• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Thinking my WFTF Rifle and Pistol is about done ...

Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 12.06.56 PM.jpg

Premise is to retain some semblance of a pistol, which it does not.

It's a shame the 15" includes moderators as they protect hearing.
I'm not familiar with how to calculate the 12 ft pounds.. but I recently converted my notos from 22" long pistol to a just under 16" pistol, shortened the barrel 4" and instead of the fixed 6" external moderator, it's got a 4" internal moderator and I expected it to be louder and possibly less accurate with the shorter barrel.. but it turned out wonderful, it's actually quite noticable quieter than factory and, I still need to shoot a good test group, I'm thinking around 50 yards because it seemed to be quite a bit more accurate than factory.. I didn't do anything else and with the barrel 4" shorter I went from average 760 fps with cphp pellets to consistent 637 fps and that's with no tuning or adjustments from factory.. considering
I just shortened it and it shoots better, I can now actually shoot freehand, and it's quieter than factory, I'm really happy.. now if I compare jsb jumbo monster redesigned 25.? grain pellets before and after the conversion I lost less than 100 fps and they really sound like they smack hard, plus it's even quieter.. now it's just under 16" overall and if I could get a machine shop to shorten the air tube it would be easy to get it to 14" like the attaman ap16 and likely to 12" like the attaman ap16 compact.. I did all the machine work and crown the barrel but I'm not comfortable doing machine work on the air tube, since I don't have a way to hydro test it and I'm not set up for large metric threading.. I guess it's the first time I have done any metric machine work.. and all my equipment is older but great shape, but it only has american dials so to do metric it's a lot of conversion from metric to standard and back..
but I'm really happy how it turned out.. factory open sights and pistol grip.. never put the stock on since I bought it for a pistol but it was too long to shoot freehand another option if I had to be under 15" long, a air tube off a pp700 and it would measure 14.5"
mark

IMG_20240122_165321112.jpg

IMG_20240122_165309036.jpg

IMG_20240122_161502973.jpg

Reactions: thane
so I saw a video short in the Barra booth of the last shot show..I know that Barra is not a really high quality as far as competing but I was curious about some specifications on a couple of guns from the video and I contacted Barra and they are just getting the shipments of the new product in next week..I assume, just guessing that shot show was 2023? I don't actually know if there's been a shot show 2024 yet..
but I always like reading Tom Gaylord reviews of the shot show and apparently I'm not good at finding things because I'd like to see the whole shot show, at least the airgun part but I have yet to find it.
Mark

always nice seeing what is available.. I noticed the new FX advertising on the main page here and, well that new one with the air tube around the barrel and the pretty wood stock looks and sounds great.. but I haven't seen the price yet, but I assume that since it is FX it will have a pretty big price tag to match it's pretty looks 🤔😂 which would put it out of my foreseeable budget, well unless until someone has a well used and discounted price for it..
Mark

12 fpe PCP pistols are NOT that loud generally. Nothing even close to a 20-30-40 fpe open barrel rifle.
@Motorhead - do they count a barricade stop like I sent you against the 3”? The reason i'm asking is because there is a really cool option with the chassis... a company called Kinetic makes these do-dads that can attach bilaterally in the side m-loks at 45 degrees and provide a great stop in the sticks - see pic. https://kineticdg.com/product/kinect-universal-45-offset-mount-brown/
please note the do-dad at the bottom of the chassis is a separate M-lok gizmo like the one i sent to CA.
IMG_6566.jpeg

Last edited:
This a case in point picture ... being my @ 6 season old custom BSA scorpion. Had made a support extending the fore stock with the very end near muzzle a V block placing Bi-pod yoke at the furthest distance from trigger guard, yet still sub 3"
Also a pic on how shot, stance, bi-pod etc ...

The RAW pistol could be shot in a similar way if set as such to do so ;)

33.jpg

109319534_157324345869577_6426374910945919930_o.jpg

This a case in point picture ... being my @ 6 season old custom BSA scorpion. Had made a support extending the fore stock with the very end near muzzle a V block placing Bi-pod yoke at the furthest distance from trigger guard, yet still sub 3"
Also a pic on how shot, stance, bi-pod etc ...

The RAW pistol could be shot in a similar way if set as such to do so ;)

View attachment 431037

View attachment 431038
i'd prob blow the end of my finger off! worse would be me getting unwound out of that pretzel of a position.

Reactions: markhooper
They likely would allow it, as the AAFTA rules state for Hunter Rifle a stop ( Only one ) can be utilized. Tho not read of it's allowance along with the 6" depth rule forward of trigger guard ?
The Pistols 3" rule would offer the same question ?

I would reach out to a AAFTA BOG member for clarification.
i sent a message / request via the AAFTA web site / contact method. @DeadEyeNC - you on the board?