• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

This doesn’t help us at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. That’s the way too many problems are “solved” these days. Only creates more problems.
How bout we get back to real solutions? *** Mod Edit *** The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.
I was only kidding (and being sarcastic). Don't take everything so seriously.

It just makes my blood boil when someone does something stupid with a gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genetic disposition, bad parenting, yes. But let’s not forget Big Pharma and the role the play in distributing meds to kids and adults alike. Then doctors who are incentivized to push these meds to kids. I once dated a girl who was “diagnosed” with ADD at the age of 5. Her parents allowed the doctor to put her on Xanax. I’ll never understand how they think it’s alright to play with a young child’s growing mind. Big Pharma makes Pablo Escobar look like a saint

But let’s not forget Big Pharma and the role the play in distributing meds to kids and adults alike. Then doctors who are incentivized to push these meds to kids. I once dated a girl who was “diagnosed” with ADD at the age of 5. Her parents allowed the doctor to put her on Xanax. I’ll never understand how they think it’s alright to play with a young child’s growing mind. Big Pharma makes Pablo Escobar look like a saint
You need to get your facts straight. Big Pharma is not the "bad guy"...they simply provide a drug or therapy.

A teacher that is too lazy to deal with an active kid, a parent that is too stupid and believes the lazy teacher, and the Doctor the parent gets to dose the kid are the "bad guys" here.

I watched the video in question an I don't recall anything that said the kid was medicated or anything that asserted a possible motive.

But everyone posting is quick to blame and point fingers without any facts. Chill out guys!!!

You need to get your facts straight. Big Pharma is not the "bad guy"...they simply provide a drug or therapy.

A teacher that is too lazy to deal with an active kid, a parent that is too stupid and believes the lazy teacher, and the Doctor the parent gets to dose the kid are the "bad guys" here.

I watched the video in question an I don't recall anything that said the kid was medicated or anything that asserted a possible motive.

But everyone posting is quick to blame and point fingers without any facts. Chill out guys!!!
Hmmm…they’re the manufacturer of these drugs. I suppose the manufacturers of heroin, cocaine, and crystal meth aren’t to blame either? Or let’s not forget the Sackler family who’s been sued to high hell for creating one of the worst drug epidemics in this country. Of course no one knows why this kid did what he did he hasn’t even gone through pre-trial; but the fact is no sane and moral person shoots up 12 innocent kids. There’s clearly a mental disorder at play here.

Reactions: Glem.Chally
Both my kids play video games. I play video games. 99% of the kids and young adults I've coached in baseball over the years play them. Yet none of the hundreds of kids I've been associated with have ever done anything remotely similar too this.

Stupidity and evil are not caused by video games. But more than likely from bad parenting or genetic disposition.
Perhaps Hollywoods incessant endless day after day week after week production of shows that endlessly glorify a gun shooting someone as a way to resolve conflict

Hmmm…they’re the manufacturer of these drugs. I suppose the manufacturers of heroin, cocaine, and crystal meth aren’t to blame either? Or let’s not forget the Sackler family who’s been sued to high hell for creating one of the worst drug epidemics in this country. Of course no one knows why this kid did what he did he hasn’t even gone through pre-trial; but the fact is no sane and moral person shoots up 12 innocent kids. There’s clearly a mental disorder at play here.
I completely agree with "Of course no one knows why this kid did what he did he hasn’t even gone through pre-trial; but the fact is no sane and moral person shoots up 12 innocent kids. There’s clearly a mental disorder at play here.", however i'm not aligned so much on some of the rest. "Big Pharma" also manufacture all the antibiotics that have saved countless millions of lives, not to mention the drugs that have reduced deaths from childhood cancers dramatically over the least 25 years (look it up). Then there are the heart drugs that have cut early deaths from heart disease, and drugs for "wet" AMD, and drugs for countless other ailments.

For all those that want to blame "Big Pharma" for everything, I suggest thinking about what life was like before they were really around. You almost certainly have never suffered from Polio or Smallpox or countless other diseases that destroyed or cut many lives short - and yes, that was because of "Big Pharma".

Now don't get me wrong. In my opinion the Sacklers, and much of the Purdue Pharma senior management should be in jail (or worse) for what I see as their willful misleading and criminal promotion of opioids, but they also had lots of willing help. That would include the physicians, who kept prescribing the opioids, the distributors, who shipped enough pills to one little pharmacy in WV to sedate the entire state, and, of course, the people who actually took the pills cannot be blameless.

At the end of the day, we should not forget that the responsibility for a person's behavior lies with that person. Not with video games, or medicines, or TV, or Hollywood

I completely agree with "Of course no one knows why this kid did what he did he hasn’t even gone through pre-trial; but the fact is no sane and moral person shoots up 12 innocent kids. There’s clearly a mental disorder at play here.", however i'm not aligned so much on some of the rest. "Big Pharma" also manufacture all the antibiotics that have saved countless millions of lives, not to mention the drugs that have reduced deaths from childhood cancers dramatically over the least 25 years (look it up). Then there are the heart drugs that have cut early deaths from heart disease, and drugs for "wet" AMD, and drugs for countless other ailments.

