This is called a "Shadow Ban" on Youtube

Indeed.

IMO sharing videos like that are not that needed for me anymore, i can easy send my M8 a DL link to a 5 - 10 GB download of a video, and with gbit internet he would DL it easy

The problem then is to find a Host that can match our DL / UL speeds.

I have never put any video up to get views from strangers, actually i have no idea why i have made most of my old videos public as really most times they are not for sharing that way. But i have learned to have my "private" videos unlisted now, same go for the site which i share pictures thru i have 20 public pictures and 200 unlisted ones you would need a link to see.

I could also just put my video on my phone or a USB thumb drive, and then connect that to my friends PC to share a video with him, and i also think that will be the most used format in the future.

I am going to make a airgunning YT channel, but you will not get to see my ugly face on it, at least i will try to spare you that trauma.

Reactions: Treefrog
Nate I guess if you want to do it for the cash then change up your format. Few of the 100s of Airgun channels make money off their endeavors along with millions of other ppl doing it. You probably have a better shot of winning the lottery and earning a living or covering your expenses from being a YouTuber. 
There are a couple of YouTubers I can watch in cars, Joe Achilles, Petrol Ped, and Stefatv. Joe makes a living and the others get their income supplemented.

Joe’s been on YouTube for almost 6 years. He is a great guy who up until this last year has struggled. He is constantly says it is not him that allows him to do what he does, it is the loyalty of his followers. Now he gets Audis BMWs and etc cars to review and can be brutally honest, about what he doesn’t like on $100,000 plus Audi S7 which I’m sure can hurt Audi sales of the car in the UK, his following is that strong and the honesty is what he thrives on and makes ppl loyal to him thus this gives him the following over the years. Also Joe is very engaged with his viewers in the comments section, which I have personally experienced. Two and half years ago I found Joe’s channel while recovering from a major surgery and I said how great it was watching his videos and the cars while I recovered, Joe wrote me back and wrote a long reply thanking me for watching etc and for a speedy recovery and invite to come drive in UK with him one day. 

Andy has done his thing for a long time and stays neutral and only reviews what he wants. He gives straightforward reviews and no I don’t always agree with what he says and regardless where it is I don’t I’ll say so. He is very engaged with his viewers in the comment, as mentioned above with Joe. All of these things help the money come in because of the engagement factors etc. or so I’m told. 

@douger you really to get 1500 followers and then start to get lots of views. It’s a complex formula. Most people I know make less than $50 - $100 per month for 40 hours of work between filming, editing and posting. I’ve done my own channel for travel vlogging and made nothing. I figure for a 10 min I put in 10 to 15 hours of work 

I look at YouTube channels this way like I was taught in buying a pure breed hunting dog. You can almost never trust thus never buy it from a dog breeder that is trying to make their living off breeding and selling dogs. The person who told me the former was Moria Jewell of the Parkburn Kennel in Canada. Moira reintroduced the breed in the country, was a legend in the breed and had only triple champion in the history of the breed, which means a title in confirmation, hunting, and agility. 

There are always exceptions but those that do it for the passion and joy of the sport are usually the ones you can trust the most. 

Reactions: Ezana4CE
444444444.1634642216.JPG

Check out these A-Holes at Youtube. I woke up this morning to find my new AEA video has been determined to be "advertiser friendly"...and then look at the graph! That video is going straight to the moon. ..WTF! 

hhhhh.1634643499.JPG

Meanwhile videos like the Steyr (40k views in 2 days...then 1000 views over the next 365 days) and the RAW Chassis Gun (30k views in 3 days, then shut down to 0). I thought the algorithm knew how many people wanted to see the RAW video before I made it..so 34k people watched it in 3 days and that was it. Gotta love A.I....but the video had been cut off by Youtube. I wonder what would happen if I re-released the Steyr video...I wonder if they would treat is as a new video or penalize me. We will see. I hope you guys will excuse a few re-uploads.

Captures.1634469317.JPG

Thanks for sharing Nate. I had no idea the money that could be made youtubing. Wow!

Let's be clear though...no money to be made doing gun videos.

Here are example of channels that make money:

I will do one of these style channels..or the news

WATOP Thougty2 Top10's Be Amazed Mind Wharehouse The Dodo Casual Geographic The Quartering Daily Dose of Internet Vlog Creations

Just click onto the ABOUT page to see how many views a channel has. I have 7 million views on Airgun Channel. Some of these channels have billions of views. 

