• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

There IS a dark side:

And I have found it.

Greetings. I have been shooting powder burners and airguns my entire life. From the air side, I started out with the Daisy like all kids did in the 60s. I graduated to a Crossman 760 pump where I learned to shoot the balls of of a fly at 25 yards. I then kept a 1377 with stock until I tried an HW-35 springer... I was hooked.

My mistake??? I walked into airguns of AZ one day a few months ago.. I could not resist... I have always wanted to try PCP Airguns since I realized the technology was stable and viable. I recently sold the springer. I went back to Airguns of AZ just to look.

I'm a couple years short of retirement, and now have a nice starter set-up. I walked out of there broke, with the wife giving me "that look". I Now have a Weihrauch HW100 carbine in .22 with the thumbhole stock. It's topped with a MTC Viper Pro Tactical scope. I bought a Umarex compressor to fill it. Add a few thousand rounds of pellets and I am in business. I'm running one ragged hole at 25 yards right now with multiple shots. Wow...

I cannot say enough kind words about the folks in Airguns of AZ. I'm glad it's a few hour drive from home. If it was closer, I would really be in trouble.

The sickness begins. I figure this HW100 will carry me for a few years. Maybe I'll even get it tuned at some point. For my retirement, I'll get a top of the line model like a lot of you all run once I figure out what I really like.

I'm piloto and I now have an airgun problem...

Great gun to begin your newest (PCP) airgun obsession. I have the identical gun and the Weihrauch's, while not grabbing a lot of headlines as 'latest and greatest', are just so well designed and built. Really pleasant airguns to shoot, and with the accuracy potential to make things all that much more fun. I've now had both an HW100 and an HW110, and never found the need to 'tune' either of them. They remind me of Daystates in a way - The manufacturer took extra time to set them up to shoot really well, before boxing them up and shipping them out. Not something one can say about all airgun brands, where tuning seems more left to the buyer.

Yes, I'm down to only 1 springer in my collection - a Weihrauch HW 30S which once again is so well built and shoots so nicely (especially due to its lower power) that I couldn't bear to part with it.

Congratulations on your new gun, and welcome. Like you I am quite happy that AoA is not physically conveniently accessible to me, although their customer service and their easy access electronic access has already done much damage to my bank account!

went through a similar process.

got interested from youtube videos (twang and bang) and then started shopping. had several rifles in my cart at various times over a few years, but when i added bottles and compressor and everything else i thought i would need, i balked at the final number and emptied my cart.

eventually the price of ammo for my powder burners got so high that the price in my cart wasn't as shocking, and so here i am, lol.

Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 08-26-18 5638598_welcome_to_the_dark_side_we_have_cookies.png PNG Ima...png

^^^ Yeah, Daystate, FX and Edgun have my attention. Give me a few years, sooner if I wear out the HW100.

That said, OMG... Holy Crap!

Up until today, the furthest I've ever landed a pellet on an actual small target has been roughly 35 yards. So, I drove out to the country today and tried 50 yards... I got bored. So I walked out to 100. My laser range finder had it at 100.7 yards. Winds variable from 5-15 mph. Temp was 80* at a 2000' elevation. It took four shots t get it bracketed as I had NO IDEA where they would land... A LOT more drop than I expected. Once I got bracketed... BOOM! This is 100 yards. Not a biggie for you guys, but a first for me out of an air gun. The three in the center where when I waited for the wind to calm down. Standing with the gun resting on the bedside of the truck... JSB Exact 14.35 grain.

I like this thing...

IMG_0401.1649281817.jpg

The target, 100 yards up the hill.

IMG_0400.1649285254.jpg