• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thinking of a Wildcat purchase?

I have my eye on a wildcat in .22 and would appreciate any feedback from current owners before I make my final decision. I presently own a Daystate Air Ranger in 25 and love it but I am looking for a more compact package in smaller caliber for pesting situations where the 25 is cumbersome or too powerful. Sometimes I will shoot pest birds out of my truck and this is a bit cumbersome with the ranger. Any feedback would be appreciated my main concerns are durability, accuracy, velocity and ease of use. I would also like to know if it shoots cheaper pellets with acceptable accuracy and anything else you do or don't like about the little .22 thanks in advance.

i have a 22. definately a keeper. light, accurate (jsb 18.1 or 15.9), and mine shoots 31 ft/lbs with the 18s. mag is great and can be reloaded 1 at a time so you really dont need to pull it. make it as quiet as you need with the add on baffles ($25 ea.from aoa). i only added 1 to be backyard friendly. very easy to use, trigger is adjustable. i wouldnt bother with chea
p pellets. the jsbs are well known to shoot well from this gun.

"Turboken77"Check out the vulcan very compact powerful accurate way smaller then the wildcat i wanted one to shoot out my car without 3 feet of barrel sticking out looked at the wildcats crickets etc and edguns etc and was sold on the .25 vulcan and it is awesome barely sticks out at all if any from my window!
Might want to check those .22 dimensions. 
Vulcan 27 inches 6.65lbs
Wildcat 26.5 inches 6.1lbs

not trying to be impolite but where do you get "way smaller than wildcat". 

"Turboken77"22 wildcat must be smaller then 25 wildcat that i compared my gun to , and you also get none of the new gun fx issues! And the dealer monopoly price fixing thousands of rounds through my vulcan and no problems just as accurate if not more then my fx guns which i like alot but reach for the vulcan more
The Wildcat is cheaper than the Vulcan. There is no financial benefit to choosing the Vulcan and it's louder. 

The reality is that they are both good bullpups that are capable of accuracy. There is no reason why a person should not choose the one they prefer. 

Greatly appreciate all the feedback, it's nice to get real world feedback from end users. Not that I don't trust A.O.A. or any other retailer but when you drop the cash it always feels better when you have the opinion of someone else who has dropped cash as well. I really enjoy this sport, I wish I would have gotten into it long ago, I would have saved a lot of money on ammunition not to mention when hunting or pesting the bag limit greatly increases due to the lack of noise!

I have my Wildcat for half a year now, really nice thing.

I'm completly new PCPs, so I have nothing to compare it with, some of the things I mention may be caused due to my lack of experience.

When I got it, it didn't shoot at all, my dealer told me that I had to remove a scrub screw at the magazine port :?
That did the trick, but I'm still wondering what that sabotage screw was good for in the first place...

I didn't know that I need to depressurise before disconnecting, well, I got spare O-rings at the local hardware store in the plumbers aisle.

The fillport, somewhat cumbersome. Why this seal nicking prone probe, what's the point of that? A simple quick connect nipple like on every paintball marker would suit me much better. Actually, I added the quick connect thing to the probe and don't remove it, dosn't look really great.

Next one is most likely a dealer problem, I ordered a spare magazine, but never got one. Dealer says he ordered it at FX and doesn't get it, can't verify that. Anyway, I have access to a CNC mill, I'm just finishing 2 selfmade magazines.

Now for the postive side :)

Man, that thing has a punch, and it definitly shoots better than me :). Have a 4-12x50 scope on it - great.
And it is so quite, I'm used to spring rifles, the loudest things are the flying noise of the pellet and the impact.