• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Theoben is coming back

I have about a dozen AZ and stock Theoben MK2 and a MK1, as well as a .20, .22, and .25 Theoben Eliminator. If anyone is interested, I could do a video on them on my airgun channel THE AIRGUN SCIENTIST https://tinyurl.com/AirGunScientist-com 

You can see a few of them here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D39aHhMXBM&t=

An interest?

Reactions: bucketboy
Have a 22 year old Theoben gas ram...might be time for an AZ tune-up assuming he still works on stuff that old. Thanks for the info.

Charlie it might be worth at lease call to the fellow who put it together at the factory at airgunwerks David still does nice work. And yes AZ does still roam about in Idaho.

John

Unregulated MKII .25 cal custom built by Allen Z.

I have a couple different stocks.

Barrel cut and fully shrouded to overall length of 44.5 inches (barrel is actually about 19 inches). Original MKII has a fishing pole length barrel.

AZ custom Quickfill on bottle modification (Oversized Parker 60 fitting)

Trigger gone through and set at a 8 oz’s.

Custom cocking bolt installed and adjusted.

Dovetail cut in receiver and Allen’s custom rings with some bizarre lap type job he does on them that leaves them perfectly centered with scope zeroed with full scope travel left. I had to supply the scope. I had the Elite 6-24x40 installed with the AZ dialing for death regular rangefinder knob.

Allen ran through about 700 pellets finding the best power point and pellet for the gun. Even did some night shooting under lights so he could see the pellet stability. It flashes if not perfect flight. Shooting just under 900fps with JSB 25.4.

Allen Z is a freaking Rapid Wizard. This was cutting edge at the time but is now more of a retro classic. 

DSC01504cc.1618535223.jpg

Reactions: quick
If AZ can tweak a RAW to make it more efficient, why can't Air Force? Huh, huh, huh?
Same thing threw my shop ....

As too WHY the factory can't do it ? They make what has always worked, don't think they have the R&D talent in house to make a go at it on a production & retrofit scale :cry:

Reactions: bucketboy
Same thing threw my shop ....

As too WHY the factory can't do it ? They make what has always worked, don't think they have the R&D talent in house to make a go at it on a production & retrofit scale :cry:
From what is said here, I get the impression that AZ performs his magic by merely adjusting the regulator, hammer, and transfer port. No exotic parts are added. If that's the case, then manufacturing changes shouldn't cost anything.

I own several rapids and RAWs while I would love to see the return I can’t really see it happening, the reason being airworx already have the 1000 and 1000x blocks which let’s face it are rapids with a cocking lever, both share many of the same parts, why would airworx bother with the extra cost of tooling and increased parts manufacture.
While I do have a chassis stock and a RAW walnut stock both of which are nice but neither are as easy to live with as an everyday hunting stock compared to the more sporter style of Theoben stocks.

What I would like to see is the lighter HM100 block a more hunting oriented stock, something like the MFR with an mfr reg that allows for easy bottle fitment. (it’s much easier to carry a spare buddy bottle than a 12ltr charging kit)
Also, it would be nice to have a block without operating instructions printed on the side, don’t need a q/f and gauge either, less is definitely more!

2545FA47-586B-474B-92D9-2684D83B9B65.jpeg