This guy gets a pass

I been watching this boar over the past year maybe. Watched him grow up guess you might say. Just a handsome fella, that when the light hits just right, he lights up deep red. Wishing this fella a long life. Photo from a permission down the road.

20210625_071050.1627431687.JPG

But, these ones, yeah, its been a busy July.

20210625_052454.1627432237.JPG

ATB, Mark

My neighbor always asks what I'm up to. "Eight so far this month." He tells me keep up the good work. It's well within my ability to take the smaller ones. But the boar, he kinda special. Saw him one day saunter right out into the road, almost run down by a car, a policeman's car no less. He didn't scare off or anything, just strolled across. Hawaiians have a different kind of relationship with wild pigs, embodied in the story of Kamapua'a. Comes from the mythologies of our ancestors. And, yeah, I get majah soft spots for wayward animals.

Oh hell no. No such thing as a pass for any of them in Texas, but God bless you for having a heart. 
Here we need to eliminate 75% of the population just to maintain the current numbers. To put it in a different perspective, I’m buying roughly 3k rounds of hp slugs a year for hog and coyote removal jobs, granted some of that is sighting in and venison for the freezer.. If you have the means, helicopter hog hunts are flat out FUN. A little Creedence playing in the headset helps too.

Oh hell no. No such thing as a pass for any of them in Texas, but God bless you for having a heart. 
Here we need to eliminate 75% of the population just to maintain the current numbers. To put it in a different perspective, I’m buying roughly 3k rounds of hp slugs a year for hog and coyote removal jobs, granted some of that is sighting in and venison for the freezer.. If you have the means, helicopter hog hunts are flat out FUN. A little Creedence playing in the headset helps too.

Zero passes. 

Zero passes.

Yup. Surely someone will take him on the neighboring properties. Maybe next year he getting too big I take him with my RAW, but for now I like watching him. I have a suspicion that this and another boar have raided a sows litter to feast on the kids.

I censused 18 head pig winter 2019 and 24 in 2020. That's just the ones that herd up. I made a big effort this month to knock em back and been quite successful.

Take a shot gun with bird shot. At about 20 yds shoot him in the balls. He will survive but be done making babies and will get much much bigger. Meat will be better too. Don't look very old no tusks and not scared up.

Causing unnecessary suffering is abhorrent and suggesting to do so is reprehensible. 

Take a shot gun with bird shot. At about 20 yds shoot him in the balls. He will survive but be done making babies and will get much much bigger. Meat will be better too. Don't look very old no tusks and not scared up.

I actually heard the same thing from one of the young boys in the neighborhood, and at the time I thought that was the most effed up thing to even consider doing. I still do.

I don't much about castration of animals, or humans, but I find it interesting that a user with the name of "fuznut" would suggest this!!

Will