There's nothing like a Diabolo pellet

Some may have gotten bit by the slug bug, but I'm staying true to what has been working for me since day 1. And that's a good ole Jsb Diabolo pellet! I'm good from close range out to as far I can accurately shoot. I'm not fond of slinging these bullets basically (slugs) for airguns that's defeating the purpose of what a airgun and or pellet gun is.

Another great reason to shoot airguns is being able to shoot in the backyard without disturbing neighbors, or causing unwanted attention! "Can't do that with BP's that's why I sold all my PB's to fund my airgun addition." 

Lastly, the energy retained down range with a pellet compared to a slug is night and day with the slug carrying tremendous energy. So with that being said I choose to stick with a safer more ideal ammo selection that is just as if not more accurate than a slug... IMO 

Be safe shoot safe and Happy Holidays to all

There might be a place in the industry for a hollow based round nose low sectional density design much like a foster slug. I have often wondered why I have not seen such yet. Something about the same weight and length as the average diabolo but with no waist.

They would be easier to manufacture than slugs or diabolos.

I agree to a point, but slugs have a place also. I like to just plink, but I also pest and I appreciate the knock down power of a 25 grain slug to anchor pigeons. I have shot a lot of pigeons with 18 grain pellets that fly off, not so with slugs, so I shoot slugs in just one of my airguns and pellets in the others. Just saying.

I guess I should say 'never say never' because I do appreciate a devastating knockdown shot on pests.

Me, I mostly shoot slugs with no desire to shoot pellets any longer. They always come the right size and weight so do not need sorted. They carry more FPE and retain velocity far better downrange than a pellet will. They are also just as accurate as a pellet even more so at longer distances. Since I am most often shooting at 100-200 yards with variable winds involved slugs rule.

Then again when I choose to shoot closer than 100 yards, usually my pistols at 50 yards, pellets do the the job just fine. They are definitely the winner when the possibility of any kind of damage to surrounding buildings or machinery could result by shooting slugs. They are usually comparable to slugs in accuracy out o 50 yards, a bit further, if there is no wind.

So, I guess it kind of depends on what and where I am shooting which projectile I will shoot. Cuz I will shoot whatever is best suited for the job. It's really a great thing we have such a diversity in our choices of ammo these days. How things have changed!

One of the best things about our ammo and barrel choices, as of late, is that my .25 Impact 700 slug A barrel shoots the JSB heavies just as well as the NSA and VK slugs. Darn near a laser out to 100 yards. Hard to beat that it is definitely a winning combination,

I want everyone to shoot slugs...so there will be more pellets in stock when I need to order them
1f60b.svg

Im with you on that. LOL

I'm mostly happy with pellets, it's what I will shoot in my PCP's at normal distances.

At some point I want to experiment with slugs for benchrest and long range. The slugs I've shot so far, and seen in some friends guns, exhibit large flyers, except in the Thomas HPX using proprietary swaged slugs, which is what I'm aiming at - pun intended.

I'm mostly happy with pellets, it's what I will shoot in my PCP's at normal distances.

At some point I want to experiment with slugs for benchrest and long range. The slugs I've shot so far, and seen in some friends guns, exhibit large flyers, except in the Thomas HPX using proprietary swaged slugs, which is what I'm aiming at - pun intended.

I'm almost entirely "happy" with pellets. I will never become a regular slug shooter because I have rimfire and centerfire options for what a slug can do from an airgun. But the slugs I've tried (NSA) have shot very well in 3 air rifles-Pulsar(feeding issues from CARM magazine in 12.5 gr. but fed perfectly from factory mag), HW100 (feeding issues from the mag), and Condor. They have their place and many will prefer them. Might not be for everyone but they are apparently "the thing" for many. Great to have options.

Pellets and away we go, you see I just want to put air in rifle and pellets in magazine and bingo down range it goes. I have to calculate construction stuff in my day job and calculate shipping and listing costs on ebay store at night so when I shoot I want to pick up a rifle and shooting 30 cal 70 to 85 fee down range with jsb 44’s works fine.

Sounds like someone needs to do a better job cleaning their barrel and or checking pellet deformity.