This is called a "Shadow Ban" on Youtube

Hey guys, I'm not complaining or looking for sympathy. I just thought some of you might find this interesting:

I never monetized my channel. Then I had a video on the M3 tune that got about 170K views in like just over a month. Then I had a $92 Crosman Freestyle video. I was thinking "I just wasted 3 days. Oh well" , then it got 12k views a day for a week. At 78k views it went from 12k views a day to 100-200 views per day. Check out the graph. When the line goes flat: that means your getting about 0 views. 

Capture.1634466759.JPG

so for 10K views it's about $80-100 in ad revenue. So I would have earned $600 off that $92 gun video. They demonetized it because it "Discusses Real or Fake Guns". So they give me .11 cents instead of $600...which is bad, but then they shut the video down on top of it, so I can't even get views or subscribers off it. 

Same thing with the M3 video. They flatlined it at 179k views. Check out the graph. 

Capture2.1634467072.JPG

1 million views gets you $6,000 in ad revenue. So that video would have made $1200. at least I did make .10 cents off it. Also I gained 1.1k subscribers...until they brought my views from 3K to 25 per day. 

This Steyr video was never attemped to be monetized but this just hurts! This video would have gone straight to 1 million. This Steyr graph is so sad...for everyone involved.

Captures.1634469317.JPG

But they let AAR be monetized. So his Vixen video gets 100k views in the first week...with commercials of course. Mine gets 17k views over 6 months. His HD68 video gets 262k views, mine got 6.5k in a couple days, then it was cut off. I have the HDR .50 sitting here...but is it worth the effort for 6k views? for 1.4 million views it would. Check this dude out! 

55.1634470010.jpg

I watched AAR go from 60k subscribers to 100k off this one video (the 1.9 million one). With the other 2 videos it went to 145k subs. All monetized. You get to talk to someone at Youtube when you get to 100k subscribers. I guess that's when you can bring up that issue. Just 3 more years! Hooray! 

I know the answer is "Youtube is corrupt and they are driven by greed, not fairness." It's just lame. That's all. Time to get a real job! (Making cat videos). 

...just kidding. I will keep making airgun videos...don't worry. I can't be stopped. 

Happy shooting! -Nate @ Airgun Channel 

P.S. Don't talk about the subject of AAR's videos above. That can get you kicked off the forum...no warnings. It's a big NO-NO on AGN. 

I always wondered how much guys were making off of views.

Yeah...many creators get 1-3 million views on all thier videos...but they do videos on interesting things like science, arts and crafts, current events, famous people, news stories,or animals, etc. So I already decided I'm going into that. How can I turn down $18k a week? Seriously. I'm not even joking.

Getting millions of views on a channel is good but I have identified 2 types of channels that get billions of views. News and Animals. I have seen a few True Crime kids go from 0 - 1 million subs in a year...but I don't want to spend all day on Crime. Many channels just exploded with the pandemic...you can guess why. Everyone was at home watching Youtube. 

It took me about 3 years to figure all this out. 

That's crazy. It might take some planning and release of specific content to get the numbers rolling. Like M3 or some other new release hot topic equipment. Instead of everything in one video, doing two 15min video and break up content. Using some youtube tricks to get view and subscribers, like finding brands to do giveaways.The core, like members here on AGN, will be a slow trickle. I think if you hit it hard from now until thanksgiving and you could get a spike. Your brand is great and refined, now its finding the things to pour gas on it.

I think it takes a lot of forethought to plan and release content also. I'm sure there are more people looking for IR and NVG related stuff in the darker months, so plan on that stuff released while people are looking at it.

There are major drawbacks with these social media platforms, on facebook you have 2 - 3000 Names ASO you can not write there, and how these have been selected can seem very random, as there are other just as bad persons / ideologies / whatever out there that have no problems.

There is no doubt the owners of these platforms have a political and or personal agenda

There is also no doubt that i will for ever defend any person right to choose what he / she will allow on their platform / or property / whatever

I am also very much for freedom of speech, which my country fortunately have, but i must admit i see no reasons why for instance Nazis should enjoy what their role models was so much against. But at least we dont have a "BEEP" when someone say the "F" word on TV.

Yotube have never banned or warned me in any way, but it very often happen i get a post deleted in some channels, in some cases a couple of random lines from a fairy tale that i an sure do not violate youtube user guidelines,,,,, and this greatly offend me, cuz then it is personal.

I am in the process of setting up several ghost YT accounts, mainly to be able to comment some places, but also for sharing of videos in public, and then i will keep one where i share unlisted videos with friends. My current YT channel that have been there since day #1 + the associated G mail account will get deleted, and all future youtube connections will be made thru VPN, and then they are welcome to try and mine all that for any useful info.

I am also going to request google forget me, cuz they do know me as my name ASO have been used on my old G mail account.

Reactions: Treefrog
I always wondered how much guys were making off of views.

Yeah...many creators get 1-3 million views on all thier videos...but they do videos on interesting things like science, arts and crafts, current events, famous people, news stories,or animals, etc. So I already decided I'm going into that. How can I turn down $18k a week? Seriously. I'm not even joking.

Getting millions of views on a channel is good but I have identified 2 types of channels that get billions of views. News and Animals. I have seen a few True Crime kids go from 0 - 1 million subs in a year...but I don't want to spend all day on Crime. Many channels just exploded with the pandemic...you can guess why. Everyone was at home watching Youtube. 

It took me about 3 years to figure all this out.

Some very stable and steady growing channels are farming related. Check out Millennial Farmer, Larson Farms, Cole the Cornstar, and Brians Family Farm.

Reactions: Treefrog
I didn't realize they were demonetizing videos that aren't actual firearms. Does that mean all of the airsoft and paintball videos are going to be demonetized also?

The official policy is that no guns are monetized...for a long time...but they monetize any firearms, airsoft, or airgun channel they want to...so they monetize some and then make the other half (or 90%) follow the rules. 

Here are the rules...but all categories of guns have fully monetized channels. 

11.1634478517.JPG

then

13.1634478540.JPG

my point is it's not a new thing...and it probably won't stop ever.

They probably think Bug-a-Boo is a minor. He's not, he just looks young. BB-8 is technicly a minor...but not in robot years!

66.1634479292.JPG

https://youtu.be/iR0szhvd3QU

Capture3.1634479309.JPG

Nate, ditch the toys and gadgets. Replace them very nice looking young ladies and watch the boost.

My channel started as a girls and guns channel...but Micheal told me about 3 videos in: "That may be good for Youtube views, but that's not what we are about here." Those were pretty much his exact words. 

So I basicly took the AEAC checklist and eventually worked my way to being "Mr. Serious" airgun reviewer. I don't even really make jokes anymore. Thank God for Bug-a-Boo to at least throw in a "Hell Yeah!" once in a while. 

maxresdefault.1634496009.jpg

Reactions: DirtBikeMike07