• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Thinking my WFTF Rifle and Pistol is about done ...

This being a .177 cal Theoben MFR in a RAW chassis running at <12 fpe, adjustable AR rear having adjustable comb & mechanical fingers butt plate ( No hook )
Old school link hamster and Knee cup sliding on a rail. Quality optics on top.
* Unscrew the Butt, Slide off the Hamster & twist off LDC & set scope at 12x it is a legal FT pistol ( Limited or Hunter ) in just minuets :love:

a15.jpg

Last edited:
while I understand your point about being able to switch from rifle to pistol.. I don't actually consider most PCP pistol actually a pistol.. for me what draws the line is put it in a holster.. so for me anything over 12" doesn't work for a pistol and 12" is a pretty big pistol.
also I shoot pistol freehand and I am sure your gun is very nice but I don't think you could shoot it even with 2 hands.. only saying this because I have a notos and it's 22" long with just the grips and I have to rest the air tube on something.. I couldn't figure out how to holster it being so long..
mark

Reactions: Centercut
while I understand your point about being able to switch from rifle to pistol.. I don't actually consider most PCP pistol actually a pistol.. for me what draws the line is put it in a holster.. so for me anything over 12" doesn't work for a pistol and 12" is a pretty big pistol.
also I shoot pistol freehand and I am sure your gun is very nice but I don't think you could shoot it even with 2 hands.. only saying this because I have a notos and it's 22" long with just the grips and I have to rest the air tube on something.. I couldn't figure out how to holster it being so long..
mark
We who shoot AAFTA follow the rules and as such "Pistol" per-say is played differently than a one hand type pistol one may relate to :cautious:
Optics are needed, as is a much more stable miens in holding and shooting when trying to knock down the steel targets of the FT game.

mark

While I had the most to do with Pistol FT rules as we now know them, I agree with you about what constitutes a pistol, Mark. Unfortunately I was only one of a Pistol Rules Committee of FIVE; so the rules we have are compromises between my (and your) wants versus those that lobbied for rifles with a pistol grip (and grip attachments amounting to a shoulder stock). Point is, it could be worse; and would have been had I not fought tooth and nail for some semblance of PISTOL in pistol FT rules.

Here are a couple more palatable examples of air pistols that would conform to what I lobbied for-
Corcorran P Rod.jpg

AP16 TFT.jpg

I'm not disagreeing at all with the rules of the competition.. what I do not like is the fact that entry level PCP pistol are I guess at best a hogleg if holstered.. I actually used to have a TC pistol with a rifle target barrel and yes it was accurate including a prior comment about having a scope.. and no I didn't even think about a holster, called it a pistol grip rifle short for a rifle but good for it's intended use..
I guess my main point is that you either have a choice of spending over $1000 for a large PCP pistol, or a pistol so large that I can't shoot single handed well for that matter double handed, or we could go to CO2 and get normal size pistols.. having PCP guns and compressor I really don't want to go to CO2, but I have always liked having a reasonable size pistol and I have several in 22lr.. the main point is that I like airguns and unfortunately most pistols are not suitable as a gun in a holster and this has been overlooked by manufacturers..
I have no problem with you using even a 4' long barrel on a gun with a pistol grip, I'm mostly saying that it won't comfortably fit in a holster..I do want to be clear that the gun pictured is a great gun and I think it is good if rules allow, that two guns are not required.. makes it easier and good to the people competing, saves them money and they ultimately get to practice with the same platform for both competitions and I think it ultimately makes them better with all they do..

now as far as a long barrel I'd love to see more rifles that have barrel as long as the airforce texan or possibly longer.. there's a reason why sharps were so accurate..
it's just been bugging me for a long time that there's basically nothing available.. with all the modern technology..
Mark

I have a P-Rod with a Regulated Bottle and because it extends 3 inches lower than barrel centerline did not qualify under AAFTA rules. MH, you are giving me Hope.
pm me if you want to.. I'm just really disappointed with the factory available options.. so I plan on changing it as best I can for myself and I'd like it if it helps others
mark

Reactions: Loopster
This being a .177 cal Theoben MFR in a RAW chassis running at <12 fpe, adjustable AR rear having adjustable comb & mechanical fingers butt plate ( No hook )
* Unscrew the Butt, Slide off the Hamster & twist off LDC & set scope at 12x it is a legal FT pistol ( Limited or Hunter ) in just minuets :love:

View attachment 426928
Looking good Scott!

View attachment 426928
thats a fine rig right there.

Reactions: markhooper