• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thinking I may try FX

My Brocock Bantam HR .22 isn't giving me quite the accuracy I might like. And the cocking action (at least compared to my Red Wolf) is quite less than wonderful. So, I was thinking I might try an FX model, in place of my Bantam HR .22. My Red Wolf HP .22 is excellent, but I'm hoping to find a more compact and less costly option to use along with the Red Wolf.

What FX .22 caliber model would you recommend that is VERY accurate, relatively potent, relatively fuss-free (I don't want to be micro-tweaking into the sunset) and fairly compact?

Models I was thinking I might consider include:

Wildcat III

Dreamline Classic

Dreamline Lite

Dreamline Bullpup

Bobcat

TI2

Which of those rings the bell with ease?

If your set on a FX go for it, but you may want to look at the eastern made guns, Simple dependable and made to shoot, Veteran, Cricket, Vulcan, Uragan, If you just got to tune and play with it, The Prophet,

I look at the oring list on the FX Impact and think , Oh my so many thangs to go wrong and change out

Just my opinion about 2 cents worth..

Mike

Reactions: Stone02
I have a FX impact m3 in .25 and a Vulcan 3 in 22, the Vulcan cost nothing to tune to high power to shoot slugs just reg adjustments and it shoots like a laser it really is so accurate, With the FX i have had to spend a fair amount to get to high power again for slugs but still need to spend more to get it anywhere near to the V3 on accuracy, Having said that i still love both guns for me the V3 settings will never be touched again but the FX is a different story but i like messing and learning to get the best out of it…

WC MKIII BT hits all your Bullitt points, with future upgrade options.

Patrick

100% agree with this. I am very happy with mine. I got the VP edition because I had a bunch of other FX parts lying around that i was easily able to interchange. It went from a .22 VP to a .25 Compact with a Slug Power Kit. Very powerful (over 65 FPE) and very accurate (.64 MOA at 50 yards. ) 

What FX .22 caliber model would you recommend that is VERY accurate, relatively potent, relatively fuss-free (I don't want to be micro-tweaking into the sunset) and fairly compact?

Models I was thinking I might consider include:

Wildcat III

Dreamline Classic

Dreamline Lite

Dreamline Bullpup

Bobcat

TI2

Which of those rings the bell with ease?

If you go Bobcat, and its a great choice, make sure its Mk2, not the original or Mk1. Its a reliability thing and ease of maintenance thing. Mk2 easy to fix and reliable. Mk1 not so much... 

I've had several of each of the leading brands. If you want a nice compliment to your Red Wolf get a Huntsman Revere Regulated. Superior build quality to FX, lightweight and accurate, good with air. 

Honestly the Benjamin Aktos or their other Turkish made guns are equivalent to FX in build quality... sharp edges, plastic magazines, less than perfect actions but accurate and efficient. I just don't think an FX will ever be "nice" or associated with the best quality. They are creative though! 

I did have a Wildcat II in 22 that was a good shooter and I liked the Crown MkII I tried. Dreamline was accurate but the action was grinding and the Impact II I had was a nightmare of complex design, dozens of tiny parts all waiting to shake loose. Probably the older Royales are pretty good.