Theoben Crusader on Ebay

Yes, that was a good deal. That’s why it’s sold so fast. The crusader was a very powerful rifle, yet not quite as heavy as a Crow Magnum. 

they are the absolute pinnacle of springer workmanship. If you consider a nice wood great craftsmanship excellent finish adjustable power, high power great ergonomics important.

absolutely stunning in English air rifles from another age

here is one:

0A72A313-1B33-423F-A06A-82656AD3F08C.1627949456.jpeg

I own one in .20 (beech) and it's very nice but I wouldn't pay $1,250 for it. 19 to 21 ft lbs so high by BB standards but low by PCP standards. You can get them for much cheaper in the UK but shipping is a fortunate if you can even get them to send it to you. There have been no better gas ram BB rifles then Theoben it's unlikely we will ever see that level off quality in that format again.

The best Theoben was the Eliminator and I've had Crow Magnums as well, but the Eliminator was the last word on Gas Ram for me since 1999.

I still have ONE left over from those days, I had all three in all calibers and sold the .22. I gave away the .20 to an army Chief for his birthday.

I kept the .25. The .177 was not made in THAT powerhouse because it was too narrow to release the sudden burst of air into the base of the pellet.

I did see the variations of the Eliminator Theoben that were "less" powered and felt something was compromised in those endeavors to create a rifle to fill an unwarranted problem whether underlever or whatever. Only the original Theoben Elimator from original England had this quality and every single model of gas ram following missed the mark with the exception of the Beeman Crow Magnum which had ambi stock.

There is no gas ram today that can equal the accuracy and power of my own original 1999 Theoben .25 Eliminator. I have the trigger exact on this and that took YEARS of figuring and testing. 

Who wants to spend YEARS on a specific trigger without altering it into garage mechanics?

I had to twist the adjustable trigger screws on my own Theoben to 'get there' where I know it is going to release.

No TO6 trigger.

No HW Rekord trigger.

A GAS RAM THEOBEN trigger set like the M-1 or M-14.

Got it! This .25 Eliminator is capable of the same accuracy as D54 .20 at 25 yards.

But the guys selling off their Theobens may not know how well manufactured these guns were in 1999 and before priced at 1200 instead of today's gas rams from China costing a couple hundred. 

You GET what YOU pay for.

I was the lucky chap who managed to buy it... another for the collection.

I'm pleased to report it shoots perfectly, very pleased with it.

A LOT easier to cock / handle than the crow magnum too... thankfully !

You beat me to it!. Very nice airgun you got there. Curious - do you like the shot cycle as well as a springer?

Regards,

Bill

Hi Bill...

I moved to the glorious US in 2014, I've been shooting theobens most of my life back in England, admittedly later on it was the Rapid, but the earlier years, a Scirocco then an SLR88... its a sharper firing cycle, defiantly noisier than a springer too. My tuned TX series are a lot quieter and smoother - probably easier to shoot accurately too.

But, for me Theobens are a brand with so much nostalgia, whenever I shoot them it takes me back to a younger me with hours spent waiting in hedgerows for rabbits to come out or pigeons to loft in trees on my various shoots... learning about windage, elevation, patience and bonding with the rifles. 

Over here its just target work, even so, its always a magic moment to handle one again - quality is incredible, and the shot cycle etc, unique. They're all remarkable rifles sir, more evolution of the brand than revolution...

Hi Bill...

I moved to the glorious US in 2014, I've been shooting theobens most of my life back in England, admittedly later on it was the Rapid, but the earlier years, a Scirocco then an SLR88... its a sharper firing cycle, defiantly noisier than a springer too. My tuned TX series are a lot quieter and smoother - probably easier to shoot accurately too.

But, for me Theobens are a brand with so much nostalgia, whenever I shoot them it takes me back to a younger me with hours spent waiting in hedgerows for rabbits to come out or pigeons to loft in trees on my various shoots... learning about windage, elevation, patience and bonding with the rifles. 

Over here its just target work, even so, its always a magic moment to handle one again - quality is incredible, and the shot cycle etc, unique. They're all remarkable rifles sir, more evolution of the brand than revolution...

Many thanks for your perspective. Hope you are enjoying life in the colonies.

Regards,

Bill

About identical to my Olympus

240 Theoben Olympus.1628456593.JPG

Mike - another beautiful gun from your awesome collection. I'm not too sure I would be able to afford it but if you ever decided to make it available please keep me in mind.

Regards,

Bill