me in a fine relaxed state.
And yep, the OP is spending too much time at the workbench and not enough time at the shooting bench.

Tiny balls, springs, clips, microscopic screws. Lost them all. Sometimes I've spent more time looking for a dropped part than actually doing the repair. Sometimes it's because the part fell on the floor, other times it's just because I've got much crap on my desk and the part got mixed it with other things.

I can only imagine the torture dreaming about losing then finding then losing one of those parts over and over again would bring.

I think the silicone grease is superior to superglue because of the motion of the spring and ball bearing. Damn that thing is small. The stickier the silicone the better. Maybe even moly that damn thing.

I learned a life lesson a few years ago on a spring from a Powder Burner that Shall Not Be Named. The part hit my bench top and landed two feet away! Took a long time to find THAT bastard. Use a thick white bath towel to work on top of the bench. Parts hit the soft cloth and stop. Beats spending an hour looking for a damn spring. :mad:
It's just a gliding motion, so permanently bonding them together is better.

Yes, I've tried both.

Years ago, a machinist made me 2 close tolerance safeties in SS and brass, and I honestly dunno if it had something to do with the flat spots or whatever 'cuz it made my Crosmans forego the spring and ball.

Great fit with no play at all in FIRE or NO FIRE mode.