Wow this does bring back a lot of memories.
After my R1, the next airgun was the Theoben Sirocco Deluxe.
But I pick a special edition.... The Promethus Edition....
It came with an unchoke barrel made to shoot the Promethus Nylon skirted pellet...
The pellets was either hi-Speed zinc core or heavy lead core...
The lite pellets was supersonic.. also left some nylon fouling behind.
They could punch hole through pennies @15 yards....
I have a couple of packs of pellets laying around, I will need to post a couple of photos.
Btw..the last break-barrel.. was a Crow-magnum II, sitting in my gunsafe....
I have both .177 & .22 Prometheus pellets in my collection also. Very often I see people talk about fouling with these pellets, nothing more is usually needed then to fire 2-3 lead pellets down the barrel to clean out at least 95% of the residue.

Reactions: crowski
I love these as well. I have a very special Sirocco myself. Serial #001. With Ben Taylor’s name and extensive design engraved into the metal work. It’s one of my most prized rifles.

Rob.
Does it have a Webley barrel and BSA trigger? Surprised #001 is here in the states. I've had my Sirocco 35 years. I passed on the other models because they're just too heavy for carrying. It had a .20 barrel but I had Davis switch it out for a .177. No regrets.

BTW....If you need replacement parts..seals.
We still one resource.....
David Slade @ Airgunwerks.
He bought out a lot of spares when theoben was shutting down..... Also he did the same with Beeman's when they shut down...
He specialized in the Gas-Rams system.. and all Theoben models... Since he was TheobenUSA, official US distributor
I don't think he will sell you parts unless he does the repair.

I believe most would be happier with the lighter and more manageable Theoben rammers. Very nice to carry and use. Unfortunately not many ever available. Eliminator owners may not enjoy to carry and use them for the weight. Is that why so many are offered up in near mint condition?
I would jump on another Sirocco, Crusader, or Fenman any day. I have little interest in an Eliminator or a 90. I see them offered frequently.
My 2 cents ain't worth a dime

I believe most would be happier with the lighter and more manageable Theoben rammers. Very nice to carry and use. Unfortunately not many ever available. Eliminator owners may not enjoy to carry and use them for the weight. Is that why so many are offered up in near mint condition?
I would jump on another Sirocco, Crusader, or Fenman any day. I have little interest in an Eliminator or a 90. I see them offered frequently.
My 2 cents ain't worth a dime
I would love to find a deal on Crusader in .20.
Evolution in .177 is a very nice woods walker too!
I love mine.
IMG_20220826_102720.jpg

Reactions: rigbymauser