• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thinking I may try FX

As stated earlier. You will love the Royal. Superb fit and finish. Tons of shots before bbl need cleaning. This is my .177 that love jsb 10.3 @ 900 fps. Snipe starlings out to 85 yds with ease.
20220521_104444.1654204368.jpg
20220521_104430.1654204369.jpg

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Yes, I am open to options other than FX, including those from Eastern Europe.

I want to avoid "finicky" "quirky" or "complicated" and just go with simple, accurate, and reliable.

Of course, if I can get relatively convenient access to quality service/repair, that is to be appreciated as well. I'm in Arizona, USA.

Avoid Kalibrgun Cricket guns, their magazine loading system is "finicky","quirky", and "complicated"

If your set on a FX go for it, but you may want to look at the eastern made guns, Simple dependable and made to shoot, Veteran, Cricket, Vulcan, Uragan, If you just got to tune and play with it, The Prophet,

I look at the oring list on the FX Impact and think , Oh my so many thangs to go wrong and change out

Just my opinion about 2 cents worth..

Mike

I am not sure that it is even an issue, but the potential is there. It was one of the factors that nudged me away from FX.

If your set on a FX go for it, but you may want to look at the eastern made guns, Simple dependable and made to shoot, Veteran, Cricket, Vulcan, Uragan, If you just got to tune and play with it, The Prophet,

I look at the oring list on the FX Impact and think , Oh my so many thangs to go wrong and change out

Mike

I am not sure that it is even an issue, but the potential is there. It was one of the factors that nudged me away from FX.

Just remember that not all the orings are under pressure. With a combined 4 years of impact ownership I've replaced 3 orings, I know terrifying. Regs have never been touched and 1-2 of the orings were my fault on assembly after upgrading some parts.

Reactions: qball and DHart
I’m with @Glem.chally on this, all the Orings I’ve replaced on any of my FX guns were caused by me damaging them one way or another. Fortunately I bought a pack of orings for cheap and probably used 3-4 of them in 2 years. Out of those 2 were for breach I manage to blow out/chew up and 2 for the liners which I threw all of them away now and use carbon liner sleeves instead, I hate those orings. Across al my FX I probably shot north of 15,000 rounds (6-7k high power slugs) in last 2 years so definitely not built like a tank reliable. 

plus FX guns are super high maintenance because I cleaned my barrels (over a dozen) total of 3-4 times(not each) during this 2 years. When I did clean the barrels it was for troubleshooting but ended up really not needing any cleaning but had to “season” the barrel each time. The shroud however need periodic cleaning to get rid of all the lead dust buildup, my shrouds all have a ton of lead to be cleaned out every time. 

Regardless I’ll reiterate my warning to stay away from FX if you don’t want your wallet to take major hit. I was just trying to talk my friend out of selling his AA and get another FX, I have a feeling he will do that anyways.

Mike

Just remember that not all the orings are under pressure. With a combined 4 years of impact ownership I've replaced 3 orings, I know terrifying. Regs have never been touched and 1-2 of the orings were my fault on assembly after upgrading some parts.

Same here. I’ve had three Impacts and never had an O ring problem. To be honest, I’ve never had them in my Crowns, Wildcats or Dreamline either (and yes, I have, and have had, multiple Crowns and Wildcats). Now, I don’t often disassemble my rifles, mostly I just change calibers and adjust hammer spring tension, etc. But all this nonsense about “Oh my god, it has so many o rings is just what I said. Nonsense.

Every air gun has the potential to have a leak problem, but most air guns do not have a leak problem.

OK... fast forwarding to today. After 5 years of good service, I decided to let go of the Red Wolf .22 HP (nice, but too big, too heavy, too long) and the Brocock Bantam Sniper HR (old style bolt-action style cocking said "time to move on".) I bought both in 2018.

Today, I have a BRK Ghost Plus .22, which really "ticks the boxes" beautifully! Good move, Daystate/Brocock! Sweet rifle. Accurate, adjustable, compact, rugged, and simple.

52844544348_b12e532e2e_h.jpg

But I still have an itch to add an FX. I'd prefer to avoid the complexity of the Impact, and the design/form factor of the Maverick appeals to me. I won't be (don't want to be) tinkering much with it, but I will want to tune down the power for low-noise, close range, backyard shooting. Good choice???

I have a Dreamline Classic in .22 and it's a fantastic shooter using 15.89's or 18.13's.
Next level would be a Crown.
Bodacious... can you easily change the regulator pressure and the hammer spring weight without having to do any disassembly?

And, what are your settings for reg and hammer spring - for resulting FPS or FPE?

A Crown Continuum in .25 was my first PCP four months ago. It is the finest rifle I have owned. I still have the 380mm barrel on it and it is perfect for backyard duty. Quiet. Accurate. Light weight. Smooth action. I bought a heavy slug barrel for it in 700mm, but simply have not gotten around to switching out the shorter 380 barrel yet. I like walnut and the adjustable cheek riser takes out any eye box issue, regardless of the scope and mounts you use. Cannot recommend this rifle more highly for a beginning PCP'r. Every adjustment you might want to make is right on the rifle with a simple turn of a dial. Nothing complicated. True it's not black rifle tactical, but you already have one of those in the Ghost. So, unless you want a bullpup, the traditional Crown will scratch any itch you have. Took out a dozen starlings, grackles and sparrows this morning in my back yard.

sniper hide Crown.jpg

Reactions: DHart and Jlowe
A Crown Continuum in .25 was my first PCP four months ago. It is the finest rifle I have owned. I still have the 380mm barrel on it and it is perfect for backyard duty. Quiet. Accurate. Light weight. Smooth action. I bought a heavy slug barrel for it in 700mm, but simply have not gotten around to switching out the shorter 380 barrel yet. I like walnut and the adjustable cheek riser takes out any eye box issue, regardless of the scope and mounts you use. Cannot recommend this rifle more highly for a beginning PCP'r. Every adjustment you might want to make is right on the rifle with a simple turn of a dial. Nothing complicated. True it's not black rifle tactical, but you already have one of those in the Ghost. So, unless you want a bullpup, the traditional Crown will scratch any itch you have. Took out a dozen starlings, grackles and sparrows this morning in my back yard.

View attachment 351547
Very nice, beautiful rifle, for sure! I am looking more for another bull pup style, though... just more nimble and handy.