• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thermal scope too cheap to pass on?

OwlSet CO50
I have been given an offer to buy a used demo thermal scope, a OwlSet CO50 for €2000 (USD 2160).
I don't have much use for a thermal scope at the moment but brand new the price is around €3500 ($3780).
Is this one of those too good to pass up on deals? Scope was used for demo purposes at IWA 2023, so can probably be described as basically brand new.
It has 1-8 digital zoom or you can attach it to the front of a scope.
Does anyone own one? Is it any good? I can't find any reviews or anything on it since it's so new.
Screenshot 2023-05-26 020916.jpg

Its better to find a use for something that you don't need than it is to need something that you don't have.
Oh that's going in my quote memory for sure!👀🤗🎩🤙
*edit;it was already in there technically
Tis better to have and not need than to need and not have(widely applicable)

I have to agree with the other guys. If you got the extra laying around, get it. From the looks it set up about like the AGM. ( except the scope mounting ) Advice, buy a rechargeable battery pack. The cr123 batteries are not cheap. I have a battery pack and the rechargeable cr123 for my AGM Rattler. I don’t use my thermal a lot, but I got it to use when I wanna.

Reactions: JamesD.
Its better to find a use for something that you don't need than it is to need something that you don't have.
My personal motto is: It's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.
This can apply to pretty much everything in your life, but it's still a large amount of money for me that I could use to buy more airguns I will never use 🤔

Reactions: Dairyboy
My personal motto is: It's better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.
This can apply to pretty much everything in your life, but it's still a large amount of money for me that I could use to buy more airguns I will never use 🤔
A little late, but I just looked up that unit. Did you get it?

Given it has a 12 micron 640 sensor with <35netd sensitivity, a 50mm lens, and can be used as a scope/clip-on/scanner I think that is a great price. The 1x base mag is interesting, with that size lens, and a 12 micron sensor, one would think it should be 3x or a little more on base mag. Given it can be used as a clip on, that is decent amount of demag and would probably work at least decently/ok up to 9+x with day scope using it as a clip on in front of a scope. Given it is designed for scope/clip-on/scanner all in one probably means some compromises were made, but with it's specs I'd jump on it if you have the money. If you decide after getting it you don't want it, you should be able to get most if not all of your money back selling it quickly.

A little late, but I just looked up that unit. Did you get it?

Given it has a 12 micron 640 sensor with <35netd sensitivity, a 50mm lens, and can be used as a scope/clip-on/scanner I think that is a great price. The 1x base mag is interesting, with that size lens, and a 12 micron sensor, one would think it should be 3x or a little more on base mag. Given it can be used as a clip on, that is decent amount of demag and would probably work at least decently/ok up to 9+x with day scope using it as a clip on in front of a scope. Given it is designed for scope/clip-on/scanner all in one probably means some compromises were made, but with it's specs I'd jump on it if you have the money. If you decide after getting it you don't want it, you should be able to get most if not all of your money back selling it quickly.
Saw this reply now.
I didn't get it. I know it'd just be a fun toy to show friends and I'd basically never use it. I regret not buying it but at the same time I know I'll never use it for anything practical as my main hobby is benchrest and no need for thermal there. I will be asking if there are any cheap demo products on offer after this years IWA as well. I might snag myself something if there is anything cool to be found.
I will be launching my youtube channel this year and have spent most of my budget already so not sure how much extra I can spend on toys that will never pay for themselves.