• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

This is a VITAL thread

FX Wildcat Mk3 .22 Hades 15.89gr, 25FPE vs a Mouse at about 20yards.
Mouse pretty much exploded… 🤔
IMG_3817.jpeg

.30 Caliber 60gn hollow point slug made with Thor Press. 957 fps @ muzzle....rabbit was about 30 yards out...a bit much for rabbit. Instantly dropped in place then just a couple twitches. Exited right shoulder and completely destroyed it...normally I only do headshots, too much damage to the little meat there is with the .30 but didn't have a head shot, was in a bush and branch was blocking head, shoulder shot with him angled away was only option.

Last edited:
Was going for a head shot at 96yards on this rabbit, tried to compensate for a breeze (over 96yards) and didn’t quite get it right. Pellet dropped down into the neck or between the shoulders….
Has anyone else noticed the “leap of death” and attributed it to any particular type of shot? I’m thinking maybe heart shot?

Reactions: ZekeZX10
@SteveV What type of gun is this? Make and model?

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Was going for a head shot at 96yards on this rabbit, tried to compensate for a breeze (over 96yards) and didn’t quite get it right. Pellet dropped down into the neck or between the shoulders….
Has anyone else noticed the “leap of death” and attributed it to any particular type of shot? I’m thinking maybe heart shot?

@RangerPete I’ve shot a bushel or two of cottontail rabbits and they sometimes flip when head shot. I recall hitting one in the head from 50-52 yards out with my Prod shooting Preadator Polymag shorts. I aimed for the vitals and hit the head. Upon impact it backflipped. When I walked up to it, it needed a follow-up shot to put it down humanely. But it didn’t move after flipping. I think I’ve seen that a couple of other times as well.

@RangerPete I’ve shot a bushel or two of cottontail rabbits and they sometimes flip when head shot. I recall hitting one in the head from 50-52 yards out with my Prod shooting Preadator Polymag shorts. I aimed for the vitals and hit the head. Upon impact it backflipped. When I walked up to it, it needed a follow-up shot to put it down humanely. But it didn’t move after flipping. I think I’ve seen that a couple of other times as well.
had the same with squirrels too . BTW if not a through shot i pick up and garbage can the remains , Fox doesn't get fed .