• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thermal on .22 Leshiy 2 works on red fox

Put the Talion on the Leshiy 2 when I take my dog out. There’s always something running around in the pasture. Put a 22 grain Zan slug in its head at 85 yards. He dropped right there! Got it on video through the thermal too. I didn’t forget about the record button, lol!

IMG_6432.jpeg

IMG_6434.jpeg

40 yard zero. I held like 2 mils, or tried to.
@Heyboy That’s what I was wondering. Looks like decent shot placement in the video. Also sounds like you sent a follow-up shot for good measure. Nicely done. I’d looked at that scope a couple times. I like the size and weight, but I wish they’d integrated a LRF on the Talion.

@Heyboy That’s what I was wondering. Looks like decent shot placement in the video. Also sounds like you sent a follow-up shot for good measure. Nicely done. I’d looked at that scope a couple times. I like the size and weight, but I wish they’d integrated a LRF on the Talion.
No follow up, I was gonna but I saw the helicopter tail and nothing sounds like a zan when you hit something in the head. It’s a hollow musical note, lol
I know, distance at night is tough, I’m saving up the $ for he new Thermion HD LRF.

No follow up, I was gonna but I saw the helicopter tail and nothing sounds like a zan when you hit something in the head. It’s a hollow musical note, lol
@Heyboy Then I must be mistaken. I heard something that sounded like what I thought was a shot after the first shot. Either way, looks like you got it done efficiently. Your L2 looks long in the photo. Which moderator did you have affixed to it?

@Heyboy Then I must be mistaken. I heard something that sounded like what I thought was a shot after the first shot. Either way, looks like you got it done efficiently. Your L2 looks long in the photo. Which moderator did you have affixed to it?
It was originally a 350mm with the tri lug behemoth. I put a 450 barrel with the Huma reg and bottom metal and I added the reflex behemoth kit and another behemoth section. I never changed the 350 mm picatinny hand guard though. It looks like a frankin- lesh. It works. I’ve spent a bunch of time just shooting and hunting with it.

It was originally a 350mm with the tri lug behemoth. I put a 450 barrel with the Huma reg and bottom metal and I added the reflex behemoth kit and another behemoth section. I never changed the 350 mm picatinny hand guard though. It looks like a frankin- lesh. It works. I’ve spent a bunch of time just shooting and hunting with it.
It is a bit of a franken-lesh setup, but I like it. How much power is it putting out in this configuration? What is your reg set to? And what type of magazine do you use for the 22grn zans? Metal or Polymer, pellet or slug?

My current setup is .25cal / 350mm but have been considering a .22 setup, and haven't seen much of .22cal slugs in the field.
Thanks for sharing

The Zans are .219 diameter and it’s the Alpha barrel. My reg is at 156 bar. I think the jets are .3? I haven’t changed them. I bought the kit but they work awesome from edgun west’s setup. It’s shooting
45 ft/lbs. I use the metal pellet mag. It shoots 22-30 grn slugs almost identical. Zan ate the cheapest besides NSA. I gave AVS but they are expensive. The NSA work but have erratic sizes. I haven’t gotten around to sizing them. I also have M&P and NOE moulds but still need to do some development as far as alloy and sizing.

Here is a PDF from my chronograph

View attachment Leshiy-2-22gn-Zan.pdf

Last edited: