Theoben SLR98

Got my most treasured airgun out for inspection and a fresh coat of museum wax. You will quickly notice that there is no scope. Never has been. I don't shoot it but it has been cleaned and lubed by an expert - the man who was caretake of this exquisite piece before me; @Lewis. I know, I know some of you would say it must be operated and used. I can't defend myself to all of you who say this. I just know that I can't bear to risk any damage to it because it is still pristine. I'm no collector - just the next caretaker of this airgun until the next owner comes by.

IMG_3441.1654460111.JPG
IMG_3439.1654460112.JPG
IMG_3444.1654460112.JPG
IMG_3448.1654460113.JPG
IMG_3445.1654460115.JPG
IMG_3442.1654460115.JPG
IMG_3449.1654460117.JPG
IMG_3453.1654460118.JPG
IMG_3446.1654460160.JPG
IMG_3447.1654460161.JPG

Having been a huge Theoben fan for many years, there is nothing I appreciate more then one of their vintage gas rams. I’m not sure how many I’ve owned over the years, certainly over a dozen. One was an almost mint 88 field target, factory thumb hole.

I shoot all my rifles. That’s just me. I understand your desire to keep yours perfect.

I have a suggestion and I mean this with all due respect. When you pull your rifle out to clean it up and admire it. You should load it and shoot some pellets. Even if you don’t scope it. It’s a mechanical device. A highly refined mechanical device. Those parts need to move. I wouldn’t have those bearing surfaces sitting for 10 years with no movement.

If you do consider this option, you might as well make it fun. Enjoy the exquisite trigger when you pull it and the refinement of the mechanism as it cycles.

Posted with only good intentions. Nice rifle! As always.

mike 

This is the last one I will ever sell. It is a Frankenstein. The 20 caliber barrel came from a crow magnum. The stock came from a 22. I refinished it. It’s pretty much perfect.

mike

Theoben equals English art that shoots.

Sorry, picture won’t load.

Having been a huge Theoben fan for many years, there is nothing I appreciate more then one of their vintage gas rams. I’m not sure how many I’ve owned over the years, certainly over a dozen. One was an almost mint 88 field target, factory thumb hole.

I shoot all my rifles. That’s just me. I understand your desire to keep yours perfect.

I have a suggestion and I mean this with all due respect. When you pull your rifle out to clean it up and admire it. You should load it and shoot some pellets. Even if you don’t scope it. It’s a mechanical device. A highly refined mechanical device. Those parts need to move. I wouldn’t have those bearing surfaces sitting for 10 years with no movement.

If you do consider this option, you might as well make it fun. Enjoy the exquisite trigger when you pull it and the refinement of the mechanism as it cycles.

Posted with only good intentions. Nice rifle! As always.

mike 

This is the last one I will ever sell. It is a Frankenstein. The 20 caliber barrel came from a crow magnum. The stock came from a 22. I refinished it. It’s pretty much perfect.

mike

Theoben equals English art that shoots.

Sorry, picture won’t load.

This ^^^^^^^