Thinking About The Second Gun/s

I'm really enjoying the pcp air gunning and have definitely got the bug. I visit this sight every morning with a cup of espresso as part of my daily routine. I've had a Prod for a while now I bought used from a fellow member. I've done plenty of research on tuning and moding the gun. Currently it has the Bstaley oring mod and does well, good numbers, and the gun shoots exactly where I point it :) I know I can (Why the auto italics?) sink a ton of money into this gun and the consensus I've found is at the end of the day it is still a Prod. Don't get me wrong I do love my Crosman/Benjamin guns. I still use my 1377 and 2240; the Prod has become my go to gun.

Not only read the reviews, but ALSO...watch the videos in YouTube. They can be very helpful.
Some guys are good to watch and give good detail. Some guys are so-so in detail, read with a grain of salt...as they say. Some guys...you won't be able to watch for more than a couple of minutes..!

The more you watch, the more you will be able to weed out the ones, that don't offer much.

Mike

Like others have stated do your due diligence. There are many really sweet PCPs out there now. Choices, choices. Maybe on your next go round, a PCP that you don't have to Mod? Something you take out the box and just use? Lots of real world use of PCPs here on AGN by guys/gals who actually purchase and use their PCPs over the course of months or years. Good luck on your quest.

Hmmm... half of my post didn't make it. Is there a character limit with this improved site? I hit post and didn't look at what posted till now. I appreciate the replies guys. What I went on to say is what I was looking for was a traditional style rifle in .22, regulated so I can get consistent velocities and long shot strings. Yes I am looking for something to shoot right out of the box, however if possible an unfinished stock so I can shape to grip. I was thinking Hawke glass since the RDS on the Prod has done so well. Suggestions? My backyard range is only 30yds so I don't need anything too extravagant. I'm about to sell my boat since I never seem to have the time to take it out or the money to feed the 2 stroke Mercury 150. They call those 2 thirsty for a reason! Should get about 6k for it, a tidy sum for a gun or two I was thinking :) I wouldn't mind getting another pistol, regulated if possible, as well. Something with a little better balance than the Prod. What are some good sites to check out? I know there is plenty of uninformative garbage out there. I'm up to about 5 pounds of shot lead now from the indoor range, yes I'm way down the hole ha ha.

In the PCP world, there are not many "traditional style" rifles. I have a Daystate Revere in .22, and I think it comes as close as you will find to meeting that definition. It's a cylinder gun, so the shot count is not exceptional, but certainly adequate for most needs. It's regulated, and most are very accurate. It's lighter than most PCP rifles, so it should be a good field gun. I like mine a lot. The good news, it is generally a rifle that is ready to go out of the box, no tinkering needed. The bad news, like most Daystate rifles, it's not very user friendly for adjustment to HST or reg setting. So, if you are a tinkerer by nature, it might not be your best choice. I don't think you will find a rifle available with an unfinished stock, but if a traditional, sporter style stock generally fits you, then you shouldn't need to do anything to the Revere.