This is a Safety issue alert

Why would you need to rezero if you're not messing with either the scope or the barrel? Legit question
Real talk , any time I remove a stock, or make a big change , disassemble to clean the barrel etc, I always am under the impression that it MAY change my zero, but its extremely rare. Just sounds like a Karen situation to me.

I am guilty of not finding past references to this issue, but including a female fitting is a poor solution to a factory error. There are many variations of Foster fittings out there in the market. Different dimensions and different threads. I have found both male and female fosters with both male and female threads of NPT BSPP in 1/16", 1/8" and 1/4", BSPT, M8 and M10. there appears to be no standard and sizes are rarely stated. Including a 17mm female Foster with a 1/8" male BSPP is only one solution that may or may not fit the end user's circumstances.

Real talk , any time I remove a stock, or make a big change , disassemble to clean the barrel etc, I always am under the impression that it MAY change my zero, but its extremely rare. Just sounds like a Karen situation to me.
Because I also removed the scope, the barrel, installed a CF fiber tube (another story). Just looking at my Crown funny changes its zero. I must use a barrel to bottle clamp or the zero changes from session to session. The clamp really works well for me, but just removing the clamp means I have start all over again.

Because I also removed the scope, the barrel, installed a CF fiber tube (another story). Just looking at my Crown funny changes its zero. I must use a barrel to bottle clamp or the zero changes from session to session. The clamp really works well for me, but just removing the clamp means I have start all over again.

Well that has nothing to do with the problem at hand and is really the cause of you living with it for 2 years, not because removing the stock would change your zero.

Then it isn't as reliable as you say.

I am guilty of not finding past references to this issue, but including a female fitting is a poor solution to a factory error. There are many variations of Foster fittings out there in the market. Different dimensions and different threads. I have found both male and female fosters with both male and female threads of NPT BSPP in 1/16", 1/8" and 1/4", BSPT, M8 and M10. there appears to be no standard and sizes are rarely stated. Including a 17mm female Foster with a 1/8" male BSPP is only one solution that may or may not fit the end user's circumstances.

@Steve-I It more so appears to be a problem resulting from lack of standardized size protocols for foster tfittings. I’ve read AGN discussions about this where several frustrated members have encountered issues finding the right foster fittings or pairings. Seems like a legitimate concern.

In your case it seems that the manufacturer (FX) does something about this issue by including and distributing a specific fitting that works with fill ports on their guns. There are probably several other brands of female fittings that will work with the crown. A more pertinent question is, how do people know which ones to buy when they are mass produced, seemingly cheaply made, with no apparent uniform specs? I haven’t noticed a whole bunch of detailed specs on fittings costing $10-$20. Some probably buy them cheaper than that. Seems to me the problem is with the foster fitting manufacturing and marketing these various sized fittings advertising them as if they’re standard.

That is why I turn down my extended reach Foster Socket fitting.
I remove the knurling for snag free engagement with my K&L ARCA lower rail.

20221021_160152.jpg

Stuart

It's a little silly for FX to think everyone who owns a Crown will be using the correct fitting every time they fill the gun. Many guys/gals use their buddy's rig during a hunt or whatever they have on hand at shooting competitions. It might be a dangerous combination. I don't own a Crown, so take my comments with a grain of salt, BUT, if the gun has some sort of quirk why won't FX do an adjustment in their manufacturing and fix it?

Glenn in Texas

It's a little silly for FX to think everyone who owns a Crown will be using the correct fitting every time they fill the gun. Many guys/gals use their buddy's rig during a hunt or whatever they have on hand at shooting competitions. It might be a dangerous combination. I don't own a Crown, so take my comments with a grain of salt, BUT, if the gun has some sort of quirk why won't FX do an adjustment in their manufacturing and fix it?

Glenn in Texas

Monopolizing the market as they always do.

Just throwing it out there, but ALL my foster fitting fit both my crowns. Including the one that came on my yong heng. This isn’t an FX isseue, it’s a lack of specific sizes in the manufacturing of the foster connects (mostly the cheap Chinese ones). There are other manufacturers that keep Thai space tight for safety reasons. It protects the foster fill from damage. Evol being one of them.

Reactions: rcs9250
I have a FX Crown and I have noticed some fill whips disengage violently during an air bottle refill. (very exciting). I kept blaming the Foster fitting, but that was not the fault. It is the stock that interferes with the outer shell of the female Foster fitting on the fill whip from completely closing. It is not possible to see why this is happening because the fill fitting is recessed. After complete disassembly so I could measure all the dimensions, I discovered the milled slot in the stock has a width of 17.5 mm. Female foster fittings larger than 17mm will interfere with that slot and not properly latch. Please note that these Foster fittings rarely state their dimensions. I have 8 different fill whips and only 2 are 17mm. All the rest are 19 mm and interfere. I do not know how many other guns have this issue, but certainly the FX Crown does. Beware! I have contacted FX Customer Support, about this.
hp air safety generally suggests you tie your whips to an immovable object to prevent this possibility - even if it's just from human error. Navy Diver talking here.

Man! You guys are tough!

I personally welcome threads like this one. At least like this one started out.

Yes, Steve should have addressed this issue when it first came up, but to me, that is not the point of his thread.
The point is obviously to alert others of a potential hazard. So what if many here already knew about it, but it one new FX owner reads this and takes the time to check that his connection is secure, that person will likely avoid getting smacked with a runaway whip hose.

As far as his Crown not coming with a female foster fitting. I have no reason not to believe that. Items are shipped out every day with missing pieces. Mistakes do happen.

Sometimes I think people on the internet go looking for things to pick apart.

Last edited: