This is America

I wish ALL dealers would put as detail descriptions as PYRAMID!
This is America, quit hiding behind the kg. If the dang thing is 9 lbs, say so!
Do you think 3.6 kg is fooling anyone? You put the length in inches.
Made foreign, so what! We can't handle these airguns.
FULL DISCLOSURE is what I say! (Raspberries) .

I wish ALL dealers would put as detail descriptions as PYRAMID!
This is America, quit hiding behind the kg. If the dang thing is 9 lbs, say so!
Do you think 3.6 kg is fooling anyone? You put the length in inches.
Made foreign, so what! We can't handle these airguns.
FULL DISCLOSURE is what I say! (Raspberries) .
3.6kg is 8lb but I changed the description sorry it disturbed you that much.....

any one remember an old movie staring Gary Cooper ? title was "The Ugly American "
The movie was about Americans in Paris that complained about Things not being like in America . Table settings where the silverware was backwards .
just a memory is all thanks
BUT i agree Advertisement in America should be American . Advertisements from metric country's are ok in metric .

Last edited:
I just checked. It took me 30 seconds to find a kg-to-lb converter, and solve for this conversion. At one time there was serious discussion of the US converting to metric. Personally, I wish we had, as it's really a simple and precise system. But, in the big picture, I guess it ain't such a big deal.

Precise...it's NOT any more precise than Imperial Units. Just written different. How many decimal points to the right...that's ALL.

And as for your 30 seconds...that's 30 wasted every time you "have" to look up a converter and change the values. 30 second time periods add up. Time I'll (we'll) never get back.

Yeah, I HAD to buy metric tools back when I bought my first motorcycle, just because it wasn't a Harley. Give me a "Sport Bike" every time, but it's been since 1985, and I still prefer the American way of measuring.

Mike

Precise...it's NOT any more precise than Imperial Units. Just written different. How many decimal points to the right...that's ALL.

And as for your 30 seconds...that's 30 wasted every time you "have" to look up a converter and change the values. 30 second time periods add up. Time I'll (we'll) never get back.

Yeah, I HAD to buy metric tools back when I bought my first motorcycle, just because it wasn't a Harley. Give me a "Sport Bike" every time, but it's been since 1985, and I still prefer the American way of measuring.

Mike
Yeah, if I had to look up the conversions constantly, it would get old. I don't know your general use, but I doubt if this conversion is something I do more than 2 or 3 times a month. I'm retired, I can waste a couple minutes a month. But, the point is taken that there need be no necessity to do so. A US company selling to a largely US market could do this small service for their customers.

Reactions: douger
Here is a graphic just for fun (I personally am comfortable switching back-and-forth no big deal).

Two systems compared. I think the only way to like the one on the left is if you were born into it and conditioned since birth or something, as I was.

77CB2F51-573F-44B8-9E03-7CAE75A00E2F.jpeg

Here’s another version:

Attachments

• A614888C-00AF-479C-B201-1D2E58DB8FA1.jpeg
    A614888C-00AF-479C-B201-1D2E58DB8FA1.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 16
Here is a graphic just for fun (I personally am comfortable switching back-and-forth no big deal).

Two systems compared. I think the only way to like the one on the left is if you were born into it and conditioned since birth or something, as I was.

View attachment 277052

Here’s another version:

Amen!!! America needs to eventually get out of dark colonial age and join rest of the world to modern day math. Who da F*&$ can do any the dumb a$$ conversations in SAE system? We are making our kids dumbest in the world by making it impossible to do simple math with ridiculous conversation! how many Oz is in a ton? How many inches in a mile? How many MOA is a 6 foot tall person at a mile????

Why was the complicated multi conversation came to be to begin with? So the rich/powerful can scam the poor/illiterate peasants who can't do conversion! Does any one still remember the conversion rates for British money before then went to 10 to 1? NONE of the conversion BS got there by accident!!!

Last edited:
Just FYI I meant it lightheartedly. I don’t have anything against either system but I love the middle finger graphic…

“So the rich/powerful can scam the poor/illiterate peasants who can't do conversion!”

That’s an interesting thought. Looking at grocery shelves I can definitely see stuff being packaged up to take advantage of people who aren’t paying attention to units.

Reactions: qball
I just checked. It took me 30 seconds to find a kg-to-lb converter, and solve for this conversion. At one time there was serious discussion of the US converting to metric. Personally, I wish we had, as it's really a simple and precise system. But, in the big picture, I guess it ain't such a big deal.
That was Ronald Reagan that killed metric adoption in the good ol’ U.S. of A.
Bless his heart, I miss his leadership every day.
Randy

“So the rich/powerful can scam the poor/illiterate peasants who can't do conversion!”

That’s an interesting thought. Looking at grocery shelves I can definitely see stuff being packaged up to take advantage of people who aren’t paying attention to units.

Yup! 12 oz drink has 38 grams of sugar............WTF?!?!?!?!

1658332041327.png

Last edited:
There is a old Danish volume measurement unit called "pot", just go to show how messed up we was coming out of our period of glory, which was the viking age.
A pot = 1/32 cubic foot or 0.966 Liter
For the more thirsty type there was the " Bimpel" one Bimpel = 20 pot / 19.32 Liter.
For the light drinker there is pægl / that pronouncer just like pole ( pæl ) in Danish, you might think this is a lot but 1 pægl / pole = 1/4 pot / 0.24 Liter

The measurement "Barrel" well we also used that, but several of them, depending if it was beer / wine / pickled herring / whatever.

I know it is a French thing, and trust me Danes have little Luck siding with the French, but this one the metric system, well the frog eaters hit that one out of the park, or in Euro lingo, the French kicked that one out of the soccer stadium.

Reactions: SorenDrost