• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thinking of a Beeman R-7

HW30/ R7 same gun. Back in stock at Krale. Both .177 and .22 caliber. Shipping is approximately $50. No tax. Order Monday will have it in 3 days, usually.

332F6465-9C0C-4725-9275-9A7178D4A13B.1646505525.jpeg

Excellent shooting CrazyDave! I’m not there yet, very impressive. Nothing like a good springer for a shooting session. I especially like the HW30 because it’s so easy to cock and shoot off hand. I chose .22 for ease of pellet handling for my clumsy old fingers lol. I’m betting Homer is getting ready to order one right now!

LOL, actually I am Dave, two things are holding me back, first I'd like it in .22 cal., I only have two .177's, all the rest of my air guns are in .22 cal., I've found that the .22 cal. retains it's stability better at ranges of 30 yds. or greater, and like you I have less trouble handling .22 cal. pellets than I do .177 pellets, I've looked aaround and can't seem to find any R-7's or HW30's available in .22 cal.

The second thing is that if I want to stick with .22 cal. I could go with an R-9, but I'd loose the lighter weight of the rifle and the ease of cocking found in the R-7, plus the recoil vibrations increase with the power, so I'm having a devil of a time deciding which one to order, which is why I posed the question, I'm hoping someone more experienced with these guns will help me to decide.

If you’re looking for .22 caliber and want to shoot greater than 30 yards then I think you should get the R9/R10/ HW95/HW98/HW85. These are all the same power plant with different barrel and stock configurations. I have the R7/HW30 and the R9/HW95. I rarely shoot the .177 R7 outside. It’s a great and very accurate gun but you may be expecting more than it will deliver. Especially in. 22 caliber. Krale has the HW85 and the HW30 in .22 caliber in stock now.

Hello I have a HW 30 in 22 cal and as Bear-of-Grayling said it is a great gun with in 25 to 30 yards. If you want to go beyond 30 yds you may need to go to a 177 but its only going to give you another 10 yds or so. I think the allure of the HW30/R7 is light, accurate, easy to cock, and not hold sensitive but due to its power plant it has limited range but still a great gun. Hope this helps Eric

Both my sons started FT competition when they were 12 yrs old with R7 rifles. Pretty much everything within 35 yds they could hit right down to the little 1/2" kz's.. Always refered to as a "poor mans match rifle". Used, they are hard to find as no one wants to get rid of them !! The 177 is more usefull at distance but if the 22 suits you better, just remember your limiting your distance due to a very loopy trajectory. Fun rifles, back in the day we had speed shoots, 5 film canisters at 25 yds, fastest time to knock down all 5!! Using my oldest son's R7 I was able to set a speed record that stood for years, all 5 down in less than 25 seconds. That rifle could be cocked and loaded while up at the shoulder!! A really fun, accurate, enjoyable rifle to own!!

If you haven't ordered one already, just go do it.

I don't own one in .22, but I do have a pair of Beeman R7's. One is in .177, the other is an older Huntington Beach era R7 in .20 caliber. Yeah yeah, not many fans of .20 caliber out there but I am and don't regret for even one second the money I spent buying mine. Still stock and not a scarf mark on any of the screws in it for being a 16 year old rifle.

The .177 I got on a deal too good to pass up on the forum next door last September. Don't regret that one either considering the way it shoots. Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 in Hawke medium rings. Removed the open sights and installed an ARH muzzle break. Took a chance on my new to me R7 .177 and after only 35ish shots, stuck up the 10 Dimes challenge sheet.

The rifle:

Beeman R7 .177 Bench 1.1646579130.jpg

The 10 Dimes challenge. I shanked one on target 5, but for a new to me rifle? Oh yeah, she's a keeper :)

Beeman R7 .177 10 Dimes.1646579166.jpg

If you’re looking for .22 caliber and want to shoot greater than 30 yards then I think you should get the R9/R10/ HW95/HW98/HW85. These are all the same power plant with different barrel and stock configurations. I have the R7/HW30 and the R9/HW95. I rarely shoot the .177 R7 outside. It’s a great and very accurate gun but you may be expecting more than it will deliver. Especially in. 22 caliber. Krale has the HW85 and the HW30 in .22 caliber in stock now.

Thanks for the input, if I'm asking too much from the R-7, would the HW-50 in .177 give me better accuracy out to 50 yds, while retaining lighter weight and lighter cocking force, I have plenty of high powered .22 cal, break barrel air rifles, What I'm after is light weight, ease of use, and outstanding accuracy out to 40-50 Yds.