• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thinking we have enough rain ... Dang !!!

6 years ago Sac area had massive amount of rain and I remember driving down 5 freeway and both sides were flooded. Especially east of 5 freeway all I could see is water and birds all the way to horizon, really surreal! It looked like I was driving by the okavango delta when it gets flooded from discovery channel.View attachment 319528
I know that in 2004 we got a LOT of rain, happens every 6 - 8 year, waiting for the Russian River to do its thing. This Climate Change thing is a pain. /s

It did not rain today!!!:)All or nothing ain't a good thing,hope all is good with everyone.Basement had 5ft. of water in it because sump pump broke,,bought two new sump pumps,got water out.Water heater is in basement,got it to work,butt not before it throw a fireball in my face,lucky me I only got burnt eyebrows and lashes,burnt hair stinks.:mad:...I do not now if I am dumb or lucky,I think both.
Airgun related =the day before I took my HW50 apart to put a tune kit in it,got it back together and Then noticed a nut ,looked to see where the nut went,found out,I got to take the 50 back apart to put the nut back in ....why the nut is not spot welded is beyoud me,it holds the trigger on..now that is dumb me.o_O

My father was a pilot and we flew over the delta during all this flooding. in 1972. I would have been 13 at the time & do remember viewing it from the air.

Another in the same @ time line ... ROSEVILLES railyard Munitions explosions, was working out at the Denios Auction when it happened !!! BOOM/S !!!!!!!!
And was at Sac Executive airport during the airshow when the F86 Saber Jet crashed into FARRELS Ice Cream parlor on Freeport ave.

Sac native threw & threw :eek:
All righty, then, That means you remember the famous weatherman Stormin’ Norman and his claim to fame…

The guy sure knew where the hot spots were!!

It has to be bad for sure. I’m a big fan of professional dirt bike racing. Winter season is stadium supercross racing. This last weekend was supposed to be in Oakland coliseum. It was postponed until February. Now they aren’t afraid to race in the all out mud. They have many times in the past. This is the first I can ever remember one being called off for rain. Must be crazy bad.

It's a weird winter. Usually that rain that California is getting would be up in Oregon, Washington and BC.

We've received very little rain so far, up here in BC. Last winter we got drenched.

Most winters I've lived in BC, we get just a little rain but it was every day. Like 0.5mm or 1mm a day, but taken over 80-100 days with a few heavier days thrown in there, it was a good amount of rain at a reasonable pace. But last year it came in massive dumps.

This year we haven't had the consistent rain. More just a few big dumps, here and there. But the weather has been leveling-out recently. Getting randomish amounts between 0 and 4mm a day this week.

Reactions: qball
Gents,

Central Coast Cali here. We needed the rain, but a seasons worth in in the span of a week or two took its toll. My buddies business in Morro Bay was a total loss.

This oak used to be in my backyard, and my woodshed with two cords of oak cut and hand split by yours truly teeters on the ragged edge…

“Gentlemen…start your chainsaws”!

Justin
26889518-C951-43E8-B487-0CAE2EDE8770.jpeg
FBE2BA50-C6E7-4431-AB25-95C0E895DEC7.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: qball
Gents,

Central Coast Cali here. We needed the rain, but a seasons worth in in the span of a week or two took its toll. My buddies business in Morro Bay was a total loss.

This oak used to be in my backyard, and my woodshed with two cords of oak cut and hand split by yours truly teeters on the ragged edge…

“Gentlemen…start your chainsaws”!

JustinView attachment 324054View attachment 324055
Which stream is that? I'm a touch south east of you.