For all those that want to blame "Big Pharma" for everything, I suggest thinking about what life was like before they were really around. You almost certainly have never suffered from Polio or Smallpox or countless other diseases that destroyed or cut many lives short - and yes, that was because of "Big Pharma".

Now don't get me wrong. In my opinion the Sacklers, and much of the Purdue Pharma senior management should be in jail (or worse) for what I see as their willful misleading and criminal promotion of opioids, but they also had lots of willing help. That would include the physicians, who kept prescribing the opioids, the distributors, who shipped enough pills to one little pharmacy in WV to sedate the entire state, and, of course, the people who actually took the pills cannot be blameless.

At the end of the day, we should not forget that the responsibility for a person's behavior lies with that person. Not with video games, or medicines, or TV, or Hollywood
True indeed. There are great accomplishments within the pharmaceutical industry. I should’ve been more specific. The opioid, barbiturate, and psychotropic companies. I watched my Uncle Tommy battle a Valium addiction that deprived his dopamine to the point he got Parkinson’s. In the end it was his lack of discipline that led him to keep taking the drug and eating a poop diet that perpetuated his chrohns. I agree that the individual should take accountability but since we are born we are trained to trust the white coat. Don’t get me wrong I love doctors for their skill to perform surgery. But this incessant need to push meds is B.S. and is only a bandaid not a cure. Sometimes they even make more problems. We’ve all seen the big Pharma commercials for let’s say an anti-depressant. Why is it that when they’re stating the side effects there’s always a happy lady skipping through a field of flowers while they’re telling you side effects may include rectal bleeding, thoughts of suicide, etc etc.

Reactions: ChRiSiS
No. That BB at best is lodged under the skin against the OUTSIDE of his skull. I have literally been head shot with a Red Rider many times. In my youth my cousin and I had regular BB gun fights. He always shot for the head... only the grace of God kept us from losing an eye.
I was in more than one BB gun fight in my youth. Not smart, but what young man is smart?
I wonder what the news would have made of those BB gun fights today? Every Saturday morning after looney tunes, a few of us would get together and
shoot our BB guns. Sometimes across the street at each other. 3 or four on each side behind rock walls and trees. Body and leg shots only.
Can you imagine the CNN coverage today?

What a world.

Doc

What's next?
Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 6.27.56 AM.jpg

Both my kids play video games. I play video games. 99% of the kids and young adults I've coached in baseball over the years play them. Yet none of the hundreds of kids I've been associated with have ever done anything remotely similar too this.

Stupidity and evil are not caused by video games. But more than likely from bad parenting or genetic disposition.
Violent video games are proven to plant ideas into young brains, then when these kids have other mental interferences or lack or parents or guardians, they tend tovturn toward these planted seeds in there brains. Vidoe games should always have some adult guidance when being used. Sad but a proven fact.

Big pharma advertise there drugs are the cure all to everyones problems. The openly advertise these drugs that reqyire a script from a doctor so why advertise to the general public ?? They are trying to sue gun mfgrs for there advertising, big pharma is far worse !! Why is it legal to advertise something you cant buy like all these drugs they advertise ??

Really ? just look at TV ads !! "And YOU may lose weight " Ask your doctor If you need this drug. !!

>>Airshot
Big pharma advertise there drugs are the cure all to everyones problems. The openly advertise these drugs that reqyire a script from a doctor so why advertise to the general public ?? They are trying to sue gun mfgrs for there advertising, big pharma is far worse !! Why is it legal to advertise something you cant buy like all these drugs they advertise ??

You assume that doctors actually have time to familiarize themselves with every new drug on the market. I wish that were true. The reason there are new drug ads is so that patients that have a certain disease or condition see the “new” option and this prompts them to ask their doctor about it. Is it wrong to do direct marketing to people? IDK.

>>beerthief
Really ? just look at TV ads !! "And YOU may lose weight " Ask your doctor If you need this drug. !!

Do I like the ads? No. But if you’re a diabetic and you see a new drug that offers a once a week or once a month injection and you’re currently sticking yourself 2 or 3 time per day, you’ll be on the phone tomorrow asking your doctor if it will work for you. Is that a bad thing? I guess it depends on whether you think you need help.

A lot of the companies that advertise new drugs on TV also have a little note at the end of the ad..if you can’t afford your medication, company X will provide it heavily discounted or free. Yeah, pharma companies are evil.

Heck, let’s blame all pharma for raising prices because there’s a “Pharma Bro”. Let’s take all our money out of the stock market because there is a Bernie Madoff. Sheesh..where does it end?

Maybe none of the airgun manufactures should be allowed to post information on AGN about their new products. Makes sense, right? Why should they be allowed to take advantage of us like that? After all, some of us do have an addiction to airguns and stuff.

Reactions: Doc C.
Status
Not open for further replies.