• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

thinking about a new gun

yes, yes i know . there are tons of guns about to choose from, and, what is it for? i will narrow it down. i am looking for a powerful semi bullpup/ carbine that has LW or CZ barrel thet can handle jsb's h&n's and NSA slugs. it would be nice to have power settings but not critical. looking for gun in the 30-33" length without mod. 22 cal.

so i narrowed it to these

vulcan tactical

edgun matador r5m long

kalibrgun colibri

ataman m2r tactical

brocock bamtam sniper hr

i am having trouble finding info on the colibri,vulcan, and ataman. limited reviews and dealers. there is a spread of about $500 in price between these guns . anyone have information on these? i know the brocock, i have it in 25 cal. thanks

• Don't know much about the Ataman but all of the other guns you listed are pretty darn sweet. That's a pretty well thought out list, I don't think you'll hear much negativity about any of them. Hopefully Brian will chime in. I'm sure he's shot most or all of these and I know he has at least one sweet Matador he posted pictures of a while back. He and others can give you a lot more technical data than I can. 
  • I have a Bantam HiLite and although it's obviously not the Sniper, my boys and I absolutely love it. The trigger is good, not great and it's not as adjustable as I'd want(I like light triggers) but other than that, it's simply awesome...and it's not even regulated like the new one. In .22 cal. we get about 65+ shots and accuracy is top notch throughout the whole string. It's balanced, light, accurate, has a high shot count and is very quiet with a NC LDC on it. The new Sniper is probably much better! As a result of the R&D for the Sniper regulator, Huma is coming out with a drop in regulator for the Bantam Hi-Lite. I'll spend $90 on that any day, hopefully it will make the Bantam Hi-Lite on par with the Sniper, we'll see. Sorry I got off track.
  • Never shot a Kalibrgun, so I can't help you there but it seems that everything posted about them is really good! The Vulcan and Matador are about as cool as they come. They're both highly regarded, super accurate powerhouses, reliable, durable and sexy as hell! The R5M Long will probably be my next gun, the forward, ambidextrous charging handle sealed the deal for me because I'm a leftie. The video of a truck running over the Matador didn't hurt either, just rad! I love everything about it, can't find any flaws and on top of everything else, I've heard great things about Edgun West which is where I think I'd buy. 
  • I'm sure someone will chime in with the names of some dealers for you for the Colibri, Vulcan and Ataman(Pyramyd, Airgun Depot?). That's something to definitely keep in mind in case you ever have problems with the gun. Buy from someone with a great reputation and willingness to back the product if a problem were ever to arise. Great customer service goes a long way in my book and is almost as important as the gun's features when making a buying decision.
  • I'm sure you'll be happy with any of your listed choices. Be sure to let us all know when you finally decide on a gun and be sure to post some pictures when you get it set up. I hope although my response isn't filled with technical data that it gives you a little more to think about. Stoti

i see michael, i guess that's why i could find very little on it. i did research on all of these for about 8 hours and i find the kalibregun cricket has a copper tube assembly to the regulator i am not real big on. so that leaves the edgun matador , brocock bantam sniper , and the vulcan tactical. honestly, i like all about the same but the brocock is the least expensive of the three, and i am leaning that way for now. but i greatly appreciate all input on the subject. thanks AGN!