• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Thermal Monocular Suggestions

ive looked at 'monoculars', and every time i do im like 'why dont you just get a thermal scope' .. its gonna work just as good imo and its already on something you can just pull the trigger on .. oh i guess you could make the case 'its easier to pan and scan around with a handheld monocular' well 'dont' mount it on a gun then lol ..but still, you have that option .. for about the same money ...anyway, to me its a no-brainer, unless i missed some all important aspect of why i would want a monocular that most likely will be a 2000$ piece of hardware i might use occasionally butspends most of its life sitting in the bottom of the bag unused lol .. theyoutube guys make it look goodthough right? thats not real world .. thats them piling up garbage somewhere and breeding rats to make videos and showcasing how they 'spotted' them with a monocular lol .. nah, get a scope, thats my recommend, lol

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
In some states in the US (e.g. California) it is illegal to mount a thermal scope to a rifle.
It seems California ought to become it's own country, complete with a border, since their lawmakers cannot seem to comprehend nor follow the U.S. citizens' rights and state government requirements established in the U.S. Constitution.

Thermal scope hunting guidelines, by state...

Reactions: Hapo
ive looked at 'monoculars', and every time i do im like 'why dont you just get a thermal scope' .. its gonna work just as good imo and its already on something you can just pull the trigger on .. oh i guess you could make the case 'its easier to pan and scan around with a handheld monocular' well 'dont' mount it on a gun then lol ..but still, you have that option .. for about the same money ...anyway, to me its a no-brainer, unless i missed some all important aspect of why i would want a monocular that most likely will be a 2000$ piece of hardware i might use occasionally butspends most of its life sitting in the bottom of the bag unused lol .. theyoutube guys make it look goodthough right? thats not real world .. thats them piling up garbage somewhere and breeding rats to make videos and showcasing how they 'spotted' them with a monocular lol .. nah, get a scope, thats my recommend, lol

I use the scanner much more than I use the scope. Who wants to scan with an 6-10+ pound rifle? Even with the gun on a tripod the constant waddling back and forth to scan is tiresome. Unless the purchased scanner is a real POS, I can't imagine it living unused in the bottom of a bag.

So this is the just my point of view. Hope it helps you. Yes I have one. I use it almost daily day and night. I am currently looking for a new rifle to put it on.

SightMark wraith mini 2-16x35 thermal rifle scope. Yes it a rifle scope but its just as small as a monocular. It is a base power of 2 and can record sound and video. Its a base model that works well. Comes in under 2000 bucks if you do your part shopping around and getting coupons. I have a QD mount on mine and scan with it then drop it back on the rifle if I see something that needs to be dead. I currently have it on a avenger 22 but am looking to upgrade to something better. Smaller so on. Its 384x288 and I think it works great *( for the money)

It seems California ought to become it's own country, complete with a border, since their lawmakers cannot seem to comprehend nor follow the U.S. citizens' rights and state government requirements established in the U.S. Constitution.

Thermal scope hunting guidelines, by state...

...I had never even considered the legal issues...:oops: