Thinking of selling FX Wildcat .30 to help fund an Impact.

So I think the Impact with the 600mm stx barrel will be better in the truck and power adjustment is nice. The Impact is a little bit more neutral at the fore end , also nice. I've only had the WC 2 weeks but thinking I should have bought the Impact. Anyone have experience with BOTH guns? What are your thoughts? Thanks.

I have the Impact (sorry, not the Wildcat) and not so sure about it being a truck gun. I wonder about that bottle getting in the way in the truck where the WC has the smaller air tube and a stock that extends half way up to protect the tube when getting in and out of a truck. The Impact is great, and you may be different, but once I find a power / pellet combination that works, I really don't touch it again, so the power wheels really don't do me all that much good once tuned where I want it. The WC seems to be good choice for what you are doing.

I guess the real question is why would the Impact work better for you? What doesn't the WC do that the Impact might?

I own both rifles. The Wildcat in .25 cal. The Impact X and the Impact in .22, .25 and .30 cal.

I never use the .30 cal Impact setup.

Any morning when I finally arise and find some pest on my bird feeder, I automatically grab my Wildcat. This bullpup is lightweight powerful and at ~ 35 inches, checks all the boxes for me.

I understand the Wildcat in .30 caliber configuration is 40 inches. Same as my Impact with the baffles attached.

My vote for use in the truck...the Wildcat. Maybe even downsizing the Wildcat to .25 caliber for better maneuverability.

Thanks fellow members. As to the 34gr . To get in the .30 energy range the velocity needs to be around 900fps. Don't think the WC is up to that. Even if it could shot count would suffer.

Shot count is (Impact) is a plus. So I think I will put the Wildcat up for sale in the next few days.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you certain?

The FX Wildcat .30 cal is advertised to produce ~70 fps. While 34gr moving 900 FPS is only 61 FPE.

*Try 44 grain JSB in your .30 cal Wildcat.

The suggestion is to use 34s in 25cal . The .30 WC at 840fps is close to 70fpe but only around 25 shots on reg. That's with 44.75gr. Just sold my Edgun r5m long .25 cal. 50 shots on reg with 25gr ,got spoiled..The Impact with 600mm barrel should be a great woods gun for grouse and tree rats. So good bye Wildcat. Bill.

I have a w/c in 22 and I like the way it handles and balance , I would of gotten the Wildcat 30 but to be serious , they don't have the power nor shot count for 30 caliber IMO , , but it is a great 22 caliber , if I anted a 25 the impact is better choice or the crown with 700mm barrel , but when you step u to 30 caliber ,

The stock FX just doesn't have the power it needs for 50 gr pellets and heavier slugs , In .30 caliber the ED-Gun R-5 30 caliber super long is my go to .30 caliber gun ,deadly with either 44gr or 50 gr and and it is a lazer with my 2 gr slugs and my 61 gr slugs , 1moa at 100yd with them , and like 60 shots ,and can shoot any ammo accurately and can load any length slug .LOU

Hey Rabbit, roger the r5. Can't say enough good about Edguns. Just sold my edgun r5m .25 laminated. Just ordered an Impact. 30 600mm. 73fpe should be great for how and what I hunt. Got a great hunting partner in my GPS Banjo. She's strong on upland but we pretty much stick to grouse and grey squirrel. Turn her loose and watch her try to climb tree to get the grey. She's 10yo and I'm 73 so squirrel is an easy pace for us. I road and foot hunt grouse. Bill

Rabbit. maybe GPS is right also. Got totally lost in Mt. Hood National Forest few years ago. Old growth fir, hi heavy canopy, no see sky. Getting dark. Finally told her to "go truck". When we broke out of the brush we were 20 feet from the rig. Bought a GPS the next day. Love that dog. Bill

She got half my steak that night. 

Just started testing a wildcat .30. Its out of box shooting average 834 FPS 44.75 gr 70 ft/lbs at muzzle with 30 shots and reg at 145 My BC is .0450 adjusted at 78 yardsI shoot two other FX products with MKII heavies and 50 ft/lbs at muzzle. I do perform pest control out of pickup cab and in back using a modified stable table with boat bimini top and camo. I remove rats, cats, coons, possums, skunks and whatever else the farmers want gone and permits are available also lots of pigeon, house sparrows and my favorite starlings (sturnus vulgarus). The gun is 39.5" long with the Donney FL moderator. So far all is well with this power house, it is smoking the red dots at 78 yards from my splatter burst targets so I will be putting it into service very soon. Hate it did not work out for you Banjoandme that 700 MM barrel really helps to keep that energy up on the 45 gr with a lower reg pressure. I think it is doing really well to get the 30 shots per fill from 230 bar to the 145 bar reg setting. I use a lot of night vision for the larger pests and that is where the .30 is coming in to play. Dont need it for the birds but you know wow what a whack it puts on them. My bro will be picking up the Impact .30 for pesting but he is also wanting the 700MM barrrel also. Well I hope the Impact works out for you, Happy hunting.

The wildcat comes in 3 different length as far as I know depending on caliber. I do own both a wildcat, and impact in .177. Both are nice guns. The impact has more adjustability, features, and more air. But in my opinion the wildcat might be a litle more ergonomic, when not bench shooting. You can rest you forhand on a slim stock, instead of on metal, or a bottle. But it is not something which bother me on the impact. My plan is to get a .25 barrelkit for the impact, and keep the wildact in .177.