Theoben leaks.

My Theoben was leaking from the collet / ring (or whatever that part is called) that holds the quick-fill and pressure gauge. So I tried replacing the o-rings..........

I am having problems refitting the o-rings in the collet / ring that holds the quick-fill and pressure gauge on my Theoben Rapid 7 mkII. When placing the collet over the fast-flow, the edge of the fastflow wants to shave off some off the o-ring.

I tried tapping it in place with a plastic hammer; to no avail.

So, how does one fit this?

I believe that RAW guns have the same construction.

I know that this sounds kind of vague, but if you own one of these guns you might know what I am talking about.

@ Gubber, I used silicone grease as well. But the fast flow still shaved off pieces of o-ring.

@Motorhead, with ' take a small file and break the edge / or work the edge with some 400 wet/dry. CLEAN and then assemble w/o further shaving. ' you mean the o-ring, right?

Perhaps, I do not have the right size. But I did get these o-rings from a Theoben service kit.

@ Gubber, I used silicone grease as well. But the fast flow still shaved off pieces of o-ring.

@Motorhead, with ' take a small file and break the edge / or work the edge with some 400 wet/dry. CLEAN and then assemble w/o further shaving. ' you mean the o-ring, right?

Perhaps, I do not have the right size. But I did get these o-rings from a Theoben service kit.

No ... the edge of the metal part that is cutting the o-ring

No ... the edge of the metal part that is cutting the o-ring

Ok thanks. I think it should work.

It does feel a little odd to take a file to such an expensive rifle though.

I wonder how they did it at the factory.

As mentioned just lightly work the edges. Plus proper oring and silicon lube. Twisting to make sure the valve slides in straight.

I've got a extra I removed and yesterday notice had a slight but in it from not being installed the the fill/ gauge block. Light working the edge made it slid in with no o ring damage. 

Theoben Rapid MKII .25. AZ build. Jmo