• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Things I love about spring near the Rockies

That's funny you captured in the video the target getting ripped off the stand and flying away!

Ha, that is my world about 4-5 days a week here west of you in northern AZ and pretty much from March until the monsoon comes in July. Except you're much braver practicing in those conditions. I kinda hate being outside when its that windy.

I did some FT practice in 8-15 mph last week and got decent at hitting the 50 and 55Y KZ's then comes the night match and it was almost calm. Figures that would happen huh?!

Reactions: thomasair
I could be a reverse snowbird in Colorado , maybe july and august only ?
We maybe got a foot of snow total all last winter, and it was gone in a day or two. Drive an hour east from here and you’ll get a ton of snow. Late August to early November is my favorite time of year here. 60-80 degree daytime temps and clear blue sky.

Reactions: beerthief
It is raining by the bucketful at Raton, right now. They are way behind on moisture and every drop is needed. We have our kid's rifle team competition this weekend and temps are in the 60's with rain and hail. Down home on the other end of the state, it's 100 degrees. Makes for energetic atmosphere, for sure. We had a funnel cloud yesterday right outside Raton.

I am with Mike, autumn in the Rockies can't be beaten. It is the best times.

18177.jpeg

Reactions: Loufish