• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Thinking my WFTF Rifle and Pistol is about done ...

They likely would allow it, as the AAFTA rules state for Hunter Rifle a stop ( Only one ) can be utilized. Tho not read of it's allowance along with the 6" depth rule forward of trigger guard ?
The Pistols 3" rule would offer the same question ?

I would reach out to a AAFTA BOG member for clarification.
Good evening Rudy,
Thank you for your questions to the BOG.

As you correctly stated rule #4.
Fore end depth is limited to a maximum of 3 inches, measured from the center of the barrel to the lowest part of the gun forward of the trigger guard.”
This rule defines the max limits for anything below the barrel centerline including a barricade.
If your barricade extends more than 3” below the barrel centerline, it is in violation of this rule #4.
There are no other rules related to stops in the pistol rules, so as long as you don’t violate the depth rule you have choices on what you can do there.

For the Hunter rifle class, the rule states “B.
Fore end depth is limited to a maximum of 6 inches, measured from the center of the barrel to the
lowest part of the rifle forward of the pistol grip.”
Once again this rule defines the max limits for anything below the barrel centerline including a barricade.
If your barricade extends more than 6” below the barrel centerline, it is in violation of this rule B.

I hope that I’ve made the rules for the different classes very clear. Let me know if I didn’t.

Regards,
Jeff Cloud
AAFTA Chairman

I don't see the advantage of a dimension lower than 3 inches from barrel centerline, but someone had to set rules. I don't compete anyway, it's all in the fun!
(Yes, the stock adapter comes off)

View attachment 427193
If it’s a good shooter, Take the bottle off… slap in a regulator. Totally legal to refill your tube during a match

Reactions: Loopster
Had a couple hours where the creative juices seemed to flow in a positive direction.
Done on the milling machine, bit of belt sander and an eye focused on wanted end result, we have an adjustable trigger blade / block for the THEOBEN MFR.
Trigger blade itself a take off / spare from ???
Any who, Finger pad Up/Down, Rotated left right & Taper / wedge rail can be swung left or right going outside the trigger guard. Blades LOP can go forward or rearward.

Generally a take on the ROWAN design with a tad more adjustablity.
2nd picture ... Installed in chassis, button head screw on rail cleans it up nicely.

20240206_164221.jpg
2b.jpg

Last edited:
Had a couple hours where the creative juices seemed to flow in a positive direction.
Done on the milling machine, bit of belt sander and an eye focused on wanted end result, we have an adjustable trigger blade / block for the THEOBEN MFR.
Trigger blade itself a take off / spare from ???
Any who, Finger pad Up/Down, Rotated left right & Taper / wedge rail can be swung left or right going outside the trigger guard. Blades LOP can go forward or rearward.

Generally a take on the ROWAN design with a tad more adjustablity.

View attachment 432985
Motorhead magic 🤩

This a case in point picture ... being my @ 6 season old custom BSA scorpion. Had made a support extending the fore stock with the very end near muzzle a V block placing Bi-pod yoke at the furthest distance from trigger guard, yet still sub 3"
Also a pic on how shot, stance, bi-pod etc ...

The RAW pistol could be shot in a similar way if set as such to do so ;)

View attachment 431037

View attachment 431038
I believe I have seen you shoot this on YouTube videos I have been watching lately. 🙂

Reactions: Motorhead