1 million views = $6000 ...you do the math, these people are super rich. 

P.S. My video just says $.57 cents because I chose only 1 ad once the video is over. Only a small percentage of people make it all the way to the end (you guys). It lets you choose as many ads as you want. 

Anyone who pays attention to politics has seen this happen to EVERY SINGLE conservative youtube channel that exists!! Youtube (which is google) does this, as well as FB/IG (probably the worse offended of shadow banning) Twitter just kicks off their platform.....they all have a very obvious agenda! Control what the public sees and hears to push their very warped values!! 

These are UNELECTED business owners that are doing everything in their power to suppress free speech and push the left wing narrative....and guns (anti 2nd amendment) is without a doubt part of that agenda!! 

I feel terrible for you. Your hobby happens to be on the wrong side our of billionaire ruling class. 

It's completely unfair but you have nobody to complain to. But thankfully, the people here in the US are onto what's going on now (thanks in large part to President Trump, love or or hate him he shined a bright light on the corrupt MSM and social media companies) so in 2022 and 2024 we are going to win major elections and either destroy these companies, break up their corrupt monopolies or put serious restrictions on them.

Hang tight!! 

so how exacly do you get paid gotta pay for a account please explain

To get paid for ads you just need over 1000 subscribers and a Google Adsence account. Everything else is done automaticly buy Youtube. If a video is over 10 minutes long you can do mid-roll ads and that will double what you make. 

so how exacly do you get paid gotta pay for a account please explain

I was not smart but here is what I SHOULD HAVE DONE from the begining, but didn't do. I am basicly a "hobby" channel. So any Hobby channel person can sustain themselves with just "1000 true fans" ..if you do it right. When you start you should have:

1) Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Tik-Tok, Patroen: everything you do goes on all 6 places. It's not 6X the work. It's maybe 5 extra minutes after your Youtube Video is done...also start a Podcast. I would have 6X the following (probably more) if I had done this. 

2) Have merchandise, T-shirts, Mugs, etc. / Have a websight where you sell hobby related gear. Imagine if I had been selling scope bubble levels and foster fitting nipples this whole time for 3 years, I would have made a ton of money. Those are things I can buy at retail and still mark up a bit and sell. 

If someone did this stuff they could quit thier job in a year off a channel about cupcakes. The first 1000 subs is hard, the first 5000 is not easy, after 5000 your on your way. Also posting regularly is key. And quality content is key. Post once a week, or once a month, just keep it consistent. Also watch time is calculated...so if you can make a video people watch most the way, you will do really well. 

Quality content: I don't want to give you a headache, but this guy has done 6-10 videos in his life. He put a Patreon with only 1 tier. It's $1 a month. You can't pay more or less. ...so 35,000 people give him $1 a month. He is making $35k a month because his content is so good...and that is off Patreon...not Youtube. off just the 10 videos he ever made. 

https://www.youtube.com/c/JCSCriminalPsychology

---darn, tried to get a screenshot of his 35k subs on Patreon but he changed it so you can't see the number anymore (smart) and now I guess he charges $5...but he realy did get to 35,000 Patreons at $1 a month...I swear! I saw it and showed it to people many times. 

Trying to stick to airguns but if your thinking of trying to quit your job in 1-2 years: this video may help you decide. I only watched about the first 20 minutes but it's good advice. 

https://youtu.be/u4taz6dfPQc

I've been sharing all this info with you guys in the hopes that just one of you will actually do it. Good luck! 

To get paid for ads you just need over 1000 subscribers and a Google Adsence account. Everything else is done automaticly buy Youtube. If a video is over 10 minutes long you can do mid-roll ads and that will double what you make.

I was not smart but here is what I SHOULD HAVE DONE from the begining, but didn't do. I am basicly a "hobby" channel. So any Hobby channel person can sustain themselves with just "1000 true fans" ..if you do it right. When you start you should have:

1) Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram, Tik-Tok, Patroen: everything you do goes on all 6 places. It's not 6X the work. It's maybe 5 extra minutes after your Youtube Video is done...also start a Podcast. I would have 6X the following (probably more) if I had done this.

2) Have merchandise, T-shirts, Mugs, etc. / Have a websight where you sell hobby related gear. Imagine if I had been selling scope bubble levels and foster fitting nipples this whole time for 3 years, I would have made a ton of money. Those are things I can buy at retail and still mark up a bit and sell.

If someone did this stuff they could quit thier job in a year off a channel about cupcakes. The first 1000 subs is hard, the first 5000 is not easy, after 5000 your on your way. Also posting regularly is key. And quality content is key. Post once a week, or once a month, just keep it consistent. Also watch time is calculated...so if you can make a video people watch most the way, you will do really well.

Quality content: I don't want to give you a headache, but this guy has done 6-10 videos in his life. He put a Patreon with only 1 tier. It's $1 a month. You can't pay more or less. ...so 35,000 people give him $1 a month. He is making $35k a month because his content is so good...and that is off Patreon...not Youtube. off just the 10 videos he ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JCSCriminalPsychology

---darn, tried to get a screenshot of his 35k subs on Patreon but he changed it so you can't see the number anymore (smart) and now I guess he charges $5...but he realy did get to 35,000 Patreons at $1 a month...I swear! I saw it and showed it to people many times.

Trying to stick to airguns but if your thinking of trying to quit your job in 1-2 years: this video may help you decide. I only watched about the first 20 minutes but it's good advice.

I've been sharing all this info with you guys in the hopes that just one of you will actually do it. Good luck!
Few years late to the party, but this info is gold. I'm hoping to someday reach that 1k subscriber mark. In the meantime, I was going to be shooting anyways, might as well film it and upload the content. 👍

Reactions: HogKiller
Some very stable and steady growing channels are farming related. Check out Millennial Farmer, Larson Farms, Cole the Cornstar, and Brians Family Farm.

Don't forget Laura Farms, This Farm WIfe and Squatch253. All good family values content. I'm surprised that they're not banned for it.

Rumble has a lot of good content. It's a good alternative to the evil that YT offers.

J~

Hey guys, I'm not complaining or looking for sympathy. I just thought some of you might find this interesting:

I never monetized my channel. Then I had a video on the M3 tune that got about 170K views in like just over a month. Then I had a $92 Crosman Freestyle video. I was thinking "I just wasted 3 days. Oh well" , then it got 12k views a day for a week. At 78k views it went from 12k views a day to 100-200 views per day. Check out the graph. When the line goes flat: that means your getting about 0 views.

View attachment 178421

so for 10K views it's about $80-100 in ad revenue. So I would have earned $600 off that $92 gun video. They demonetized it because it "Discusses Real or Fake Guns". So they give me .11 cents instead of $600...which is bad, but then they shut the video down on top of it, so I can't even get views or subscribers off it.

Same thing with the M3 video. They flatlined it at 179k views. Check out the graph.

View attachment 178426

1 million views gets you $6,000 in ad revenue. So that video would have made $1200. at least I did make .10 cents off it. Also I gained 1.1k subscribers...until they brought my views from 3K to 25 per day.

This Steyr video was never attemped to be monetized but this just hurts! This video would have gone straight to 1 million. This Steyr graph is so sad...for everyone involved.

View attachment 178430

But they let AAR be monetized. So his Vixen video gets 100k views in the first week...with commercials of course. Mine gets 17k views over 6 months. His HD68 video gets 262k views, mine got 6.5k in a couple days, then it was cut off. I have the HDR .50 sitting here...but is it worth the effort for 6k views? for 1.4 million views it would. Check this dude out!

View attachment 178444

I watched AAR go from 60k subscribers to 100k off this one video (the 1.9 million one). With the other 2 videos it went to 145k subs. All monetized. You get to talk to someone at Youtube when you get to 100k subscribers. I guess that's when you can bring up that issue. Just 3 more years! Hooray!

I know the answer is "Youtube is corrupt and they are driven by greed, not fairness." It's just lame. That's all. Time to get a real job! (Making cat videos).

...just kidding. I will keep making airgun videos...don't worry. I can't be stopped.

Happy shooting! -Nate @ Airgun Channel

P.S. Don't talk about the subject of AAR's videos above. That can get you kicked off the forum...no warnings. It's a big NO-NO on AGN.
I switched to Rumble.com I post everything there with no issue. There they don't shadow ban like the evil hell bound Youtube. A corrupt and evil platform that I do not support or partake in -

Reactions: Treefrog