This Annoying Fill Probe Issue...?

I used to wonder about probes and thought fosters were so great why probes at all. Then I got 2 guns with probes. And had leaks at the check valve in one foster and at the o-ring on the assembly in another. Probes are simply one less thing to maintain assuming applying grease doesn't break ya. Now I wish my Sumatra hadn't been altered...

Two-sides of the same coin, of course. The organization boxes are key, too. I have one for magazines, cleaning brushes and patches, specialty ammo, filling supplies (probes, etc.)...they work pretty well, but it would really be nice if AG's that came with probes also had a spot to store them on them.

Hopefully my next AG, which will have a foster, will be a Slayer .22/80. If not, the Raptor is in the on deck circle..

Do do these all these above techniques to keep them straight. But I just no longer want to pay attention or even care about fill probe and there accessories. If all manufacturers followed one suit (foster qb) for every gun, we would not have to pay attention to where the fill kit, or make sure there are in the gun case.

We have to drag enough crap to the range, chrono, air tank, pellets, targets, bore brushes, tools, range finders, scouting scopes, binoculars, bipods, sandbags.....ect.

Enough is enough!

I got these on E-bay for my Cricket, no need for extra parts. 

1564590356_4968252415d41c1140f7802.06918691_32EB75FC-4505-4124-AFBE-92D7B9723A52.jpeg

Will you post the eBay link to these, please?

Like BigRagu, I attach labels to each probe to identify it. I have also found myself at the range without critical pieces of equipment. My solution was to buy several of those plastic ammo boxes, the kind with the storage inside the lid and a removable tray under the lid. I label each box for a specific rifle, or sometimes two rifles. Inside that box goes everything I need to shoot that rifle. Ammo, magazine, fill probe, etc. I even put the appropriate allen wrenches for the scope mounts, as well as any special tools for field adjustments. I have one separate ammo box with just general tools. When it's time to go shooting, I simply ask myself what rifles I am taking, then grab their ammo boxes and the tool box. I haven't forgotten critical equipment since I started doing this. Anyways, that's what works for me! 

James 

Good luck with getting the manufacturers to agree on any standard. When I had only one PCP and a hand pump, it was so simple. the probe was just screwed on to the pump-hose and stayed there permanently. No extra fittings. Now with several guns and various ways of filling, it has become a lot more complicated. Even if the Foster connection becomes standard, you still have the problem with all the different brands having slightly different dimensions. Some makes are compatible with each other and some aren't or like some FX guns, you need a special extra long one to reach the recessed male QD on the gun. I think it is easier just to label them or store them in a container like a pill bottle and label that, as has been suggested.