Thinking of making flat surface valve for Impact M3 out of peek

After many other experiments now I am thinking of making a new valve body which will be in two parts. The parts will have male and female threads in such a manner that when these will be screwed in it will look like one piece valve body.

The reason behind making it in two parts is this that I want to make the valve seat perfectly flat. No tapered or conical shape.

In making it in two parts I assume more success in achieving perfect flat surface to seal the air.

Similarly the valve sitting surface will be made of peek and will also be perfectly flat.

Thus two flat surfaces will hold the air just like my arrangement is in RAW HM1000X. 

I understand that this kind of arrangement will give better efficiency, more power potential, tighter spread and will require less power to open the valve. 

Again something different from OEM impact. 

Again many hours, funds and testing time will be involved. 

If it proved to be a success, it will be a true satisfaction. 

Advices from all users and tuners are welcome. 

Bhaur

Personally would NOT do Peek ON Peek .... Steel, Aluminum or Brass on Peek works best.

Toughest & best flowing is to have a concave taper of @ 15* to 20* on seat and Poppet head PEEK being a square cylinder profile with a defined 90* corner as it rests on taper of seat.

The wear will just be on outer edge of poppet and not on seat, As sealing edge beats down over time only the sealing margin widens, yet flow and opening force remain unchanging.

Good luck ...
Scott S

Personally would NOT do Peek ON Peek .... Steel, Aluminum or Brass on Peek works best.

Toughest & best flowing is to have a concave taper of @ 15* to 20* on seat and Poppet head PEEK being a square cylinder profile with a defined 90* corner as it rests on taper of seat.

The wear will just be on outer edge of poppet and not on seat, As sealing edge beats down over time only the sealing margin widens, yet flow and opening force remain unchanging.

Good luck ...
Scott S

Dear Scott

I might not have conveyed the factual position. In fact it's not peek on peek. Rather the seat will be of stainless steel and the valve will be peek. In OEM parts the seat is still stainless steel but too much tapered and the valve is delrin and again too much tapered.

I agree that a bit of concave degree on the metal seat may be good for better air flow. I remember that I have kept a slight degree on my RAW valve seat as well.

Thank you for helping. 

Bhaur

I'm changing my raw valve to peek and installing a steel poppet made one peek valve already for a theoben that my friend is using and a one piece steel poppet I'm going to try it again in my raw instead of the peek poppet I don't want it to fail again like when I drove the stem threw the peek poppet head oops

Making valve body out of peek cause high air flow from the body neck and hole. At very high powers it may cause deshaping due to high temperature etc.

I still believe that valve body may be made of metal and Poppet should be made of peek. A well made peek poppet lasts.

Me and tuners are doing it with success.

Bhaur

The theoben valve was made of derlin and it wasn't having any problems just wanted a power upgrade and that did the trick put in a short stiff spring and it was really consistent for being a non regulated it seems easier for me to get everything straight as possible and get a good deal making the poppet one piece I'll be running around 125 bar like I am right now at about 905 fps with 34 gr jsb pellets not looking to increase power really just help out flow 

The theoben valve was made of derlin and it wasn't having any problems just wanted a power upgrade and that did the trick put in a short stiff spring and it was really consistent for being a non regulated it seems easier for me to get everything straight as possible and get a good deal making the poppet one piece I'll be running around 125 bar like I am right now at about 905 fps with 34 gr jsb pellets not looking to increase power really just help out flow

The Theoben Delrin valve body for high power guns had the issue of de-shaping / melting over time.

That is why later when things went to high power specially in US, metal was started to be used as valve body and poppet was being made of delrin.

For low powered RAW type guns metal poppet and Delrin valve body still works great.

So this is how I see these things.

Still if you are satisfied and happy, that is great.

Bhaur