Theoben MFR Review

Ok with so many Theoben fans out there, passionate about their rifles, I am taking a huge risk reviewing the Theoben MFR in my own style.

Overall I love the rifle, it is beautiful to shoot, has an amazing trigger and super quiet.

Just a shame I had a problem with a 5p O-Ring

Hopefully I can do a follow up video with some better shooting / accuracy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zErP6YR6Waw

Thanks, love all theobens.

I've not seen one that wasn't stamped on the left side but I am in the US.
As far as parts ( at least in the US but I'd think the UK & .... ) Rapidairweapons will do any all upgrades - quick fill v-block/other and any other part.

Anyone in the US reading this one I would like to say the MKII .25 is junk & you should take whatever money I'll give you for one. ( KIDDING folks, gosh I liked the old MKII ).

John

Theoben is one of my favorite rifles. Having AZ worked ones is a dream. RAW in the USA made by Martin from Theoben UK carries on the THEOBEN quality with his twist.

The UK has parts available for the Original Theoben MFR.

Set back for me was the removal of the bottle to fill.

Several work around for this as was mention in the video of the fill block high flow fill foster and gauge for the fill pressure and references to the psi left in the bottle.

Correct nitrox or divers silicone lube on the orings has good results.

Regulators can bypass and loss of air pressure.resulting in bottle psi loss. Hand tighten is all that is required by design.

One of the best air rifles out there. Simple to work on and seal kits are available.

Currentlystill have the Theoben AZ tuned MKII .25. Not shrouded as yours but an after market NC of the USA ldc. 65 fpe with Kodiaks 31 gr.

Sniper accurate. RAPID high glove gauge block non regulated. Fill foster is on the bottom near the trigget. Not an AZ mod.

You have access to parts. Check the UK Rapid Airguns Forum. Plenty of great people on there that can help you.

Martin came to.the USA and started Rapid Air Weapons . Great guns and he also have old MFR parts. He came from the old Theoben makers. JMO

PS: First indication should have been NO thread sealant is required on the bottle install.

One issue these guns had was the bottle valve would leak down due to the international poppit. THEOBEN made bottle caps that sealed the threaded area and the valve. This issue was fix able. Bad fills with contaminated fittings and mosture could cause the valves to leak.

Another factor is using thread sealant. Loose sealant can cause leaks , as thread tape gets past the end of the fitting and gets into the regulator or poppit valve and proven a seal. JMO