• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thicker Plastic Washer for WIKA Regulator Gauge of FX Impact

"Bonzai"Thank you Guys. I have an extra o-ring and try that first.
If using an o-ring be sure the OD is as close to the threads as possible, and with the smallest ID as possible. I think O-rings in pressure situations are actually meant to be contained with-in a "groove" for proper seal. With high pressure there is nothing preventing the ID of the o-ring from moving inward as the pressure attempts to get by the sides of the o-ring, thus allowing it to "get by" and leak.

Agree with BTB, after I added the second regulated pressure gauge to my Royale I had some trouble getting it to seal even with a home made delrin washer dropped in first. I tried a loose fitting O-ring and that didn't seal 100%. I pulled that O-ring and found one I had to work to the bottom as it fit really snug against the threads. Wallaw, it work and sealed 100%.
JK

Ideally this is what you want the bottom of gauge to look like. If you could put the gauge in a lathe and cut the ends of threads like this, it would stop the o-ring from moving when under pressure. I think a small washer the OD the same as o-ring ID, just slightly thinner then the o-ring, would work also.
This is a Benjamin gauge port adapter.

One other way to use orings in a similar situation is to use 2 or even 3 that are concentric with the outer one being the maximum size that will fit In a threaded hole, the outer one can be damaged by the pressure pushing it against the thread so check it occasionally. When I was doing the camera housings we were in remote areas where there wasn’t a near by store and we quickly learned to improvise.Remember to use silicone grease on the rings it will make them more effective and the drying out will be delayed.

I wanted to add that I tried o-rings first but could never get it to seal so that's when i go the plastic washer from FX. They are quite thick. Something like .5-1mm? Give or take. One of those plus the # 5 o-ring did the trick. That # 5 o-ring might not be the perfect size for it but it's working. i'll try and get a more precise one soon.

FYI: There is no more plastic washer in the Impact MKII PP. It is X-ring 3,63 x 2,62 NBR 70, part B34, number: 19762

X-ring.1605192617.jpeg