• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

This Boss has made me a 100 yd addict. Also makes me cry! LOL!

Wow, ever since this Boss landed at Campfussell, I just can't seem to get enough. It was very humid outside this morning with almost no wind.

It was way to wet to go to my hundred yard bench set up, so I shot from my back porch standing bench. It was so humid the paper targets seemed like they wanted to wilt?

My porch set up is 106 yds so these targets are shot at 106 yds. Also I turned my elevation turret a whole revolution up so I wouldn't have such a huge holdover. Using Sightron 10-50x60 on 30 power with just one stadia hold over. Should be perfect for when I move to the 100 yd bench.

I only shot 3 targets as it was just to stanky humid to be out here to start with, but I'm like a crack addict on pellet meth when it comes to this new found long range drug. The best target was # 3 and it was like being on cloud nine for the first four shots with all my dreams being crushed on that fifth shot.

Target #1 scores 49/50 w/ 2x's 1.376" ctc. This target actually took the top score of the three today

1564838901_14855500315d458bf5c1f386.08082980_8.3.19.3a.jpg

Target #2 scores 48/50 at 1.11" ctc

1564838980_17762529315d458c446391f4.00448194_8.3.19.1.jpg

And Target #3 was enough to make a grown man cry. Had a killer first 4 shots drilling in there at 0.307" ctc and that 5th shot shattered my dreams. Target scored the worst with 47/50 and 1.957" ctc

1564839163_12343257455d458cfb927415.72253221_8.3.19.3b.jpg

1564839144_14880548075d458ce8f10876.48169146_8.3.19.2.jpg

1564839177_17549611095d458d0917c147.92154841_8.3.19.3c.jpg

4 shots out of every single target was under an inch? Maybe I need to just shoot 4 shot groups?

Peace and Pellet Meth Grease

Fuss

That's awesome!

My eyes tear up when I think about the "Boss" I sold -- to finance the purchase of a bullpup.

Oh man, I feel your pain. I can't believe the gentleman that sold this gun to Derrick and then Derrick sold it to me? I'm like....why in the heck wouldn't you keep something this freaking unbelievably accurate?

I'm almost glad the 5th shot kicked out because no one would believe a 0.307 inch 106 yd group to start with? I know I would have my doubts.LOL

Fuss

That's awesome shooting right there. I need to pack my Crown 30 cal in the truck and come take some lessons from you!

James

Come on down James, would love to shoot that Crown. I gotta get my friend Glenn or someone over here so I'll have a witness! LOL

I'm not doing anything different than I've been doing with my Crickets? This Boss is just that good!

It's still to nasty hot here to really enjoy it. I scoot out for a short shooting spell early morn and late evenings. Waiting for some of that crisp October weather to get here.

Fuss

The best target was # 3 and it was like being on cloud nine for the first four shots with all my dreams being crushed on that fifth shot.

4 shots out of every single target was under an inch? Maybe I need to just shoot 4 shot groups?

Good shooting! I’ve had that happen before also. You see the one hole after 4 and get all excited and pull that 5th shot. At least you didn’t stop after 4. There have been a few shooters the past 6 months posting 3 shot groups, which truly don’t show anything statistically... You found the courage to take that 5th shot! Still some damn fine shootin’

The best target was # 3 and it was like being on cloud nine for the first four shots with all my dreams being crushed on that fifth shot.

Good shooting! I’ve had that happen before also. You see the one hole after 4 and get all excited and pull that 5th shot. At least you didn’t stop after 4. There have been a few shooters the past 6 months posting 3 shot groups, which truly don’t show anything statistically... You found the courage to take that 5th shot! Still some damn fine shootin’

Thanks Mike,

Yeah, and I usually like to shoot at least 3 cards when I'm shooting these. Not to mention the NUAH club requires 5 shot groups.

That third card, I could have stopped at four and called it five, but couldn't live with myself if I cheated. I've had cards where I absolutely knew I shot five times and it only looks like four holes because one shot went directly into another pellet hole? That bothers me enough to want to go for the sixth shot! LOL

Also, in trying to keep it honest.......when I measure my distances, I have a cheap range finder, but still like to measure the distance with a hundred yard sports tape and add a foot or two for good measure!

My range finder measures most of my stuff inside 50 yds on the money, but says this 106 yd shot is 108 yds? I know I only added a foot or foot and a half for good measure? So I trust my tape on that one.

Fuss

Wow! Good shoot’in FUSS, at 100yds I’d be happy to get 5 under 1-1/2” consistently any day,not there yet...

Thanks nomojo

I was getting those 1.5" groups with my little Firecracker Cricket. One day I averaged 3 cards in a row at 1.5" or less, but never got under 1.2" with it. This Boss, seems like it's in a whole new realm?

Keep plugging buddy, it will come.

That is awesome shooting yet again buddy, but I’m coming to expect it from you now. :eek:)

Thanks Russ, waiting on you to get back on the bench!

I’m taking my time and trying to be patient and wait for the right gun. Looks like I came back in about a week late, seeing Derrick sell that Boss and Bobcat right before I came back. Been shooting my 22lr for now. You sure have been busy bringing in new toys. I enjoy following the great shooting.